main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Neverx, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    Purgills? Seriously?:oops:for 60 minutes episodes there was like 15 minutes of good sruff.. rest was just fillers. A bit disappointed wit how it ended and how many loose ends there still are... oh well...
    Hopefully new show won't be rushed and they think things through,...

podjazd, Tassy, Vialco and 3 others like this.
  2. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    My first thought too, but it actually solved the situation pretty well and also gave some meaning to that fillerish episode with purgills. Other loose ends like clones on Seelos, Hondo, Vizago and Ketsu were also nicely added there. I don't think there was too many unsettled plot points left really. Still I admit that purgills was quite deus-ex-machina and sort of WTF-moment for me...

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  3. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Well, that may not be the case for Rukh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Are you being glib? There is so much thinking things through that happens with producing these episodes.

5. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I really enjoyed the final 30-60 minutes of the series. Overall I have not been a fan of Rebels. I watched it because it was Star Wars and while it did hit some very high points (Season 1 and 2 finales), I thought it was largely mediocre, or at worst boring.

Seeing Palpatine in the previews drew my interest as he is my favorite character. But I did find these later episodes entertaining. The finale succeeded in generating interest in seeing the further adventures or these characters. Though given that TLJ kind of stresses another near extinction of the Jedi with only Rey left, I’m wondering how Ahsoka and Ezra would ever fit into that or if they will continue their adventures far away from Luke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jedi Knight Fett and Vialco like this.
  6. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I need a deleted scene: Hera telling Cham that he'll be a grandfather.
    Grampa Cham. Champa. :p

7. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I'm not so sure :D- besides he is noghri- we don't know what they can take in new canon :p

8. Sigismund

Sigismund Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 16, 2018
    "and where is the father? not around I see, typical hu-man!"

AV-6R7, MandaloreRex2015 and Merric like this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think he might figure it out himself.

10. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    My first thoughts were the final 2 episodes were pretty good, but after letting the events set in, I had some questions raised like where was Ahsoka during the whole OT time frame? Why didn't they look for Ezra sooner if Jedi skills would have been so advantageous in taking down the emperor and his empire? All in all I would give a solid 7/10 and did like how it sets up what to me seems to the obvious next TV series.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s possible that she was stuck on Malacore until after ROTJ.

12. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Yeah that is possible, but I am having a hard time believing that is the case. My gut feeling tells me she did leave Malachor shortly after she returned there. Now as to where she went? That is the big mystery.

I'm starting to believe that we only saw a glimpse of things in the WBW episode. I believe both Ezra and Ahsoka saw more than that. Mart even implied that Ezra more or less knew what Thrawn was going to do at Lothal. And I think the recording Ezra left confirms that he was faced with numerous choices, but the one he chose although not a fan of, was the right one. I suspect Ahsoka was faced with the very same thing.

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    That seems very possible- it didn't look like number one vacation spot in the galaxy and not even jedi cannot do much without spaceship- sure there is some way to survive on Malanchor for few years since it was inhabited world once, probably there is something to eat and drink even after the cataclysm caused by the superweapon, but she might have been stuck there for a long time. She also didn't want to be found by the Empire of course.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  14. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Why would she be stuck? There were two TIE Advanced starfighters left on Malachor after the explosion. Ahsoka could have done exactly what Maul did and leave the planet using one of them.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

kalzeth and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  15. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Was there? Ok then it works but honestly cannot remember so well. Vader may have destroyed other fighters just in case though.

16. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    That is what I was just about to postulate....how many TIEs were left by dead Inquisitors.

17. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Did the Sister and Brother each fly to Malachor in their own TIE's? If so that would make 3 of them, Maul took one so there should have been 2 left.

18. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    Even if the TIE fighters were destroyed I hope they come up with something better than she was marooned. That's just my opinion though.

revan772 likes this.
  19. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Why would he? According to Filoni, Vader thinks he killed Ahsoka. There's no reason for Ahsoka to remain on Malachor.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

20. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    I just want an announcement of what is next!

revan772 and podjazd like this.
  21. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    We know what's next. Becca is the next bachelorette!

22. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/that-fan-favorite-eu-character-name-dropped-on-star-war-1823592926

Hardcore Star Wars fans probably did a double take this week when a certain name from the Expanded Universe was mentioned during the Rebels finale. It was just a brief moment, cut off before it went on too long, and maybe some assumed that was it. No, executive producer Dave Filoni told us. That’s not it.

