main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Canon Materials (novels, TV shows, comics, games) and Episode IX - SEE WARNING ON PAGE 41

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Jan 4, 2018.

1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    mlsw and Jedi Jessy like this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    So it looks like Filoni will give us his own take on the Thrawn Trilogy next. Also the Search for Spock Ezra begins. :p

3. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011

Q&A with cast and Dave Filoni.

4. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    We all know how this will play out - as both Ezra and Thrawn got pulled through hyperspace, they merged into one being: SNOKE.

Kidding aside, I loved the finale BUT FOR Ahsoka showing up to hunt for Ezra with Sabine. I wish she would just stay gone. Kallus's and Zeb's resolution was my favorite by a long shot. That whole arc throughout the series was very well done.

5. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    Its in the past, a long time ago.........:D

i look at it like law and order, theres a lot of people in that galaxy and these are their stories. The fact is everyone is so used to the closed off sandbox skywalker saga theres no room to add new people or expand their worldview (as a generalization) That kind of thinking wont help anyone approach this new content openmindedly. Its still star wars.

As for that "no mention in movie" ..... Thrawns not mentioned in a movie either so im not certain that ashoka, ezra needs a mention. Theres more movies and books to come in the future which they are tied together in some way maybe.

darklordoftech and oncafar like this.
  6. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    The Galaxy has been exapnded from what I saw, isn't that what folks have been wanting? I know for me, the idea of exploring the Unknown Regions has so much potential.

7. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    You summed up exactly how I feel about Rebels, (and all the expanded universe stuff if I'm being honest). It feels very much like a alternative timeline/retcon to me.
    I'm a bit jealous of the people that enjoy Rebels. Must've been nice to have an ongoing Star Wars TV show on the air for years. It's just always looked and felt, well, cartoonish to me.

8. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    Rebels has ended. Mixed feelings. But moving on. :p

9. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    Well, I didnt cotton to Maul coming back at all in any series....chopped in half is dead but i looked past that and still watched Rebels.. Clone Wars had a fair bit of fluff but rebels had moments i consider very very star wars in terms of how it animated(The McQuarrie Vader style duel with Kannan/Ezra Etc comes to mind), was designed, and its meta lore. It was for kids but i enjoyed it. Looking forward to anything new for a series but an outer rim story would be sweet.

10. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    Aw. The ending of Rebels was sweet. I cried.

The thing about Ezra btw is, he is obnoxious in the beginning, but he's a kid. And then he grows up.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  11. unlimitedpower

Nov 11, 2014
    For those of you wondering, Ahsoka is now wandering around the Galaxy post-Endor. One of these days I swear Filoni is going to made her into a goddess or something. He already made her into a "Gandalf" after all.

12. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016
    I think I bellowed 'Ahsoka the white!' the moment I saw her.

What with that, the Purgills playing the role of the Eagles, and the title 'A fool's hope', these episodes were definitely tipping the hat the LOTR.

kalzeth likes this.
  13. unlimitedpower

Nov 11, 2014
    Ahsoka the white is just [face_sick]

cwustudent likes this.
  14. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    It's good stuff :)

15. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    rebels was amazing as always...

and btw is that what a lot of comics look like now? (not the actual photo rip off) but the overdone photoshop? last time i was buying comics was in the early 2000's and they had really started in with the photoshop but it didn't look that bad. yikes. awful.

this is what i collected back in the dinosaur age and i still re-read them. compare the art to that han solo book...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    kalzeth likes this.
  16. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    My only gripe with the finale was the return of the space whales. I was hoping those would be forgotten into oblivion.

Everything else was great though. A wonderful and emotional ending to the series.

kalzeth likes this.
  17. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    Hah. I liked the space whales.

Though were this not animated I might have been disbelieving.

I was a bit annoyed that Sabine was apparently frozen in her progression after Ezra left. But maybe it just looked that way.

cwustudent and Valency Jane like this.
  18. KembaSkywalker

KembaSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 16, 2016
    I actually really liked the return of the space whales. As much as I've disliked Ezra for almost the entire show, it brought his arc full circle and brought even more light to his unique ability to connect with animals. I really enjoyed the final episodes. When Rebels is good, it thrives.

Like (probably) most, I have mixed feelings about Ahsoka. She's one of my favorite Star Wars characters, so I don't really mind her being around throughout the OT so long as they have an interesting story planned for where she's been. Should she have been killed off in the S2 finale? Maybe. But I'll give the creators a chance to tell their story before I make that judgement for sure. Loved the Ahsoka the White shot at the end.

JoshieHewls and oncafar like this.
  19. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    I also didn't have a problem with the Space Whales. In some strange way, it makes sense. Ahsoka is also my favorite character, so seeing her Post ROTJ was great and something that I said was possible for a long time now. From a Canon perspective, her being around Post ROTJ doesn't effect anything. I am very curious what she was up to during the time from Malachor until we see her in that end scene of Rebels.

I suspect a novel in the future that will explain just that. At least I am hoping we get one.

20. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I loved the epilogue. That was a surprise. I think Kallus and Zeb should get their own comic series or something. I can see them making a great duo, and their ending was very poignant.

I still think Yoda’s line to Luke in ROTJ about being the last Jedi holds. Luke is a Jedi Knight. Ahsoka is powerful in the Force, but she no longer follows the Jedi way. As for Ezra, he’s likely somewhere in the Unknown Regions, completely out of the equation. But yes, it does open up a few possibilities that I do find very attractive. I mean, Thrawn for one.

21. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    not gonna lie...too many cooks...too many jedi. Really feels Filoni is obsessed with retconing the OT and reshaping in his own way. And want to force-spoon us Ashoka till the end of time.

Also, had Palpatine learned about a "world between worlds" that could give him proper unlimited power this time, well...it kind of undermine his plans and threat over the OT since ruling a galaxy and destroying a couple of planets is nothing compared to reshape the tissue if time. I dibt know, feels off to me. Maybe im the only one but it bothers me that the Emperor wanted/knew Ezra. Too many cooks too many cooks too many jedi...

22. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    I don't think the show really bugs me too much with the OT. Whatever Ahsoka was doing in between seems to have been removed from the Rebel Alliance. She was on her own path and her path is tied up with Ezra. It's true that she technically isn't a Jedi, though she's um so close to being a Jedi that I don't know that this distinction matters.

[ETA: Though maybe the distinction does matter. Yoda asked Ahsoka to come back in TCW are she broke from the Jedi then. Yoda wouldn't consider her a Jedi. She did reject the Order. She did decide that from then on she would walk her own path in the Force. So she is a rogue in the Force, even though it's for the light. And actually this was my favorite moment with her character--that she walked away. It was the right thing to do, and it wasn't like what Anakin or Barriss did in response to the problems with the Order. There was no need to be so extreme.]

But so far, this is working and I'm not seeing any glaring contradictions? Though it depends on where it goes next perhaps. Ahsoka is presumable out of the picture during the post-ROTJ times in which Luke begins working to rebuild the Jedi Order.

I mean, it was a good ending. I've had lots of issues with Rebels, and been critical of it (though I don't know how much of that I've ever posted) but I'm good with this.

23. unlimitedpower

Nov 11, 2014
    I don't like that all it takes to summon nigh-unstoppable space whales is to broadcast a certain frequency. Why don't just do that every time you're facing the Imperials afterwards then? It's a similar problem with lightspeed kamikaze. These authors came up with plot device that is cool on screen and perhaps fitting story wise but they didn't think much of the wider implications.

kalzeth likes this.
  24. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    Hah. I missed the details of the space whales. I probably didn't want to focus too much of them so my disbelieving critical self would not take over.

25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The Rebellion can't just call up the space whales whenever they're in a pickle. I mean they might come but unless you have Ezra or someone else with a similar connection to animals then they're just as likely to destroy your fleet as they are the enemies. Ezra has a Force bond with animals that has been developed all the way through the series so he was likely directing their assault. Something a normal rebel wouldn't be able to do.