main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Last Jedi Blu-Ray/DVD (US dates: March 13th Digital and March 27th Blu-Ray/DVD)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Diego Lucas, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I’m for sure very excited about the deleted scenes and all BTS material. I just can’t ever get excited about the home release of the movie itself for two reasons. One, it means the theater run is over. Two, I don’t really care to see a SW movie at home for a long time since I see them so many times in theaters. It takes a year or two before I’m more in the mood to see them again regularly.

I still think it’ll be awesome to have it in 4K though I admit. Plus I may rewatch some scenes but not the entire movie, I can see doing that more lol.

TLJ was a long enough movie that I don’t think they wanted to make it even longer with what was cut. The flow is fast in my view, even after 30 viewings, it moves along quickly. But I don’t think one would want it longer. Even parts that some people think drag are actually if you examine them incredibly tightly edited, like Canto Bight. Each scene is very short, they move along quickly, and the entirety of all Canto Bight scenes isn’t a long duration by any means. To lose that part of the movie would have required a massive rewrite just to make the rest of the film work. It could be done but I think the theme of failure that TLJ explored and of desperation actually plays well with Canto Bight, which was largely a dead end as the plan didn’t work out as intended. I also think the subplot is valuable in developing another theme of the movie, which is war profiteering and the notion that many people don’t care about liberty, equality, and freedom or whatever. They just care about money and lifestyle, so as long as the profits are flowing let the wars rage! I definitely think that whole segment is unfairly maligned because it’s much more interesting than given credit for by many people. Does that mean it’s a favorite of mine to watch and rewatch? No, but I still like the world building for sure. And the music there.

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Theatrical viewings are great, but I actually prefer the next stage after that: owning a movie and being able to watch it any time at home.

vong333, themoth, CosmicDust and 7 others like this.
  3. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Not going to lie, that Luke and Leia mourning scene sounds like it should have been in the film. Yes, Luke on the Falcon and taking Han’s dice pretty much fills the void, but bloody hell that scene sounds like it could be a real tear jerker that should have been present. I guess we’ll see once we see the actual scene in question.

4. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I’d be a bigger fan of seeing SW at home with that $400,000 IMAX home theater setup :p

vong333, MarcJordan and Ricardo Funes like this.
  5. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Yeah, it’s a shame it was cut. But at least we still get to see it. It’s still canon in my mind.

6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I have to agree with you there. While I absolutely love watching the films at the cinema, it's not until I can sit down and watch it in the comfort of my own home that I can really start appreciating it.

7. Solo88

Solo88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2018
    I can't wait to own The Last Jedi on DVD so I can pop it into my computer and make my fan edit. Goodbye Canto Bight.

8. Skylo_92

Skylo_92 Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2018
    Sounds like the Luke/Leia mourning scene will be the Kylo in the Falcon deleted scene on the TFA Blu-Ray of this release.

9. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Deleted scene of an alternate ending for Phasma:

10. Solo88

Solo88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2018
    Meh. I can see why it was cut.

Ody_Mandrell likes this.
  11. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    I actually prefer the alternate ending for Phasma. Much more interesting.

Diego Lucas and Akane like this.
  12. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I think they'll save the Finn/ Stormtrooper revolt stuff for 9. And I'd bet money on a cybernetic Phasma returning as his nemesis again. It would give Finn some real meat to get his teeth into, and wrap up his arc nicely.

13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    That's what I was thinking... I love how this clip shows those troopers actually taking in what Finn is saying about Phasma's treason, but that's too big of a plot point to only have in a deleted scene.

14. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Yeah, make that the focus of Finn's arc in 9. It'd be great.

15. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I would love to see a stormtrooper revolt lead by Finn. That would be so awesome.

Phasma is alive, believe me. Her armour is quite capable. Of course I would LOL as hell, but I want to have a little bit of silly fun. Bring the memes !

EHT likes this.
  16. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015

The cinema version it's better, in fact.

17. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    I really prefer the alternate version of the scene. Phasma taking out her own stormtroopers to save her own hide is totally something she would do.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  18. KembaSkywalker

KembaSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 16, 2016
    Wow, I hope that's the case now. And I will throw a massive tantrum if it doesn't happen!

Loved that deleted scene though. Also Bothan-Spy on reddit was right about Phasma losing her hand.

Satipo, Lost_Hope and Ricardo Funes like this.
  19. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
  20. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I am willing to bet that something like this will be in IX. This will give Finn a nice place in the story and make it full circle.

EHT likes this.
  21. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002

Ricardo Funes, Diego Lucas and Satipo like this.
  22. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    All these clips are so tempting but I am planning on binging the entire movie and then all the extra features when they come out so I do not want anything spoiled.

MarcJordan, WebLurker and TCF-1138 like this.
  23. Diego Lucas

Dec 12, 2015
    [Removed]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2018
  24. Diego Lucas

Dec 12, 2015
    [Removed]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2018
  25. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeah, let's not post pirated videos here. Or double post. Enjoy your vacation.