main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) In Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by G-FETT, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    No, but I think we already have seen it, if that makes sense - or at least the effects of it - the slaughter of padawans, the vision Rey sees in TFA, Kylo cutting down LST and slaughtering villagers, torturing prisoners, helping the FO enslave and murder millions - essentially pain, death and destruction and the end of everything

2. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    I thought that Luke saw the future

3. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    It was the future when Luke saw it. We but we saw a lot of it in TFA before we saw that Luke had foreseen it 6 years (or whatever) previously.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  4. yanote

yanote Jedi Knight star 2

May 1, 2016
    My forceghost wish for episode IX: Luke introducing us to the other side, where the jedi become one with the Force.

5. Dominick1216

Dominick1216 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 23, 2013
    Off-topic question, but do you think once Episode IX is released that we will eventually get stories involving Luke's 12(?) students? Maybe them getting their own comic series or novels?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  6. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Same. Force ghost Luke would give his arc a greater sense of completion. IX was always likely going to be Mark’s last ever Star Wars performance, so the ghost ending would stand the test of time. There would be no sense of unfinished business. He’d be ‘alive’ forever and at peace.

Satipo likes this.
  7. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    TadoFett and TK327 like this.
  8. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    Yes but omitting the line where Luke says he's coming with her kind of removes any crushing reversal. But now I know how to interpret this when I'm watching...

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  9. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Mark Hamill refuses to believe that Luke is dead. We have two pieces of evidence to support this. One Luke's hand does not drop on the ground instead it goes with him. Two Rebels has shown the teleportation is possible through the force.

10. Dominick1216

Dominick1216 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 23, 2013
    Gandalf-like return! Bet on it lol. But in all seriousness, I think Mark is just hoping there's some way that Luke could return in the flesh in 9. In a way, he's in the denial stage of grieving for his character, if that statement is anything to go by. If Luke is indeed not dead, I'm pretty Disney/Lucasfilm wouldn't allow him to say things like that.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    Darth Nikean likes this.
  11. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    Mark Hamill about Luke's death: “I refuse to believe that he's gone”
    Harrison Ford about Han's death: “I'm not dead. I'm just resting.”

plot twist: both are alive but 100% done. Leia will pretend to be dead too and they will go to a vacation with Lando.

12. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Won’t surprise me if he’s able to take solid form long enough to give Rey a hug. Then he’ll whisper something in her ear that we can’t hear. Later we’ll learn that Luke told Rey that Steve loved Wonder Woman. And Rey’s all “who’s Steve?” because she never got around to watching Wonder Woman but she’s heard good things and wants to see it.

13. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
    Luke drained all his energy by doing the projection. It was foreshadowed by Kylo’s comments.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  14. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    A source, which I believe is just joking has told me Luke is...

...Snoke's other apprentice.

15. Lost_Hope

Lost_Hope Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 15, 2018
    Why not? (I'm half-joking) It's strongly hinted that Snoke and Luke knew each other in the novelization and the main reason they were connected is the Force. Snoke manipulated not only Ben since he was a kid, but Luke and Leia too. Kind of Snoke needs to have a power position or big influence on all of them to be able to do this.

16. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    You know...you might be able to interpret Luke reconnecting with the force as this in film. Luke spending time with Rey, teaching her, was actually starting to make him come around....a rey of hope in his life...then he finds her conversing with Ben and it all goes downhill.

17. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    But surely it's a joke, I can see the uproar now?

18. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    Luke was Yoda and Obi Wan's apprentice. Maybe he met Snoke and get some informations about the Force but not like an apprentice. And Snoke say he had several apprentice but none of them was like Kylo. If he had Luke Skywalker as student, he couldn't care in get Ben Solo

19. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    well of course. The difference is that in the movie Luke never had decided to leave with Rey (that he stated), so when he refuses to go with her after hut scene, it's more of the same. And it's not Rey's fault either way. It's Luke and his issues.

My point is that TLJ seems to leave too much stuff out. The novelization is like this key to what it really means in some cases.

Lost_Hope likes this.
  20. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I...I thought this was the whole point of the movie. This is definitely what I thought even on the first viewing. You mean people didn't get this impression? :confused:

TK327 and Satipo like this.
  21. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015
    which just terrifies me. I sincerely hope they keep that nonsense to the TV shows. Obi wan is one with the force, yoda is one with the force, for the love of god please don't succumb to fan headcannon to snatch luke back for no reason.

22. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    i suppose by now Mark Hamill knows if he's in ep 9 or not, and the size of his part...

23. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    Why stop at Luke....we can bring back Han too! Father and mentor whupping Kylo Ren's butt for ALL the pain he's caused them.

Han: "Clearly...you needed more butt whuppins!"

Han...the following is an example of HOW you SHOULD'VE raised Kylo Ren.

[​IMG]

24. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
    It was a one and done action for the TV show. The classic Star Wars timeline, and everything else, is staying the same.

25. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    What a great night for Mark. The comeback is complete!

IlhamKamaruddin and Akane like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.