main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #33 is up: How They Met! (1/28, p. 90, #2231)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Okay, is there any particular way I should post/link to it?

2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Use the link to the individual post. The # number next to Like/Unlike. :)

Captain Rakkaus and Anedon like this.
  3. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Thanks @Ewok Poet
    Here it is: My entry for the current OTP pairing challenge Homecoming (chapter 6 of "Redemption")

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  4. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    Reminder: the deadline to post your story is March 07th, 2018 at 13.20 Central European Time. Roughly 15.5 hours from now.

If I'm not wrong (super-tired), we have five entries. Can we make it to six? Seven?

@Briannakin had a great idea for the next challenge and we'll start gathering what we need for it once the voting is on.

@Chyntuck, that image is awesome. Where would you like me to put it? In the Elderly Love challenge OP?

Findswoman and mavjade like this.
  5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Yay!!

Technically, I do have an entry for this current running OTP challenge (it's rough, but I did write 2500 words for the part 1 over the weekend), but I don't think I'll post it as part of the challenge, because it's part of a vignette/short story series, and I'm in the middle of posting an arc (the must anticipated outhouse arc). But I'll write part 2 for the upcoming challenge [face_party]

Findswoman , mavjade and Ewok Poet like this.
  6. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    OTP - with the exception of Poldo, this list is OLD SCHOOL.

Poe Dameron/Amilyn Holdo ST-AU

Lens Eli/Kayla Bix -OCs - Beyond Legends
    Luke/ Mara - Beyond Legends
    Han/Leia OT, Beyond Legends
    Ben Skywalker/Jysella Horn - Beyond Legends
    Anakin Solo/Tahiri Veila - Beyond Legends
    Wedge/Iella - Beyond Legends

7. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Did a fingertip search through three screens, and yeah, you have five entries.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  8. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    @Anedon Argh! I've had your fics on my list, like, forever, and I just never got around to reading them. Am I going to be super-spoiled for everything that comes before if I read that chapter?
    That would be a good place for it, yes :)

Ewok Poet and Anedon like this.
  9. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Just got home. Need to put something up on my website and then I shall complete the voting post. :)

And thank you, both of you.

Послато са SM-J510FN уз помоћ Тапатока

Findswoman likes this.
  10. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    I don´t think so, its hard to explain without giving away too much but the chapter stands pretty much on its own without mentioning much of the previous plot.
    Its more of a halucination/dream, Jacen expiriences, than a part of the main action.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    divapilot, Chyntuck and Ewok Poet like this.
  11. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    My OTPs (which are mostly the ships I would have posted had I done so the first go round).

EC/EC:

Padmé/Dormé (I am fairly certain that I have personally written around 95% of the stories for this ship available online. Then: years after I wrote most of it, the crowd at the handmaiden based tumblr suddenly discovered handmaiden slash! for the very first time!--but never realized my work so much as existed. Honestly, I'm mostly relieved.)

Padmé/Sabé (As far as I'm concerned, Sabé is always madly, badly in love with her lady. Always.)

Sabé/Dormé (But it is also possible to love more than one person.)

Obi-Wan/Rabé (It is not a crack ship. As I said in the index notes for the one sort of kind of ship story I wrote for this: not canon but it should be.)

Also: I haven't seen The Last Jedi, but if they had actually had Vice Admiral Holdo both live, and get together with Poe, I would have rushed to the cinema post haste to see it.

---

OC/OC:

Once, years ago, I actually drew some rather bad fanart--which no longer exists--of an OC couple in one of my stories--which does exist, though only as a truncated, punctuation spattered mess that would take far more time than it is worth to rewrite back to life--and wrote as the caption: "Ship them you must."

---

EC/OC:

I'm working on an AU story with one of those now, and I may even have it posted for public scrutiny before 2019.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    brodiew, divapilot, Ewok Poet and 2 others like this.
  12. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Voting post: Friday.

Gathering info for the next challenge: Saturday or Sunday, since I need Bri to explain stuff to me.

Soz. Life became fun.

13. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    CHALLENGE #7 - "WE'VE COME THROUGH A LOT TOGETHER" :: VOTING

Phew, that's been one great week...at least for the Captain! As a result of having lots of fun, albeit without rum or any other kind of alcohol - or without the sea, for that matter - this voting post has been delayed. Have no fear, because you're still getting two weeks to vote, as usual. And, in the meantime, we shall be brainstorming on the new challenge, which is looking mighty fine, dare I say so. Arrrrr!

We have five entries and some of them are multi-chapter stories, which is awesomesauce.

As usual, if there are more of you who didn't make it on time, yet want to showcase your entries - you can post a link to your story/chapter and I will add it to the list of the ineligible stories, those inspired by the prompt. :)

Guidelines

You have two weeks to vote. Voting closes at 21.30 (that's 9.30 PM) Central European Time on March 25th, 2018 (check the world clock). The votes will be counted and announced later that day or the next day.

- You may not vote for yourself.

- You may not post your vote in public.

- You can vote whether you took part in this challenge or not.

- Votes of challenge participants and readers count the same.

- Please, take the time to read all the stories, leave a review if possible, and vote for the story that, in your opinion, fits the spirit of this challenge most.

Once you know whom you're voting for, send a message to @Captain Rakkaus with the subject Challenge #7 - Voting and the name of the author and the link to their story in the post body. PLEASE, INCLUDE THE EXACT NAME OF THE AUTHOR, THE STORY NAME AND THE LINK. I mean it. :p

Entries

The entries are listed in alphabetical order, by author's username. For non-Star Wars stories, a link to the Wikipedia entry on the fandom has been provided for your convenience. For all stories, links to characters have been provided, too, unless they're characters from the SW films, or OCs.

The sock has gone through everything posted so far and left a little supportive "Like" on all stories, or story chapters/parts, if there was more than one. :) I cannot read the stories I'm clueless about, but I support you all, I promise.

Homecoming (chapter 6 of "Redemption") by @Anedon
    featuring Jacen Solo and Tenel Ka Djo

Awakenings by @Chyntuck
    featuring Thrawn and Ayesha Eskari (OC)

The Sound of Love by @mavjade [The West Wing]
    featuring Leo Lyman and Marc (OCs)

Nothing’s More Important by @Raissa Baiard
    featuring Ezra Bridger and Mara Jade

We've Come through A Lot Together by @Sith-I-5
    featuring Yavinelf Dangerrescue and Ysanne Isard

Finding Our Way by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    featuring Han Solo and Leia Organa

Please, let me know if there are any errors in the above listing!

[face_dancing] Good luck, everybody![face_dancing]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  14. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Captain Rakkaus likes this.
  15. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    D'oh! This is what happens when I'm tired. Here it comes...

Captain Rakkaus likes this.
  16. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Due to the above mistake, the voting will be extended for one more day. So, March 26th it is. :)

17. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Just realised that I bailed out on three most recent challenges, and I had ideas for the latter two. The fairy tale even had a title. And a couple of, err, words. LOL FAIL. :eek:

This is what happens when a poor romance writer maintains a romance-related thread. :p Everybody is happy! [face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl] I could run a thread on dogfights next. :tie::xwing:

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    For those the amazing @Mistress_Renata and @Flyboy240 would do splendidly, writing space battles with just-right details :cool: Not too many and not too few [face_laugh] =D=

Mistress_Renata and Flyboy240 like this.
  19. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Depending on what the next topic is, I might go ahead and enter.

20. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    In other words, would somebody more "true" be into this?

21. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Be into what? What are we discussing?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  22. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I don't know what that is and how it's related to this.

EDIT: The post above mine mentioned some Rocky show..something. That's what I had responded to. Sorry!

23. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    I was wondering the same thing, I was asking about the topic at hand for the next challenge.

24. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Sorry. We must have posted at the same time. I was wondering if anybody would be into inheriting this thread and the @Captain Rakkaus sock from me. :) Somebody more true. An actual romance writer, who understands relationships, likes things such as tenderness and knows what relationships should be like. This feels like running an, I don't know, particle physics group and that makes me an impostor.

Perhaps that would too prompt the people who left because of a particular chapter of one of my epics in August 2016 to come back to the board, too. :)

25. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    That's right - the Captain is all yours, folks. We need to be comfortable with everybody and anybody and since that is not the case... :)