main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 4.14 - A Fool's Hope - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Mar 3, 2018.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 4.14!!
    A Fool's Hope
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney XD.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Rebels episodes air on Monday at 8:30 pm ET on Disney XD. Anyone who catches an episode streaming before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews will go in a separate thread for each episode.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    Well... kids are gonna be happy. Lots of fighting but overall without big wow. It was a set up episode and
    Kallus is back on screen so at least something[/spoilers]

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    It was a good second-to-last episode. Nice to see Hondo again (so I guess he supposedly survives into the OT era at least). I'm glad Wolfe and Gregor returned. Obviously they had to tie up those "loose" ends. I liked the wolfpack reference too. Classic!

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  4. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Darth Dnej likes this.
  5. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    did Jail Kell die because he's only in one scene and then he doesn't show up for the rest of the episode.

silvereyed likes this.
  6. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    he's not among the Rebels rounded up when Pryce arrived so either he's with another captured group or he bit the dust. I thought it was him who got blown off one of the turrets, but that was an alien.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  7. AV-6R7

AV-6R7 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2014
    Really, Jai's fate is my biggest question coming out of the series. I'm dead serious.

8. silvereyed

silvereyed Jedi Knight

Sep 6, 2016
    I thought I was the only one! Did they not have the budget to animate the extra character in those finale scenes or did they just forget about him?

9. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Lot of actions in that episode.

+ That shot of Ezra igniting his lightsaber with the wolves behind him is just awesome.
    + The wolves attacking the imperials was hilarious.
    + I'm so glad it didn't turn into another "imperial goes rebels" story. Pryce is still an imperial at heart. Thank God.
    + I love you Hondo. Never change.
    + All the people Ezra met in his journey are back for the grand finale. A classic but very effective.
    + Rukh lasted longer than I thought, point for that.
    -/+ Ok, the mission is not part of the Rebel Alliance thing so Scarif is still technically the "first" victory of the Rebel Alliance but does this mean they don't know Ezra was successful?
    -/+ I didn't buy Ryder betraying them for a second, it didn't help that Ezra was pretty much telling us what was his plan just before he contacted Pryce. Still have to work on the suspense side of things.
    -/+ Action was kinda hard to follow at times but overall it was ok.

8/10

JH24 likes this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I actually missed this episode yesterday.

11. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
    Good episode for prepare for the finale.

12. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    Ugh, now I’m genuinely upset this didn’t happen.

13. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    My favorite part of the episode was the rag tag rebels that came together for a common cause. It reminded me of the characters throughout RO - I wish ANH were more similar, we need more aliens and females in those cockpits .

14. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    For an episode that was all about setting the stage for the final assault, I liked it even if it probably didn’t do much for me personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    One thing I noticed from this episode: I think this was the first time in this series a Jedi cut through a storm trooper instead of just knocking them out. Ezra slices through at least two in the battle as far as I can tell. That's something I wanted to see since literally episode one of season one. I suppose it was easier to slip through the censors with everything else going on.

silvereyed likes this.
  16. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    damn that would've been cool to have seen.

17. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    This episode actually made me feel really bad for the stormtroopers. Many of them are just conscripts or young recruits from poor planets who joined the Empire because it was the only chance they had for better life.

Instead they will end up eaten by wolfs, cut down by a lightsaber or blown to pieces.

revan772 and Swashbucklingjedi like this.
  18. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Maybe one day they'll produce a story in some venue that really humanizes the average stormtrooper; the way TCW initially did for the Clones.

SensationalSean and MrDarth0 like this.
  19. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Stormtroopers in this show were so bad it really felt Rebels were overly cruel to them from time to time. But at least they didn't always kill all of them.

Alpha-Red likes this.
  20. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    My thoughts on this episode are that I guess Giant Wolves are hard to shoot [face_dunno]

21. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016
    Right?! Where is he? I demand closure.

There was a lot to like about this one, from the Ryder gambit, to Hera and Kallus' mutual eye-rolling disgust at Hondo's terrible plan, to Zeb pulling the old throw-the-empty-gun-at-the-enemy trick.

AV-6R7 likes this.
  22. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    i loved that wolves used the stormtroopers like chew toys. that's pretty dark for a disney star wars show.

23. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Yeah this was bit weird they didn't even hit them but then is seems that injured animals are not ok in kid's show but killed people are.... I guess

fett 4 likes this.
  24. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    I would love this, but there wasn't really a chance for it happen in Rebels because of the intense focus on the Ghost crew!

Anyway, here's my highly detailed recap of this episode for the New York Daily News.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Overall, I thought the episode acted as good set up. I am really glad Ryder did not turn on them for real.