main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Future of Star Wars on TV

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by ThatWanFromStewjon, Dec 5, 2012.

1. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    Who knows, depending on how Rebels ends the next animated series could continue to follow the ones who survive the show.
    I always thought it would be cool to have spin-off movies set durning the events of the OT. Now I'm thinking it would be best if they did a show. It could follow Hera, Sabine, Zeb, Chopper, and any new crew members (I'm assuming Ezra and Ahsoka don't survive the Rebels finale). It could pick up right around the ending of Rogue One durning the space fight or just after the destruction of the first Death Star and span all the way through to a couple of years after the Battle of Endor. In animated form we could bring in Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, and any other OT characters as reoccurring or regulars characters of the show. They could call it Star Wars: Rebel Alliance or just Star Wars: Alliance.

2. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Here is a interview Collider did with Filoni that was uploaded today.

He didn't actually deny that he isn't doing a live action series. DF is great at answering stuff without actually answeing it though.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  3. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    Rebels Series Finale Spoilers:
    So.... "Sabine/Ahsoka team-up to find Ezra" show I presume?

Fandalorian and cwustudent like this.
  4. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    What if we get multiple spin offs? Sabine / Ahsoka go find Ezra, Zeb and Kallus space ranger buddy cop, and Jacen staring in one? [\spoiler]

5. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    I hope the green kid is the one Kylo slays first.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Don’t you say such things.

7. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    Already typed, bucko.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I know how the internet works. :p

I doubt Hera will give up her son anyway.

9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Guys, this isn't a designated spoiler thread- use tags for major stuff like that. I won't say it again.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Ya sorry about that one Todd. My bad.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The 7th Fleet gets taken away with Thrawn to survive the entire OT... Pellaeon gets a mention... I wonder what they could possibly be setting up. :p

12. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    After the events of the Rebels SERIES finale, I'm going to change one of my percentages above...
    The coda in the finale pretty much sets up an Ahsoka/Sabine adventure to find Ezra post battle of Endor, so my 35% is now probably closer to 95% IF they get the green light. Also, there are so many more characters they can introduce from the OT & ST as well as the characters from Rebels to make appearances and join in on the fun.

13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Y'know

while it seems like "that'll be the entire show"I kind of doubt it, I mean they WILL get back to that plot again but I'm thinking it's more of a subplot in whatever new series (like action or animation) comes out that takes place later in the timeline. Kind of like how Ahsoka in Rebels S2 was a season-long subplot that spun off from Clone Wars. So I think that'll be a part of whatever comes next but not the main thrust.

My idea for the next TV show based upon the Rebels finale would be

Spin off series: Ezra n' Thrawn in a wacky, mismatched roommate sitcom.

"Now, Thrawn, this paint is shows my side of the Star Destroyer, and the other half is your side, don't come over to my side, I don't come over to your side."
    "I will study your flaws, Commander Bridger, and in time, your side will be mine again."
    "Ugh, whatever. You have any leftover Space Whale meat?"
    "Just a bit. I got some pinecones here too, though."

14. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I see there is speculation on the main page of this Site, about the next Animated Series being about the search for Ezra Bridger (The Wesley Crusher of Star Wars).:rolleyes: I hope this isn't true. I like Ashoka; but we have seen enough of her for a while. I would rather see a Series set between ROTJ and TFA; to see Han, Luke, and Leia together again. Or at least something different from Rebels.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    cwustudent and kalzeth like this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Han Luke and Leia actually dont seem to spend almost any time together after Jakku. Luke is always off teaching or looking for Jedi stuff.

16. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Seriously? She has hardly had any screen time, probably about 3% of that of the OT characters.

17. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

True, but there could be a least a little interaction between Luke and the others, before he totally goes into exile. It would still be cool to see Luke teaching Ben, before he went Dark Side. And of course Han and Leia would be together for many years.

@BadAcrobat
    Maybe not in Rebels; but in The Clone Wars Series, Ahsoka had more combined screen time than any of OT Characters had in the OT.

RaptorMusic and cwustudent like this.
  18. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    The best part is that Jim Cummings is the VA for Pellaeon. =D=
    They should scrap Joruus. How about Snoke instead? [face_skull]

kalzeth and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    You mean in total? She has way more screen time then all 3 OT mains combined.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  20. BadAcrobat

Apr 20, 2015
    No, we have our wires crossed. Sorry.

21. BadAcrobat

Apr 20, 2015
    Well, that could have something to do with the fact that TCW was bout 60-70 hours total viewing, compared to about 7 hours of OT.

22. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    How about a show about the era when the Malachor superweapon was used?

I also wonder if Filoni and Lucas talked about the origins of the Jedi and Sith and if Mortis and the Purrghills could tie into that.

23. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I just heard someone call Dave Filonious Monk so that's what i'm calling him from now on

24. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I mean...why not have Ahsoka with a major role? Maybe there'll be something new, and I'm somewhat surprised that Sabine didn't end up going back to Mandalore to take up leadership there.
    LOL!! I completely LOLed and can't contain it.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. Fandalorian

Fandalorian Jedi Master star 3

Apr 18, 2015
    You joke, but i actually thought it would be cool if when Sabine and Ahsoka finally find them. Ezra and Thrawn have become friends.
    And have united to help the Chiss Ascendancy battle the nascent First Order throughout the Unknown Region.
    Now that would make for an interesting next series, in my humble opinion. And give everyone the FO/Snoke backstory they've wanted.

I mean notice how they had Price be the one responsible for Kanan's death?. Ezra and Thrawn haven't done anything that they can't
    come back from. Ezra: "You bombed my city!, but then i had a giant squid-whale strangle you, so i guess we're even."

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018