main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit From Endor to Exegol - The State of the Galaxy Discussion Thread (Tagged Victory's Price Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Sep 6, 2015.

1. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    They had Prince Evillo! PRINCE. EVILLO.

Also, the whole “Lois Lane is dead, no consequences!” gag is the best.

2. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Let's stay on topic, gents. ;)

--Adm. Nick

vncredleader likes this.
  3. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Thank God. I haven't cared enough to talk about DC or Batman comics since Grant Morrison's ****** run. Let's talk about Marvel Star Wars guys.

In other news, we are getting closer to an announcement for the new Star Wars animated series. Fingers crossed for a reveal tonight post-finale. I'm betting no matter what we are going to get a post-ROTJ show, but whether that's immediately after ROTJ or at the point in time of the sequel trilogy is a whole other ball game.

Regardless, I truly think this thread is going to be the happening place in the next couple of weeks outside of the announcement thread for some great post-ROTJ speculation/discussion.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    @AdmiralNick22? What is going to beour policy for TLJ novel spoilers in here? Not yet, of course, but for the end of the week etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    This thread had no spoiler tags for TLJ the movie within a couple days after release, if not immediately. If there is a period, it should be a short one, I think.

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I think it could be argued a shorter span of spoiler tags, given the basic moves of TLJ won't change, benefits the novelisation - which does need all the support it can get.

I've really enjoyed a lot of Jason's work but I think it's fair to say the film has double-cut, both benefitting and working against him, but to what degree in either direction I really can't say.

7. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I'm really hoping for STAR WARS: RESISTANCE.

I admit, though, TLJ killed a huge amount of my interest for future STAR WARS projects. Basically, if you kill Superman and Batman, don't expect me to care about the DCU.

Voltron64 and Jedi Ben like this.
  8. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    But Obi-Wan died in '77 and Anakin died in '83.

9. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    ALL- we'll be observing a one week requirement for spoiler tags for all new information in The Last Jedi novelization. Please use tags during this period as a courtesy to other posters, I'll be amending the thread title shortly. [face_peace]

--Adm. Nick

10. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Topic?......oh yeah Star Wars.:p

11. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    In terms of pure speculation, I'm dubious that the TLJ novelization is going to add anything concrete.

The only time that happened was ROTS and Matthew Stover got ridiculous freedom there.

(Frankly, George should have hired him as co-author for the script)

Ackbar's Fishsticks likes this.
  12. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Now that was a good movie novelization and if you add LOE to it what a one too punch. In fact, the movie, movie novelization, LOE, and volume 2 of the Micro Clone Wars series were super fantastic. That combination was raw.

13. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    STATE OF THE GALAXY UPDATE!

Some tidbits from Jason Fry's exceptional novelization!

• The New Republic is not entirely gone... but definitely on the ropes.
    • Following the loss of the Home Fleet, the remaining NRDF task forces are dissolved and added to member world defense fleets.
    • There are "surviving senators" who are concentrating on defending their home systems.
    • We learn that Leia's plan post-D'Qar evacuation was to establish a new base, rally the remaining NRDF task forces, senators, and PSF's, and assemble a new Rebellion to fight back against the First Order.
    Also- Ackbar fan's won't be disappointed in a scene he gets. We get to see his inner monologue during the opening of the Battle of D'Qar and see his assessment of General Hux's skills. ;)

More to come!

--Adm. Nick

14. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    So yay everything went about the way I was hoping. Glad NRDF build up is occurring on specific member worlds.It seems like they have the makings of a full fleet, but they are not just heading on the run and making a flotilla. I was worried the Republic would start operating on hit and run tactics, but given what you said i get the sense that they will actually hold several worlds. Which means a war machine can be developed, and a full military can be built and recruited for. i would love to see them trying to put together ground forces. Like developing tanks and whatnot, as fast as they can.

By dissolved do you mean were reassigned to fall back to scattered worlds, or actually split up into much smaller pieces? Like say there is a task force of two bunker busters and a Nebulon C, with a wing and a half; do you think they are split into separate parts, or that they just left their patrol sector and are now under the closest senator's control.

Just super glad the Republic seems to be holding onto some of their worlds

15. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    The surviving task forces are divvied up among the remaining New Republic worlds, bolstering each world's PSF. Unfortunately, this means that the New Republic is not coordinating it's efforts on a federal level, which makes them weak. This is why Leia want's to rally all of the remaining NRDF units, senators, and member worlds, so that she can help lead a unified opposition.

Oh, one more spoiler that folks will love:

Snap, Jess Pava, and other Resistance pilots were dispatched from D'Qar pre-evacuation in an effort to contact surviving New Republic military commanders and leaders. This book does a great job showing how much effort Leia is putting into protecting the New Republic, even though it ignored her warnings.

--Adm. Nick

16. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Oh thank god. Jess is my new favorite character, so if she died off screen I would be so mad

cerealbox likes this.
  17. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I'm hoping the ninth movie time skips past the point when the NR is finally, irrevocably, properly defeated.

AusStig and Ackbar's Fishsticks like this.
  18. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    Oh thank god

19. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Wow Chuck, such a surprise to hear you say that. [face_laugh]

Here's the thing- as long as people like the Resistance are fighting to protect/restore it, the New Republic can never be "irrevocably" defeated. So long as people in the GFFA value freedom, equality, democratic rule, and liberty, the Republic is invincible. Like a starbird rising from the ashes, it can always be reborn. [face_peace];)

[​IMG]

--Adm. Nick

20. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    The New Republic was a failed flawed government and the only hope for the galaxy is and always has been the Resistance. Not the New Rebellion, JUST THE RESISTANCE.

Voltron64 likes this.
  21. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    A Resistance formed to protect a Republic worth fighting for, Chuck. ;) Lord only knows why you constantly claim otherwise, I’m tired of reiterating the facts over and over.

—Adm. Nick

vncredleader likes this.
  22. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Yes, man were they wrong. :) But yes, every First Order soldier can beat 10 New Republic soldiers. They're stronger, smarter, and better looking.

A true Rebellion will come from their ranks!

:)

23. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Doubtful. You are kidding yourself.

24. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Honestly I do wonder how the Republic is going to deal with ground forces. I mean even if they pull together a decent navy, you cannot just automate ground forces unless you have a full scale droid army.

25. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    They've still got General Ematt

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    vncredleader likes this.