main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Simon Kinberg to write a star wars film

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by black_saber, Mar 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Mostly Handless likes this.
  2. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Well, he was working on the Boba Fett film before. So maybe he's back working on that?

3. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I am not sure and one thing for I hope is Boba Fett Should star in more movies and TV shows, not just a standalone film.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  4. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I’m impressed that they got the guy who wrote X-Men: Apocalypse.:p

5. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Critics hated the Film, fans of the x men franchise loved it. But anyways lets talk about the Star Wars potential of the standalone film and what it may be about.

Maybe 20th century fox can write there Own Star wars movies too and as well as Marvel studios as well. That would be like 10 star wars movies a year.^:)^ [face_praying]:eek:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  6. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    I believe he has written some Rebels episodes

BigAl6ft6 and Mostly Handless like this.
  7. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    if he's writing a SW movie, i'll judge the movie on its own merits....now that being said, i must confess that hearing is name associated with SW -or any other film- always makes ne nervous, to put it mildly. The guy never wrote a good movie and was a script doctor for many hollywood trash...

cwustudent likes this.
  8. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Four - and there's no clues there.

9. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    If the same criticisms of a lack of diversity hires on the creative side of things that got started after the Weiss & Benioff announcement rear their heads again AND Kinberg is indeed doing some writing on a Fett movie then I suspect Lucasfilm will put some confirmation out there to quiet it down, pointing out that he is just doing more work on his old project.

10. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    Worth getting hyped about though

11. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Robert Meyer Burnett says Dark Phoenix is supposedly testing great. I wouldn’t be surprised if Kinberg’s Boba Fett movie morphs into a Solo sequel with Fett as the main antagonist, should the Solo movie do well.

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Does this mean Josh Trank will direct?

More like Josh Trashed

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  13. UnshavenWookie14

UnshavenWookie14 Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2017
    Is it really a separate film from the others announced already? I mean alright bring on the Star Wars! But they kinda are handing you hear out like candy way in advance

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DARTH_BELO and Mostly Handless like this.
  14. commander cody

commander cody Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 6, 2014
    I don't think he is a good writer. I really hope he is just producing and not writing a Star Wars Story...

15. xoubara

xoubara Jedi Master star 2

Mar 4, 2003
    I think the exact same thing.

16. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    I think that only looks that way because they announced a trilogy and a series. That's way into the future and not something that is coming up directly. Look at Marvel, they have just set another bunch of dates, meaning that there are now 14 further MCU-movies set for the near future, though nothing beyond 2019 has its name announced yet.

If you look at what is coming up over the next few years for Star Wars, you have Episode IX, then a movie written and directed by Johnson, a movie written by Benioff&Weiss and apparently one written by Kinberg. That's not really all that different from when they announced the return of Star Wars, with a new trilogy and some spin-offs. There were always three to four movies in some level of development. Before TFA was even finished, Johnson had been writing TLJ since late 2014, Rogue One had started shooting in 2015, Kasdan had already worked on writing the script for Solo for an undisclosed amount of time, and Kinberg had apparently worked on a Boba Fett movie.

Any sequels to the movies done by Johnson and Benioff/Weiss only come up once the first parts are done, so they don't really matter when it comes to upcoming productions.

17. UnshavenWookie14

UnshavenWookie14 Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2017
    That’s a good point. Maybe it just seemed that way bc the announcements were so close to one another.

But I guess I can see the logic in signing future writers and directors now. Essentially getting all their ducks in a row now so everyone can get on the same page and coordinate. That way they don’t have anymore parting of the ways in the middle of shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Not this fan. Nor anyone I know. I haven't liked most of what Kinberg has written. The only exception being Sherlock Holmes.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  19. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    X-Men: Apocalypse was really not good, which is disappointing considering how strong Days of Future Past was. Hopefully Kinberg puts a better foot forward with Dark Phoenix.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  20. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Yes, DOFP was pretty decent as well, though I did have a few issues. Dark Phoenix has me scared to death, considering I didn't like Kinberg's first crack at it in X-Men 3.

21. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Fans of the X-Men hated Apocalypse more then critics in my experience. Personally I had never been so tempted to walk out of a movie theatre halfway through a movie before.

22. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I liked it.

23. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    If you're looking for a vote of confidence in Kinberg, it's worth pointing out that he's credited as a writer on several of the best episodes of Rebels: "Fire Across the Galaxy," "Twilight of the Apprentice," and the series finale "Family Reunion and Farewell."

24. FarEasterling

FarEasterling Jedi Master star 1

Aug 18, 2011
    Wow, sounds promising.

25. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Loved that Oprah meme! (or gif or whatever it's called).

It IS getting kind of ridiculous. I realize they are trying to establish a cinematic universe but....unless you plan on bringing all of it together, what's the point? I mean there's only so far you can go with new material and I think that line has been way crossed with these announcements. And a crossover is not possible since I find it incredibly hard to believe they are all set in the same timeframe. Sounds like a cluster truck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.