main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will Episodes X-XII and or the further adventures of Rey etc. be announced at Celebration in 2019?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by MillenniumFalcon2015, Mar 5, 2018.

?

Should Episodes X-XII or further adventures of Rey and co. for 2027+ be announced at Celebration?

Poll closed May 24, 2018.
  1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    26.6%
  2. No

49 vote(s)
    76.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    As much as I would like to see RJ's upcoming trilogy or David Benoiff and D.B. Weiss' upcoming SW films. I still hold out hope for and SW Episodes X-XII or further adventures of Rey,Finn and Poe and even Rose and BB-8 many years after Episode IX in either more SW episodes or standalones and would new episodes of Rey and co. come out in 2027(the 50th and golden anniversary of SW or 2029 ten years after Episode IX comes out? Will they be announced at Celebration Anaheim in 2019 or D23 this year? GL announced the prequels were coming nine years before TPM came out?

Mostly Handless likes this.
  2. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    I think there should be an announcement for Episodes X-XII next year since the ST is ending next year and why not announce a fourth trilogy of episodes with Rey and co. at Celebration or D23 and also Kathleen Kennedy said that we will find out if the Skywalker episodes will continue or not sometime this year whether Kylo Ren is dead by Episode IX or not. 10-12 could be about the legacy of the Skywalkers with Rey and her having kids with Kylo/Ben Solo.

3. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I want the Old Republic movies and tv shows announced at the celebration 2019

4. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    They will leave it for a bit.
    For one, Daisy has expressed that she feels like three movies is enough for her.

At the very least, she will want a break.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    Deerborne and Mostly Handless like this.
  5. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    They won’t announce EPX until after IV has finished its BO run.

6. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    ANH is coming back to the cinema?

7. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Yes. a third time.

8. IlhamKamaruddin

IlhamKamaruddin Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2017
    I don't think it should be called Episodes X-XII but it's the start of a new saga with our current leads, Rey, Finn, and co.

9. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    With what has already been announced, there is very little chance for Episodes X-XII to come anytime soon. And as mentioned above, Daisy Ridley already said that three are enough. Maybe she would change her mind in the future, but for now this will be it.

Also, the prequels weren't announced nine years in advance. It was Jurassic Park which gave Lucas the impression that the technology had advanced enough to make further SW movies, and that movie came out in 1993. The announcement of the prequels followed later that year, so it was a bit less than six years before TPM came out. Not that a future announcement would follow that time-line. Back then Lucas merely announced that he would work on them in the future, not that he already had started work, and the Special Edition would always come before that as well. Circumstances are obviously quite a bit different now.

Deerborne, Mostly Handless and J7Luke like this.
  10. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Ep X-XII are on hold apparently, but it may be they want to let the grass grow a bit and return to see what Rey and co are up to in 10 years time.

Bowen, Mostly Handless and J7Luke like this.
  11. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I don't think so. They have a lot on their plate between Johnson's non-Saga trilogy and Benioff/Weiss' non-Saga series, even more if they do move forward with Kenobi and/or Boba Fett films, or any other "A Star Wars Story" standalone spin-offs. There's not a lot of room in the agenda for Episodes X-XII any time soon, maybe ever depending on how the two separate trilogies/series currently in development are received, and I feel like Lucasfilm wants to move forward from the Skywalker story in general.

If we get anything regarding post-IX films at Celebration 2019, it's going to be confirmation regarding what Johnson's trilogy and/or the Benioff/Weiss series is about, maybe both depending on what the release dates are.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, agreed with all of this. I'd also add that I personally don't want them to make episode X and up, either, at any point. The Skywalker Saga ending at IX is perfect... trilogy of trilogies and all that. Move on to other things, using either Anthology or RJ Trilogy or Benioff/Weiss series as the vehicles.

13. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    No. With RJ's trilogy and the films from David Benoiff and D.B. Weiss the earliest I think we could expect Episodes X-XII would be 2025 which is too far off. Plus, I think the post-ST era would be better explored through other media.

14. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    I see no reason why Episodes X-XII can't still happen and come out in 2027 or 2029 or be announced at Celebration in 2019 or D23 this summer. And also Daisy Ridley was misquoted as saying she would never play Rey again. She would love to play Rey in a fourth trilogy/Episodes X-XII. The earliest we could see Episode X as I said earlier would be 2027 the 50th anniversary of SW or 2029 10 years after Episode IX. And don't forget KK has said that there will be further adventures of Rey,Finn,Poe and BB-8 set after Episode IX. So Episodes X-XII or if they are going to be called that they will be a major announcement SW project for the late 2020's at Celebration or D23.

15. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I am sure they will use this new Celebration to push IX and the two new trilogies (Rian's and GoT guys's).

I don't see a post-ST trilogy so far.

16. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    It would be weird to make Episode 10 , 11, and 12 without skywalker descendants. I agree and that shoukd be lose anthologies.

17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    The numbered episodes are the Skywalker Saga... the Anthology movies are not part of that anyway, so those or RJ Trilogy or GOT guys movies would not be “episode ___”.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Extremely doubtful. I don’t expect to get Episode X until at least 2029. That would be way to early to announce anything.

19. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Then give one good reason why they would announce these movies in 2019, because so far you haven't done that.

They already have a whole bunch of movies coming up, they also will heavily focus on IX at Celebration and thus have little room for anything beyond that. They also have never announced a movie eight to ten years in advance, especially not the start of a trilogy. Not to mention that it makes zero sense to announce such a trilogy now. It would go against any basic logic of building up hype. Even with other SW-movies around, if they would announce in the mid to late 2020s that Rey, Finn and Poe will return, that would create quite a lot of hype, because at time there won't have been anything about these characters for years. But if you announce it now, people already know about it ten years in advance, and there is no build up of hype. An announcement of characters that you thought you might never see again returning in the very near future creates a whole lot more hype than announcing the same thing when people still have these characters around right now, and the movies would be so far in the future that it just gets lost over the years.

It's not impossible that further stories of Rey, Finn and Poe would return in the late 20s or early 30s, but that's not something they would announce for at least another seven to ten years depending on which exact date it would be.

20. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    Doesn't anyone want to see more movies with Rey,Finn and Poe set after Episode IX or Episodes X-XII come out around 2027 or 2029? I want there to be Episodes X-XII because I want to see Rey lead a new Jedi Order or even perhaps have children with either Poe,Finn or even Kylo Ren if he survives Episode IX or how about have Rey and co. have adventures in the Unknown Regions unless that doesn't happen in RJ's trilogy.

21. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    They could still announce on the screen at Celebration Anaheim along with the release dates of RJ's trilogy and David Benoiff and D.B. Weiss's films the release dates of Episodes X-XII Christmas 2027 Christmas 2029 and 2031 or Christmas 2029 Christmas 2031 and Christmas 2033 for 10-12.

22. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    There are at least ten other films to anticipate/worry/argue about first.

- Episode IX
    - RJ Trilogy
    - GOT writers series (at least four films)
    - possibly Kenobi
    - possibly Fett

23. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Have they said anything like this?
    All I have heard is that it is "a movie-series". That can mean anything from two movies to an endless amount of them. Just because they clarified that they didn't announce a trilogy, doesn't mean that it has to be at least four movies, it could just as well be two or actually end up as a trilogy anyway.

24. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Yeah, that's just my own speculation. The fact that it was announced as a series seemed to imply that it would be longer than a trilogy.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  25. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    KK did confirm there would be Post-Episode IX adventure films with Rey and co. eventually in the future. So 2029 is when the first of the films will come out possibly Episode X. Think about that. Also is it true there may be an announcement that there will be two SW films a year. So we could get both one standalone with any film of the RJ trilogy in one year as well a standalone with a Benoiff-Weiss film both in a year. So could we get Episode X,XI and/or XII with a standalone twice in a year like in 2027 or 2029 and beyond???? PERHAPS!!!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.