During the finale of Star Wars Rebels, right before Grand Admiral Thrawn realizes his blockade has been destroyed by a bunch of space whales, he calls for “Captain Pellaeon.” Captain Gilad Pellaeon was Thrawn’s right-hand man in Timothy Zahn’s Thrawn trilogy of books, which have since been labeled as “Legends.” He’s a fan favorite Imperial who rocks a magnificent mustache and a long flowing cape—and went on in books to even outlive Thrawn, becoming a Grand Admiral and eventually a key leader in what remained of the Empire after the Battle of Endor. He helped form the Imperial Remnant, eventually signing the treaty that brought peace between the Remnant and the New Republic. But, until Monday, he wasn’t a part of the new canon.

“Sir, they came out of hyperspace,” Pellaeon says to Thrawn in Rebels’ finale. “I’ve never seen....” He’s cut off. Is he dead? No, Filoni exclusively told io9.

Even though his radio transmission gets cut off there, I’m not trying to say that Pellaeon would be dead,” Filoni said. “I don’t think that’s it for him. I would like to see other stories with the guy.”

For Filoni, bringing in characters like Pellaeon is one of the joys of his job.

I just wanted to mention the name so it gets in there, so it’s something people can use,” he said. “And sometimes that’s what I can do for things that come out of Legends. I could create just another Captain with some name there or I could put someone like Pellaeon in play. And then maybe he gets picked up in comics or novels, I don’t know. But I think that would be kind of fun to do, and it’s a way to get that idea rolling.”

Will that be in Filoni’s next series? Something else? We’ll have to wait and see. But chalk up another victory for fans of the Star Wars Expanded Universe.

We’ll have more from Filoni post-Rebels finale in the coming days.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The most casual name drop ever.

revan772 and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  24. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/star-wars-rebels-producer-dave-filoni-is-totally-fine-w-1823593680
    Star Wars Rebels came to an end this week, tying up the story of the Ghost crew while also giving us a glimpse at their futures. One moment in particular had Rebels fans playing matchmaker for two members of the team—and while executive producer Dave Filoni wouldn’t give us a concrete answer about them, he was happy that it was being interpreted as such.

Over the course of Rebels’ four seasons, Zeb Orrelios and former Imperial Agent Kallus’ relationship together has evolved from mortal enemies—both men believed that Kallus was complicit in the genocide of Zeb’s people, the Lasat—to begrudgingly accepting foes, and eventually to close friends, as Kallus grew increasingly dismayed with the cruelty of the Empire and jumped ship to the Rebel Alliance. Their friendship became one as important to the show as Ezra and Sabine’s, or Kanan and Hera’s, which naturally meant that fans have been shipping the hell out of them for a while at this point.

But “Family Reunion—and Farewell,” the final episode of the series, concluded with something that left it very open to the implication that Zeb and Kallus’ relationship had evolved into something more romantic by the time of the post-Return of the Jedi-era the epilogue was set in.

In a brief moment, Sabine tells the audience about how Zeb took Kallus to Lira San, the secret hidden homeworld of the Lasat Zeb first discovered back in the season two episode “Legends of the Lasat.” Zeb gently covers Kallus’ eyes with his hand before revealing the planet, before putting his arm around Kallus and introducing him to some of the surviving Lasat. Sabine even tells us that Kallus is now free to be among the Lasat, as if he was one of them.

There’s nothing explicit about the two being a couple, but given the tenderness of the whole thing—you don’t just invite a best bro to your secret homeworld and reveal he wasn’t party to genocide, if you know what I’m saying—it’s definitely had some fans wondering if, in a subtle way, Rebels had given Star Wars its first on-screen LGBTQ couple.

io9 had the chance to speak to executive producer Dave Filoni in the wake of Rebels’ end, so we asked him about Zeb and Kallus’ relationship over the course of the series, and if there’s anything to the interpretation of their final scene together as a romantic one:

So don’t go screaming from the rooftops just yet that Star Wars has finally started introducing some LGBTQ characters to the galaxy far, far away beyond the tie-in books—it, like so many other blockbuster franchises, has a long way to go in this regard. But be it bromance or romance, it’s nice to hear from Filoni, who steered Rebels from its earliest days to its final end this week, that he’s willing to leave that interpretation to fans rather than strictly deny it—and champion the intimacy and compassion between the two men, instead of having them forever remain bitter foes.

Who knows, maybe we could revisit Zeb and Kallus on Lira San in Star Wars’ future? Time will tell—Rebels final episode did leave us with quite a few questions we want following up on, after all.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I would very much hope for them to confirm them being together.