main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Going places "on a non-official capacity" is questionable in time of war.

Just as Anakin "had a job to do" - guarding Padme - and neglected it to go to Tatooine - Obi-Wan "had a job to do" - lead forces, as a General - and was neglecting it to go off on his own concerns - he may not be defying the Council, but neither is he acting according to their wishes.

2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No, he was at the Temple at the time, not in the middle of a military campaign. Comparing this with Anakin's actions is a false equivalence. Unlike Anakin, Obi-Wan didn't discard any current mission or obligation to go to Mandalore.

Not to mention that Jedi are not (and never were) limited to military activities during the war. And I'm not sure what your basis is by saying he's not acting according to their wishes. How do you know their wishes? Well, from the conversation they had, it's obvious that they wished to send military aid, but as they've explained in that very scene, their hands are tied since they would need the senate's approval to do so (after all, the army belongs to the Republic). Nothing was discussed about sending a Jedi, despite a single Jedi not being the purpose of Satine's distress call. The problem was much larger.

DBPirate, J7Luke and cwustudent like this.
  3. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    This was amazing to me, the whole series, only thing that got me down, was that we never saw Republic Commandos have one off episodes.. They were extremely active in the clone wars and did what most battalions could not.

Vinylshadow likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    St least they appeared in 6 episodes in some form or another.

Mandalorian Riddler likes this.
  5. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018
    I always felt they could've done some of the missions 212th/501st were sent on, for example Delta would've done a much tidy job on securing Tarkin and peal on the citadel.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Ahhh Tarkin
    [​IMG]

Mandalorian Riddler likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I might not like Ahsoka much, but her eye rolls are legendary.

8. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018
    Ahsoka somehow seeing Tarkin again would be an interesting exchange.

DBPirate, J7Luke and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The Citadel arc was a classic one in that you can see how Anakin doesn't really mind Tarkin's attitude all that much; even so much as agreeing with him in spite of Ahsoka's mistrust from the beginning.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.
    [​IMG]

10. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018
    RC doing the citadel ARC would've been cool.. Maybe interaction between Delta and Omega.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I don’t think it will happen since we are so close to ANH.

12. FarEasterling

FarEasterling Jedi Master star 1

Aug 18, 2011
    Anybody knows how much box office is for The Clone Wars 2008-0215 series? Not only the 2008 theatrical, but all seasons?
    What makes people buried in pictures from movie sets consider anuimation series as toys selling promo? Figures are not that impressive?

13. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    There's no "box office" for the series as people don't pay in the same way to see it as they do with a theatrical movie.
    Is it the sales numbers of merchandise you are interested in, or the viewership ratings?

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  14. FarEasterling

FarEasterling Jedi Master star 1

Aug 18, 2011
    I guess I'm interested in money the series earned, to throw huge figures in the face of those lacking faith in animation series.

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Does it really make a difference; in the grand scheme of things? As someone suggested in another thread and post, none of the animated series, even when taking combined episodes, could compare to the viewership of a theatrical film. But that being said, it's also hard to argue against the notion that the animated series, starting with TCW of course, supported the growth of the franchise with a new generation of fans. Think of it this way: Revenge of the Sith was out in theaters in 2005, right? That's a full decade before the next SW film (and through most of that decade there was not even a hint that there'd be another one). The animated series have kept the franchise fresh, and even young people can "grow old" with the characters they've become familiar with through the decade.

16. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    So they were originally intended to be Cut's kids. How could that work? :confused:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  17. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Pretty much what I expected the whole time.

The kids were supposed to be human/Twi'lek hybrids originally because George didn't give a poodoo, then they were changed to just adopted because Filoni & crew realised it doesn't fit timeline wise, and finally Pablo Hidalgo just made up some crap for twitter based on how he just felt in that moment.

Can we just all agree that they are full blooded Twi'leks? We have our canon human/Twi'lek hybrid now and he looks nothing like them.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean in canon that's not how it is.

19. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Not sure what you mean, but the only "official" confirmation we have that they are supposed to be hybrids is from a twitter post by Pablo. And personally I ignore those. Unless it is in an officially published piece of media from Lucasfilm, they're full blooded Twi'leks. At least to me :)

20. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It's been a very long time since I've been on the boards... Not sure if anyone remembers me...

But I recently started to rewatch The Clone Wars again. I haven't seen it for years, probably the last time I saw it was back in 2014 maybe or whenever the Lost Missions came out and I cannot remember when that was. I'm enjoying rewatching it and I just wish we could have got the rest of the series fully animated. Maybe one day? It says a lot that the show is still talked about...

I've been out of SW fandom (the new sequel trilogy hasn't gauged my interest at all) so I have no idea if there has been any potential updates on TCW ever finishing or getting more arcs released...

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I was saying how in Canon, they are definitely not full Twi'lek. However, your headcanon is fine.

22. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I would say if you seek the ending to TCW, look no further than Rebels. Filoni ties up many things from TCW in Rebels. I am of the opinion that TCW was the superior show mainly because I prefer the Clone Wars/PT timeline more than the Rebellion/OT timeline. I don't know anything about the Disney movies/timeline. Revenge of the Sith is the last movie I have seen. I think it would be really nice if TCW & Rebels were released as one Blu Ray set. I'm not sure how many episodes that would be, but I'd make the purchase.

cwustudent likes this.
  23. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Filoni is apparently planing something for the 10th anniversary of TCW according to Pablo Hidalgo. *crosses fingers*

24. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    that's exciting. I expect something related to TCW, not future animation.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    We have until August 10th then.

MandaloreRex2015 and cwustudent like this.