main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 4.15/4.16 - Family Reunion - and Farewell (SERIES FINALE!) - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Mar 3, 2018.

1. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016
    Yep. The 'Forces of Destiny' episode featuring Hera at Endor shows the Ghost.

2. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Regarding "is this the first victory" and does it contradict the ANH crawl..

It doesn't matter if it's a victory for the Rebel Alliance.

It doesn't matter if it's a victory for a bunch of other rebels.

The real question is...

IS IT A VICTORY FOR REBEL SPACESHIPS? :-D

3. Darth Blade

Darth Blade Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2014
    She was desperate for her life - like she said in the episode if Thrawn came back and those rebels weren't already killed with Ezra in custody, she'd be executed. Honestly, she may have been killed even if she WAS successful in killing/capturing the rebels, because of her destruction of the Tie Defender factories. So her desperation combined with her overconfidence is what made her try to do it herself.

4. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Striking from a hidden base no less

cwustudent and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  5. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    So much to take from it all, I doubt Dave would run 2 animated series but surely the main views would come from a series following up from that finale.

6. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Do space whales striking from hidden places in the unknown regions qualify as Rebel spaceships?

revan772 and V-2 like this.
  7. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    This is a rebellion. They rebelled.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  8. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    What?

9. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Rebel Space Whales, striking from hyperspace, have won their first victory against the evil GALACTIC EMPIRE.

10. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Ha, I edited my post for clarification.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Given what we know now about multiple rebel cells throughout the galaxy like the Partisans the line is clearly referring to Mon Mothma's cell on Yavin. Scarif was their first victory. Nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't mean it was the first victory of the Galactic Civil War and no where in the crawl does it say that.

12. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    One thing that did trouble me slightly was Ezra, barely approaching 20, basically slaughtering thousands of Imperials in the exploding dome--sure, you could say it was a similar thing with Luke, but there it was the Death Star or his new allies on Yavin, whereas here a whole garrison of personnel was tricked into their deaths. That's not to say that the characters can't pursue pragmatic means of victory, but one thing that I would've liked would be something like Pryce mocking the rebels for 'murdering countless people'--of which of course they could point out the hypocrisy with all the Empire has done on Lothal. Even Clone wars touched on the ambiguity of war on occasion, and with Rebels moving to being more serious than the lighthearted romp it started out as, that would've been a good touch.

13. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    Pablo is still dancing around questions if Rex is the Bearded Rebel on Endor. He's just saying the episode only confirms he was on the planet.

revan772 and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  14. A Lovable Jerk

A Lovable Jerk Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015
    I'm sorry this took so long, but I was marathoning the whole series plus rereading the Kanan comics to prepare myself.

These final three episodes offered us exciting twists and turns, epic action sequences, fantastic character moments, on-the-edge of your seat thrills, and nearly everything I could hope for.

I have a few gripes; Melch's fake-out death and the inexplicable absence of Jai Kell and the other Lothol resistance members, and (this is just me) but I would have liked it if Kitwar and the other Wookiees, Zare, AP5, Gooti, Johner, had joined in as well, but that's just me.

Rebels isn't as good as The Clone Wars, but that doesn't stop it from being a fantastic, wonderful, fun, and thrilling show on its own right, with stories and characters that we've come to know and love. It leaves me wanting more, so much more from this universe after a certain recent film nearly killed my interest in it. I personally cannot wait to see where these characters will go and if we will ever see them again, and believe me, I want to see them and find out what happened; what became of Ezra and Thrawn, what Ahsoka was doing for six years, where will these beloved characters go... I already miss them.

Thank you Dave Filoni, and the entire Rebels crew, be you writers, animators, voice actors, or whatever. You've made a wonderful show truly worthy of the name Star Wars.

Sadly, this might be it for me. Until the next animated series, anyway. I'm very happy with how Rebels ended and I'm eagerly awaiting to see where they go next, but something... ruins this otherwise good ending:

The Sequel Trilogy.

So far that trilogy has been a beat for beat rehash that was just different enough so that people wouldn't notice or care, but still ruined the ending of the saga and showed us that the efforts of all our heroes were in vain and that the Empire just comes back and just renames itself for some reason with a walking, talking mystery box who is a weak facsimile of Palpatine as its leader.

Despite my issues with it, TFA showed promise, and then The Last Jedi happened. I know this might be a controversial opinion, but I despised that film. It's the first thing of Star Wars that I've ever seen that I openly disliked, hated even. Luke, a 40 year old pop culture icon, had his character destroyed and dragged through the mud and Leia surviving the vacuum of space for no reason takes jumping the shark to such a new level that it has probably made Shonen Jump writers do double takes.

