main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Neverx, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Ah, I see. I don't know if posting the Q&A is the same is giving straight up spoilers but I suppose it's the same principle. I'm also happy that I know what happens in the finale, but my reaction is pretty much the opposite of yours.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

2. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Spoiled myself, in agreement with Vialco.

fett 4 and Vialco like this.
  3. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    I agree with Vialco. I am not a happy fan...

fett 4, Vialco and cwustudent like this.
  4. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    It's not directly the finale itself, I agree. But I assume there are still some spoilers in the Q & A. Would it really have hurt for that person to wait two more days?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  5. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Yes, there's a HUGE one at the start...

cwustudent likes this.
  6. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    You know, I'm really surprised that video hasn't been taken down. But if people don't want to be spoiled they can easily avoid it. I don't think the poster is really harming anyone.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

revan772 and cwustudent like this.
  7. Rennzwerg

Rennzwerg Jedi Master star 2

Mar 26, 2017
    I find myself battling with my own determination not to watch the Q&A. But even so, reading preview info such as on Rebels Recon makes it more difficult to hold back. As a Thrawn fan who liked the new novel a lot reading things like the following has me worried on two fronts:

"A preview video in the “Rebels Recon” show shows Hera talking about how tough the blockade is, and Hondo talks about his ability to break through.

Sine this is the decisive battle for Thrawn, he will not hold back. The preview video shows him bombarding the planet from space, not considering the civilian casualties."

http://www.ibtimes.com.au/star-wars-rebels-season-4-rebellion-thrawn-face-lothal-1565644

A) How does this fit with Thrawn being clinical and wanting to avoid civilian casualties on a large scale? At this stage in his career at least.
    I fully expect him to develop into the more ruthless version from Legends - but not within a year of the end of the Thrawn novel. And not over Lothal. If there is one person who deserves his unrestrained ire it is Pryce.

B) If he is really as callous as that, they might go ahead and kill him off. What a waste of potential that would be (I admit I am biased).

If both things happen I honestly wish he had remained in Legends.

Oddly enough, I am not really worried about the main Rebels crew. I am expecting a resolution in line with previous storylines: Success against the odds, possibly because the Empire is stupid/incompetent again, with some minor characters sacrificing themselves (not saying they don't count! I was sad when Sato died but what a way to go...).

Knowing the answers are out there makes it really hard not to go and find out.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

8. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I think that is some pretty low brow stuff to leak anything when you've been given a special invite. Now that is what I call hubris to the max.

9. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Perhaps he only gives the order once it's clear the Complex is about to launch and he's trying to evacuate whoever's remained behind assuming they're only Rebels if they don't listen?

10. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    In the trailers/ sizzle reel you can hear the Emperor screaming commands and
    in that Q&A they mentioned that the Emperor was very present during the finale
    so it wouldn't surprise me if Thrawn was acting under Palpatine's direction. That's their "out" if they want to try and keep the characterisation consistent, otherwise they'll probably just write the character how they want and leave it up to Zahn to try and make it fit together in one of his novels.

I don't know which direction they'll go with, but from what I understand Zahn was told far in advance what they were doing with Thrawn and Rukh in season 4. Knowing him he's already factored it into his plans, whatever they are.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    MandaloreRex2015 and Rennzwerg like this.
  11. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016
    A new promo somebody snagged from their TV:

Seems like the others stage a last stand whilst Hera goes recruiting, with Hera and co. arriving just in time to make the save.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  12. Rennzwerg

Rennzwerg Jedi Master star 2

Mar 26, 2017
    So, business as usual then.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

silvereyed likes this.
  13. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    Looks like Zeb and Ezra surrendering to stormtroopers. I would hope that just this once at the end, said stormtroopers would then be smart enough to then pump both full of stun bolts. ;)

Another thing I kinda would've hoped Rebels would do, given the casual attitude sometimes to offing both faceless rebel pilots and Imperial soldiers, would be an Incredibles-esque moment where Ezra or whoever knocks the helmet of a stormtrooper to see the conscript underneath--to help put things in perspective that they're still fighting flesh and blood and not to get cavalier about it.

14. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Master_Rebado likes this.
  15. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Well I was partially right. Hondo lives, and they 'cleaned house' of Gregor.:p

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    But Melch became immortal

MrDarth0 and ConservativeJedi321 like this.
  17. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Q&A for the finale.

18. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    Ezra to Sabine when they reunite:
    i hate your hair.

19. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I was worried that after he fought the Stormies and Red Guards he was going to show up with some recognizable wounds on his face.

kalzeth and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  20. Grievpalpy75

Dec 31, 2015
    Snoke isn't human.

21. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    He looks at least near-human though

22. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    He's human to me

*Sad face*

Son of a Bith likes this.
  23. Grievpalpy75

Dec 31, 2015
    Pablo implied that Pellaeon may have survived.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I will be waiting to see what they do with him.

25. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Killing him off-screen would be very weird- they didn't even show him- if we have learned something from Rebels- we can never be sure someone dies if we don't actually see it (Ahsoka)and even then they can return (Maul)

revan772 and MandaloreRex2015 like this.