main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I do not think Ezra will be one of Kylo's Knights of Ren, or be killed by them. I think if / when he dies, then it will be in something we would not be able to guess now. Animation is doing its own thing, and I like that.

Hopeless and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  2. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    If they don't go the route of revealing Episode 8 was a Force Vision Finn experienced in his coma they need someone to complete Rey's training!

3. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I did not like episode 8 too much (I did not hate it but definitely one of my least faves and it was frustrating) but I do not want them retconning it as a dream or anything... that would make it worse and it does not need that.

silvereyed likes this.
  4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I don't see Luke being Ezra's student, more like the other way around or just mutual respect for eachother. But Ezra might be more damaged goods like Harry Potter from experiences with Dark Lords , not even Luke was exempt from becoming broken and damaged(TLJ).

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  5. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Given what they revealed about Snoke why they don't just explain Snoke tried to corrupt Luke by goading him to strike down a defenceless Ben but Luke resists so he has Ben collapse the ceiling on him then Ben and the others Snoke successfully corrupted destroyed the academy and left assuming Luke was dead.
    Luke closed himself from the force mentally shaken not realising what had actually happened?!

I'd rather Ezra had nothing to do with Luke and his academy after how the tlj turned out!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  6. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Dave posted this about an hour ago. Well done sir. You and your crew should be proud!

[​IMG]

8. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    okay i gotta ask where the hell was AP-5 this entire season???? he doesn't make one single appearance.

9. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Back on Yavin.

Agree on the whole Ezra and the KoR. I think one of the great failures of the new canon is killing off all of Luke's Jedi Order....one simple line in the opening crawl could have given us limitless possibilities.

Original:
    Luke Skywalker has vanished.
    In his absence, the sinister
    FIRST ORDER has risen from
    the ashes of the Empire
    and will not rest until
    Skywalker, the last Jedi,
    has been destroyed.

What I think it should have said:
    Luke Skywalker has vanished.
    The Survivors of the assault on the Jedi academy have scattered.
    In their absence, the sinister
    FIRST ORDER has risen from
    the ashes of the Empire
    and will not rest until
    Skywalker, and the remnants of his Jedi Order,
    have been destroyed.

That gives writers so much more to work with.

And I will again harp on the fact that I believe Maul should have had an apprentice....maybe the Seventh Sister. Leave the future of the Sith open as well.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    Hopeless and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    No I am glad the sith are gone.

11. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    For me it is about leaving the opportunities open. Will the Sith be as powerful as they are under Sheev and Vader?? No. It would be more like when Bane survived and started the Rule of Two. In the shadows and rebuilding power.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    But then would the prophecy be true?

Chris0013 likes this.
  13. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Too many lies told by the Jedi already...what is one more prophecy debunked. And maybe the will of the Force is for the Sith to struggle but never truly achieve lasting power.

14. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Having now seen the entire show I'll say this. If it existed in a vacuum it'd be a very good animated series. However its lack of cohesion with the rest of the Saga makes me inclined to dismiss it entirely from canon. They should've had the guts to feature no Jedi or potential Jedi at all. As should be the case during those dark times in the lead up to Luke's emergence. But no, for commercial reasons they had to shoe-horn Jedi & lightsaber fights into this time period. The resolution of the show muddies the waters of the situation in the galaxy during the OT. It makes certain statements by characters like Yoda only correct by technicality, rather than in the true spirit of what he was telling Luke. In some ways the show was good. In many others it was a waste of time.

15. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Have to agree partially- this show is example of something that shouldn't be on same canon-level as movies really. But nothing new to Star Wars really- it has been problem from the start to retroactively changing things, causing weirdness and almost contradictory cases like Leia remembering Padmé while Obi-Wan don't seem to remember R2 or 3PO or Grievous telling Obi-Wan that he is trained in the jedi arts after those two meeting so many during the war already thanks to TCW. Rebels didn't really change it too much, but sure it really made some things bit weirder in new canon. Yet I don't think Ezra was jedi in the end, he was more like force-sensitive animal trainer and Yoda doesn't mention that there aren't any Force-sensitive animal trainers lost in the unknown regions does he?[face_batting] But yeah I get your point and agree that show would've been better if it would've focused more on rebellion and less on jedi that shouldn't have been so active at this time.

