main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episodes 4.15/4.16: Family Reunion - and Farewell (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Mar 6, 2018.

Tags:
?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Mar 20, 2018.
  1. 10

55.9%
  2. 9

19.1%
  3. 8

8.8%
  4. 7

11.8%
  5. 6

1.5%
  6. 5

2.9%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [​IMG]
    Have you watched "Family Reunion - and Farewell" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know.

Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!

Note: This poll will close two weeks from now.​

2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    10/10
    Not a perfect finale, but close, and most importantly - it was emotionally satisfying.

DarthAnakin96 and JH24 like this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Now that I have had time to digest the final I really like it especially the ending with Ezra and Thrawn.

10/10

I’ll miss the show, but it is exciting to look ahead.

cwustudent, Grievousdude and JH24 like this.
  4. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    10/10

It wasn't perfect, but the most important scenes were heavy-hitters and really made an emotional impact on me. This finale gave me a sense of closure and peace.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    10/10
    The last season, IMO, was undoubtedly the best. The characters, especially Hera, really grew on me. And I really appreciated the chemistry that she had with not only Kanan, but their "kids" who were part of the Ghost Crew. The ending was most certainly satisfying; it didn't have the emotional effect that I got in what I would consider the real ending of TCW (The Wrong Jedi), but it will still have an everlasting effect nonetheless. The painting shown in Sabine's epilogue could really tug at your heart strings. Rebels was about the The Ghost Crew, and it did a fine job in building the characters' backgrounds from essentially scratch. Well done Dave and co.

Ridley Solo, Grievousdude and JH24 like this.
  6. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    10/10

Wasn't the biggest most explosive finale but as a series finale it hit the emotional beats just right with focus on the characters. And the epilogue was just the icing on the cake both finalizing things and setting up a few questions of what might happen after. Definitely will miss the show and I don't think its hit me yet that its over.

7. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    7/10. Pretty good but allowing 2 more pseudo-Jedi to still be at large during the OT is ridiculous. Filoni stumbled a bit at the last hurdle. He should've followed the lead of Rogue One far more. A clearer victory to the Empire while the lead characters sacrifice themselves to offer a glimmer of hope could've enhanced the significance of ANH & the OT. Instead he made saving his pet characters his priority.

8. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    (+)Some good emotional moments and so many awesome nods to previous episodes (one last ventilation shaft)
    (+)The Jedi being around in the OT time was handled better than I expected. They still need to establish Ahsoka's whereabouts and sequester her properly before I can give my wholehearted endorsement in this regard but overall I'm ok with it. (I can't buy Ahsoka bailing on the Rebellion or not being a major figure for Luke in the OT so they need to have some failed attempt to find her on Malachor (by Luke perhaps?) to explain why this major figure is never considered an ally to help fight Vader. Make her disappear in some spirit dimension for a while like whatever that river thing with the owl was)
    (+)Like that the Purgill episode had a payoff
    (+) Thrawn alive. Rebels keeps one of its interesting villains alive for once (if you can count Thrawn as "its" villains as opposed to the EU's)

(-) Creepy leprechaun baby.
    (-) Lothal never getting bothered by the Empire again

8/10

9. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Giving it a 10 for being a very satisfying series finale.

Atollon_Dweller and JH24 like this.
  10. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    15/10, thanks Ahsoka. Was a 10 until you appeared.

Atollon_Dweller, Grey Matter and JH24 like this.
  11. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I think the implication is that Scarif happens shortly after this and then the Empire becomes distracted with the Rebel Alliance.

Plus with the TIE Defender program being shut down and the Jedi temple gone, Lothal is no longer strategically important to the Empire; it only has mining resources to offer.

JH24 likes this.
  12. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    10/10

Disney have done a fantastic job with Rebels. Prior to the takeover, all we had was six movies and TCW. Nothing else. It was left to our imagination to wonder what happened after the vast, in-depth PT era - yeah, we had the OT era but it was pretty empty.

JH24 likes this.
  13. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015
    10/10
    I cried after the epilogue

14. Keldon

Keldon Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2018
    No spamming

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2018
  15. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    10/10. The episode was a joy to watch and the epilogue was brilliant.

Atollon_Dweller likes this.
  16. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Who do you think keeps giving Dave work?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2018
  17. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    5/10 Well designed and produced fanfic but still fanfic none the less

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  18. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    If it's an official product, can you call it fanfiction?

MandoArtist likes this.
  19. A Lovable Jerk

A Lovable Jerk Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015
    I only rank it a 9 instead of a 10 due to a few issues I had with it. I felt Melch's fake out death was kinda dumb, I wondered where Jai Kell and the other members of the Lothol resistance went, I wished more characters like Kitwar and the other Wookiees, Zare, AP5, Gooti, Johner, etc... had showed up to help in the big final battle, but other than that I loved, loved, loved this finale.

silvereyed likes this.
  20. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    10/10 - Loved it, sets up the future hopefully for TV series. Got so emotional when Ahsoka appeared... such a decent journey for her.. Bring on the Luke/Ahsoka meeting

Ahsoka's Tano and Grievousdude like this.
  21. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    10...that epilogue.

22. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    10/10

+ Ezra with his family picture again (and Hera briefly touching her abdomen as she's listening)
    + The nonverbal moment between and Ezra and Sabine, and Chopper opening the vent, was the first thing that choked me up. I love what Filoni said about the relationship not being romantic. Also, the moment reminded me of Sabine considering the darksaber when she first picked it up.
    + Ian McDiarmid is "a great gift" yet again. I love him playing both guises, and how the hologram ends up flashing between them.
    + Visual nod to TLJ when Ezra's held in midair
    + The action and intercutting felt a little like R1, but I also like that the outcome is tonally different.
    + Return of the purgill and Ezra's exit (voluntarily leaving aboard a Star Destroyer, whereas in Spark of Rebellion he was left captive on one)
    + Sabine setting off the big explosion once more
    + The epilogue
    + The credits are another surreal fan moment, like those in A World Between Worlds and the ending of Twin Suns: the music, the main cast, and of course the Chopper reveal

So many thanks to the whole cast and crew. I've been watching Rebels for just the past two years, but have loved all the time spent with these characters and seeing their growth. Hope to see them again!

23. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    See, that didn't bother me that much. What bothered me and the reason I don't give this a perfect score is because Rebels stepped on Luke's storyline once again and in a much bigger way when they had Ezra personally defy Palpatine. It DOES take something away from Luke doing the same thing in ROTJ and I'm disappointed with Dave on this one. It hurts Palpatine's character too.

That being said, I still give this finale a 9/10. It hit the landing and was a wonderful good-bye to this series. Thank you to the cast and the crew for putting of this together so well.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    Ridley Solo and Darth Downunder like this.
  24. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    My take on that is SW doesn't have to revolve around Luke. Just because Ezra "defied" Palpatine by not taking the bait that he can reunite with his parents has far more to do with Ezra's maturity than it does with well only Luke is the one who cannot be brainwashed by the Emperor. It was a very emotional scene, and I'm glad it was included. Ezra's journey began because he sought to find out the truth about his parents. It's appropriate that it reached the climax by that scene, where he meets his most powerful adversary, that they play a role in it.

25. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Yes I can. When you put any old nonsense on screen, that has no consistency with what came before or after, its fan fic even if it’s classed as an “official product” besides that official product name will be changed in a few years to the next show they want to do for that era. It’s been done before and will be again with other shows (see the The Clone Wars Gendy Cartoon as one example)