The plot is lame and beyond disappointing, the potential of the new characters is utterly wasted with Rey being a perfect goddess who is such a blank slate of a character you can practically hear Kathleen Kennedy slithering behind little girls and whispering like Palpatine 'See? That's you.'. Poe's all right, but mostly due to the comics. Finn is the most disappointing, as he has such potential and a great talented actor to boot, who could bring an incredible, emotional, heart-wrenching story to the films, but is wasted as a comic relief character. And Kylo Ren... Let's just say I wish Luke had chopped his head off, just to spare us of the sequel trilogy.

Sorry, I needed to vent.

Anyway, I was skeptical of Rebels at first, and I wasn't hooked on the show until Empire Day and I even wish it had more episodes, but in the end it proved itself to be a worthy successor to The Clone Wars, and a fantastic show that all fans of Star Wars should see.

15. Shadowcatcher

Shadowcatcher Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2017
    Maybe female Twi'leks keep a repository for later, like some sorta guppy?

Well, what's your ideal ending? Every cast member getting wiped out?

16. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    Oh I'm sure we'll see them again for sure! Dave wouldn't end it like that, he did what he wanted and had the crowd wanting more.. so many more stories to come.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  17. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Sure, crashing your cruiser into an enemy one might not be a good trade, especially if you stand a decent chance of doing more damage with your ship's normal weapons and getting out alive. But in the case of TLJ, we're talking about sacrificing a cruiser to kill a much larger and more powerful ship...that's a very good trade. As for morally, well would it have been better to sacrifice hundreds or thousands of lives by sending starfighters to try to destroy the Supremacy? And if using a cruiser to ram enemy ships is too expensive...well, you don't actually have to use a cruiser. Use an unmanned freighter, or a purpose-built missile, to do the same thing.

V-2 likes this.
  18. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Rebels was damned to languish on an obscure cable channel, and for a while it was aimed at a younger demographic than its core. The penultimate season felt like it took a wrong turn, and the last season felt a little RotS-like in that it was making up for lost time.

I thought Rebels had greater potential than TCW which I always thought would have been much better as a linear narrative rather than a higgledy-piggledy anthology, but TCW probably still wins out because of how deep and varied it was.

Regarding the ST, I really sympathise with a lot of what you say. TLJ squandered most of the potential established in TFA, and really screwed up the entire concept of having wars in the stars in the way that Star Wars had previously established. However, Luke's relationship with the milk-monster aside, I really enjoyed Luke's part of the story. I could've probably lived without the 'certain point of view' flashbacks too, but pretty much everything else about Luke was gold for me. Don't imagine that he won't be back to redeem more faults, death is a minor inconvenience to Luke ****ing Skywalker. :)

Dammit though a human could survive that long in vacuum (especially one so tough she could stroll around inside a tiny asteroid in ESB), and telekinesis would certainly give Leia the power to pull herself towards an object of greater mass in 0G/microgravity. It's a shame she was so underused, that's my problem...

I agree about most of the other characters, but I quite like Kylo Ren. He's managed to survive TLJ maintaining something of an enigma about him, that's a pretty amazing achievement.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2018
    Vialco likes this.
  19. Clint Bevis

Clint Bevis Jedi Padawan

Jan 16, 2018
    Yes but my questions still stand.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  20. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    To answer your first question- Yeah I think there is a possibility of that happening.

Question 2-Yeah that is my initial take as well. Nothing is absolutely positive, but that seems to be the direction they are heading.

number 3-I'm okay with it. The Battle of Endor was a pretty big operation, so retconning Hera and Rex in there seems harmless enough to me.

revan772 and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Also Hera is not really a retcon.

22. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    All of TCW and Rebels was retroactive continuity.

My Jacen hypothesis:
    IF the father is Kanan then EITHER A=[Twi'leks have exceptionally long gestation cycles AND possibly fertilise via kisses] OR B=[Hera happened upon an inexplicably viable DNA sample, and employed hybridising science and IVF/a turkey nuna baster]. If A, how lovely. If B, contrived narrative device to avoid all ethical problems, anyone?

IF the father is NOT Kanan then I believe it to be Rotta.

revan772 likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    We have seen hybrids before.

24. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
    It was a good finale but it wasn't as good as the last 2 episodes, perhaps my expectations were set too high. It had some really, really good things going for it tho (Tharwn's dialogues obviously, Ezra/Palpatine interaction and the latter being sort of a Lucifer-like figure in disguise tempting the hero).

25. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Kanan and Hera made jacen the old fashion way - not IVF, nor 'kisses' nor found under the meloorun bush - they had sex.