Vialco and silvereyed like this.
  16. Rennzwerg

Rennzwerg Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 26, 2017
    But imagine what kind of new animal friends he will find wherever he is now going! If he brings some of them to Episode IX then the Resistance will have no trouble!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

17. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I don't want live action Ezra.... just no:p

podjazd likes this.
  18. AplagueOnTheWise

AplagueOnTheWise Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    This series finale was just blah. It was there and that’s about it. After a world between worlds this was a huge let down. I’m not too sure how to feel as a whole about the finale . Let it sink in for a few days and maybe I’ll see it from a different angle. The way Thrawn is just USED then grabbed made me want to kick my tv, it was a shame how he went out. Overall I felt this show was rushed and thrown together to appease the masses. With the open ending of the show I wonder if the next animated show will be set between ROTJ and TFA with Ashoka and Sabine searching for Ezra as I do not want any First Order/ rehashed empire OT crap. But so far the ST and Rebels has failed, for me, to reignite that Star Wars feel and love . Rogue One helped, but IMHO Disney has a lot of work to do to up their game. Monetary wise Disney is killing it, lore/story wise has taken 20 steps backwards unfortunately. Let’s hope the new animated series, live actions series, and new movies get back to work on the story and continuity .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snafu55 and fett 4 like this.
  19. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    If they wanted a dark times era show with lightsaber duels, early dark times would have been a far better scenario to portray. More Jedi survivors to explore. More sense for Absoka and Maul showing up. From the comics we know Inquisitors were active back then. See a transition from Republic tech to Empire. Early resistance against the Empire (CIS leftovers, etc). With around 19 years till ANH, more freedom to explore what will happen to your Jedi characters. Clone and Jedi interaction could be portrayed better with order 66 still being fresh.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  20. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    100% disagree with this. But I respect your opinion of course.

Shadowcatcher and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  21. Fandalorian

Fandalorian Jedi Master star 3

Apr 18, 2015
    Well now that i've seen the whole thing, i can safely say that i liked it better than Clone Wars. CW showed me more of the galaxy, which i love it for.
    But Rebels took me on a journey, with characters that i've come to adore. It had a destination, and it was well worth the trip.

So i'd give the entire series a 9.5/10, honestly it often felt more like Star Wars than anything else out there right now. Including the movies.

AplagueOnTheWise and Hopeless like this.
  22. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    This is so true- there is 19 years and they decide to start the show just a few years before ANH.... that is not the wisest decision. I would like to know more about very early rebellion- Rebels didn't tell anything about how Rebel Alliance was formed, it obviously already existed before Rebels season 1- before it contacted to this Lothal cell. Problem is that show like that cannot be about heroes constantly humiliating stormtroopers with ease- it should be fight for survival against overpowering enemy... That is the sort of Rebels I would like to see, Rogue One was close but sure there is not always need to kill all main characters- RO went a bit too far with that, sure it worked there, but I don't think all SW needs to be either that dark or that light as Rebels.

At least some portrayal of Empire could show that there are at least some actually capable stormtroopers as well, it seems new canon confirms that every single stormtrooper is an idiot who cannot aim at all, is easily fooled with or without mind tricks, sees next to nothing in his helmet and can be easily defeated not only by ewoks, but also by a single lothcat, blind man with stick and who knows what else.... Sure i get it, Empire needs a lot of troopers fast and don't give them enough training, equipment is cheaper and worse than clone armor or clone weaponry because it is needed in high quantities so quality suffers, but still could at least some stormtroopers be actually good soldiers to justify that Obi-Wan's remark about imperial stormtroopers being precise.8-} Death troopers and such elite units doesn't count, neither does FO stormtroopers that seem to be just a little better trained.

AplagueOnTheWise and MrDarth0 like this.
  23. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    Well to be fair, how much experience does Obi-Wan really have with stormtroopers? He's probably still judging them based on the clones. And let's be honest, those stormtroopers were against jawas in what was probably a surprise attack. Not saying it makes the incompetance any better, but that line can be explained.

24. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    It is not just that line... This meme pretty much sums up my thoughts:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  25. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Except in Rebels, of course. The Empire was deadly in Rogue One too. Makes me sad that Rebels is considered part of the film canon.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk