main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Andy Serkis (Snoke) In Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Tobi, Dec 14, 2017.

?

Will Snoke return in Episode IX?

1. Yes - I think he's Darth Plagueis and can therefore cheat death (Even being cut in half)

14.9%
  2. Yes - perhaps a clone, or Force Ghost, or by some other means, like in a flashback

15.4%
  3. No - his story is done

69.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    He’s Shmi.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  2. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    He’s Shmou. But Shmou don’t resemble him at all. But neither do Shi.

3. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I think Snoke is dead, too. It was perfect in how he died, if you ask me. Although I love The Last Jedi and think it's a great film, I felt that the biggest flaw in the film was not explaining where Snoke came from. There were many opportunities where a couple of lines of dialogue would have resolved this issue. We didn't need flashbacks, mind you, just some exposition would have sufficed — like maybe Snoke was just some dark sider that the Jedi defeated centuries ago, who they thought had perished but instead went into hiding in the outer rim, and that the remaining Imperials had found him on some backwater planet. I mean, the Jedi must have enemies other than the Sith in the thousand years that had gone by, right? Well, any backstory would have been better than nothing, really. And don't give me that bull that Snoke didn't need any explaining, either. Saying that the Emperor in a A New Hope didn't get any doesn't cut it. You could say that about any character in the first movie, but you wouldn't because it's the first movie. But when it was suggested that only a small amount of Force Users remain in the Galaxy, and that the ashes of a defeated Empire had found a very old and powerful dark sider to replace their Emperor, then yeah, it very well needs explaining.

Despite saying all that, leave Snoke dead. But if he somewhow survived, then you might as well say he's Darth Plagueis. I would rather have that outcome than have some other guy that learned how to cheat death, too. And at least this way JJ can tie up all three trilogies together in a nice bow, which if I understand correctly is what he wants to do, anyway.

4. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    It's Snoke's other apprentice which is important now...

...and it's going to shock the world when it's revealed to be Luke Skywalker!

[face_laugh]

oncafar likes this.
  5. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    [​IMG]

6. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    I thought [face_laugh] gave it away...

oncafar and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  7. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Prediction! Snoke returns and is redeemed! Fans love it!

oncafar likes this.
  8. Akane

Akane Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 20, 2018
    Snoke is dead... unless he has a horcrux hidden somewhere in the galaxy [face_nail_biting]

Miras-Etrin likes this.
  9. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    He might’ve been glued back together with Force glue. It’s stronger than super glue.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  10. Akane

Akane Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 20, 2018
    too easy. How about this:

Half of his body will be floating in space, he will stay alive until his father finds him and replaces the missing parts with robotic devices. All this will happen off screen. Then in the first five minutes of episode 9 he will face Kylo who will cut his body into hundreds of pieces and then do the same with Snoke's father. The fans will say that it is a copy of dragon ball z/Frieza, while Lucasfilm will say that it is only a small tribute.

11. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I would still like to think that Snoke is Plagueis. The info from the TLJ book, about the black stone in Snoke's ring coming from Vader's Liar on Mustafar, just adds fire to the debate. But at this point I doubt it. Although maybe Plagueis could just take over another body. Or maybe Snoke just one-upped Luke's allusion(as others have theorized), by creating a projection of himself that could actually be cut in half. [face_dunno] I just don't want to get my hopes up, after the way they handled Snoke in TLJ. :(

You mean like an Angel of Iego? I always liked the possibility of Snoke being a fallen angel of Iego, that was cast into the Unknown Regions. That would have explained his gnarly/scarred appearance. It's too bad we wont get that in the movies though. [face_frustrated]

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  12. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
  13. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Maybe the working title Black Diamond refers to Snoke's black diamond ring, and there's something more to the ring than what we know. Perhaps Snoke wore the ring as a method of executing his last will and testament. While Snoke was alive, his life force powered the ring, transmitting a constant signal to something or somebodies somewhere else. When his life force ceased, the signal ended, which then triggered the entities on the receiving end to activate and commence with Snoke's post-mortal command or revenge. How this would be conveyed to the audience...... I would need to think about that. Maybe the beginning of IX shows the moments before Snoke's death, then there's a closeup of Snoke's hand and ring. His fingers twitch, then stop. The camera zooms in on the ring, then cuts to the Unknown Regions, where black diamond adorned followers are alerted to his death, and they prepare for war.
    From an official Lucasfilm magazine called The Souvenir Guide to the Movie Star Wars: The Last Jedi:
    "Force sensitive, and highly attuned to the dark side but not a Sith, Snoke has trailed Kylo Ren and at least one other apprentice."
    Hux was very smug saying "We have them tied to the end of a string", referring to the Resistance. Maybe Snoke had a similar tactic up his sleeve.
    It's sort of a death ring. Also, a bit like this:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  14. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    Oh god that would be horrifying if some alien army waits in the UR in the event Snoke is murdered, led by this other apprentice.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  15. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Do you mean that in a good way, or a bad way?

16. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    both. :)

Maybe that means in the best way?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  17. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Where were the two cloaked dudes that were messing with the computer monitor in Snoke's throne room? They weren't in the room during the battle. I wonder if this is significant. Hmm.

Whatever the case may be, it stands to reason that the powers that be in Lucasfilm must retain a level of secrecy when it comes to future storytelling — even if some knuckleheads on the internet insist on exposition be revealed beforehand, so they can either feel good about being right about their predictions, or angry about not getting what they wanted. Star Wars fans are becoming too selfish and a little embarrassing. One could say that this puts Lucasfilm in a bind — which is unfair, really. If they do something too different, they'll get flamed for it — if it's too similar, they'll get the same. :(

So if Snoke survived, this will upset a lot of people. If Kylo remains the main antagonist and dies, this will end the Skywalker saga on a sour note, which again will upset people. But if Kylo Ren redeems himself and lives, this will, too. The problem is Lucasfilm has to pick something regardless if it's these three choices. But we must be prepared for any outcome and be patient for what has yet to be revealed – even if Snoke's return just so happens to be one of them. :)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  18. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    The Sith make Snoke look like Mickey Mouse, may be that's what Disney wants, he was overcome easily and his planning lacked the cunning and foresight of Palpatine.

So why would anyone want him back?

19. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    He can mob the floors of the star destroyers way more efficient with his generals than Finn could ever do.
    We need to have him back so the galaxy fleet stays clean.

20. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

21. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    I wasn't very attached to Snoke myself. But I actually think the continual Snoke "mystery" might be working into the future. Though I would have liked to know how he entangled himself with the Skywalkers. It's the Rey mystery that wasn't quite working for me.

22. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    ‘Tis merely a flesh wound. And in IX we’ll get the Knights who Formerly were Called Ren.

23. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    But how will it work?

Rey goes into the Force portal and pulls Snoke through the moment before he gets sliced?

The lessons of that Rebels episode says that consequences will happen and that could be Kylo taking an alternative path.

24. Darth Geezy

Darth Geezy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2016

25. Darth Geezy

Darth Geezy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2016
    Perhaps the Jedi ghosts must end in order to defeat Snoke/Plagueis?

Maybe Qui-Gon's force ghost discovery in Episode 1 has had unintended consequences?

The Jedi has been cheating death for a long time now and gradually getting better at it, so why can't the Sith?

We learned a handful of new things about the force - Force projections, interaction with the real world, and mind-bridging. Nothing is completely off the table at this point in regards to a Snoke return.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.