main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit From Endor to Exegol - The State of the Galaxy Discussion Thread (Tagged Victory's Price Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Sep 6, 2015.

1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    We have two confirmed acts of genocide here with the Alderaanians and Geonosians.

Did the Legends Empire do any that we can think of?

Destroying planets is kind of a defacto one but active exterminations of people.

2. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    There was the plague that Madine unleashed.

TheRedBlade and vncredleader like this.
  3. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Caamas?

TheRedBlade likes this.
  4. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    The "Imperial Atrocities" map in the Atlas shows genocides for: Alderaan, Yinchorr, Zchtek, Dentaal, Aruza and Vestar.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

5. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Wait the Yinchorri are canon?

6. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Essential Atlas, not Galactic Atlas. As to Yinchorri canon status, check Wookieepedia...

AusStig likes this.
  7. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Ohhhh. And awww they are not canon. I kinda want them back. If nothing else cause they have one of the coolest species names

8. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I knew there was something I was forgetting to throw in on the Vader-Leia discussion:

[​IMG]

9. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Aw man you have no idea how much I want SW to take that line to heart. One of my biggest misgivings with SW has been some of how they handle adoptive families. Like pretty much brushing over Owen and Beru dying bothered me even as a kid. In fact after Rebel Rising I started to have some annoyance with how Jyn never regards Saw as being her father as well. Like I get why Vader and Galen are important to their kids. But I feel sometimes SW has a tendency to overlook just how important these other figures are on our characters. Like Owen and Beru ARE Luke's parents. Saw is Jyn's dad just as much as Galen was. I know I am rambling but I just guess I am trying to get across how much I loved Bloodline's treatment of Leia's family history. As someone who has honestly felt closer to their adopted cousins, than their own parents at time; it really hits me in a place to see stuff like Leia saying Vader was not her dad. Also god Yondu made me cry so hard with that line.

10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Just noticed your sig VN, that was a great 1138 piece you did - need to remember to comment on it.

vncredleader likes this.
  11. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Thanks so much man!! That means a lot :D

12. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    To the best of my knowledge, Delaya isn't canon anymore. At least insomuch as being a world in the Alderaan system.

We also have New Alderaan being canon as well. It's still located in the Outer Rim near Mon Cala space, which is about a safe a region as you can presumably get post-Yavin and the liberation of Mon Cala. As for Alderaan itself, I frankly love the idea of them making some awesome space station in their home system. Besides the wonderful symbolism of the station that destroyed the world being itself the source of their new home, it also allows the Alderaanians to maintain access to the incredible mineral wealth they now have. I imagine that mining of the debris funded many Alderaanian projects, from the space habitat to New Alderaan to any number of other ventures.

Also- how cool would an Alderaanian space habitat look? I'm thinking architecture like we saw in Aldera, but also being very ecologically friendly. Like an acropolis is space, filled with habitable domes and regions filled with plant life. I'm sure some flora and fauna of Alderaan survived due to being previously exported off world, so I imagine this massive station being a wonder of the Galaxy. I sincerely hope we see more of it in the future.

--Adm. Nick

13. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I had a similar reaction with DC Rebirth where Batman goes back in time to briefly speak with Thomas Wayne and tell him he has a grandson.

I thought that was really awesome before I realized that he wasn't referring to Dick Grayson but Damien Wayne.

vncredleader likes this.
  14. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    (Dick makes more sense as a brother figure then a child figure, and I'll stick to that hill)

15. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    I had a similar reaction but Tim rather than Dick. But hey at least current canon Dick was adopted by Bruce. Tim and Bruce's indomitable partnership has been almost nonexistent as of late.

16. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    New 52 and Rebirth is actually really awful to the entire Bat family (since they were the only ones I buy these days).
    The abuse done to Tim Drake's character is sad and the fact that now all five Robins (I still count Stephanie Brown despite New 52 and Rebirth's attempts to pretend Damian is the awesome fourth Robin) have died when only Jason and Steph had rights to that (yes I know Steph didn't actually die but still).
    And Damian still has the same personality that wants me to put an axe to his skull every so often.

vncredleader likes this.
  17. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    I honestly love Dami, but man did the robins' plot in the second volume of the new 52 Batman and Robin frustrate me so much.

18. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Some of Rebirth is really good. Some of it is awful.

Some of it is just inexplicable like Batwoman going from the least experienced and least trusted of Batman's group (because she's an independent who took it up on her own) to the most of both.

But Cass and Stephanie are back so who am I to complain.

19. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    I honestly have been really let down by Tynion. Like I almost with Cassie and Steph and Jean were not around, cause det is just fanservice and it feels somewhat off. Which hurts to say cause I was rooting for Tynion to get det or Batman since I first read his annual from 2013. Not to mention him being like the nicest dude ever

Charlemagne19 likes this.
  20. Dominick1216

Dominick1216 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 23, 2013
    Off-topic, but has it been stated in the canon what was the official calendar system during the years of Republic? The Empire used the Imperial calendar (BFE/AFE) and the New Republic used the Galactic calendar (BBY/ABY), but what did the Republic use?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  21. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Great_ReSynchronization

22. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    Van Wayne is best Wayne, fite me irl

23. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I'm so annoyed that show was cancelled and I know it was objectively terrible. TERRIBLY FUN.

24. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Well he was created by Bill Finger, so i am not gonna disagree

25. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    That occurred on Dentaal. I believe this event is still canon.

--Adm. Nick