main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Considering Rey is not a Jedi and will probably train others, what difference does it make? You just need books...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

kalzeth and Gharlane like this.
  2. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Okay, so is all the predictable complaining and negativity out of the way yet? No? Oh well, I'll just have to jump in with my own excitement anyway.

This was an amazing finale to a great series. Filoni and team pulled out the stops and really did make this one special. Great storytelling, and as Star Wars should it left plenty of open questions and stuff to look forward to for the future. Just can't say enough good stuff about this last stretch of episodes. Thanks to everyone involved. Can't wait to see what the future of Star Wars animation looks like from here.

3. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011

well the fact it doesn't make Yoda look like a fool for one

4. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Yoda will be happy, going by ESB he didn't want to train Luke anyway. Reinforced by the new 40 years of SW anthology.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

kalzeth likes this.
  5. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    I wonder if Hera's previously unmentioned brother could perhaps be named Jacen. That would explain why she named her son that instead of Caleb...[face_thinking]

6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Luke literally said Rey was a Jedi at the end of the film. That makes her a Jedi. Ahsoka literally said "I am no Jedi." So she's not. It ain't that complicated. The characters are explicitly telling the viewer if they are or are not Jedi.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    revan772 likes this.
  7. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Well to be fair he said she will be a Jedi, not that she is.

8. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I sees it he's graduating her to Jedi at pretty much that exact moment, which is reinforced by the lifting rocks shot.

Vialco likes this.
  9. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    This shabby rushing people to knighthood thing is all Yoda's fault. He knighted Obi-Wan when days before he mocked Obi-Wan's readiness to face the trials. He rushed knighthood with Anakin in the Clone Wars microseries after seeing a cave vision. He told Luke "already know that which you need", face Vader, and be a Jedi. His ghost says "The girl Rey already has that which she needs".

This little green fellow has brought Jedi training a long way down. Mace Windu would never have let this happen. (I'm looking for a Mace icon on TFN boards now and see there isn't one. Shocking. :eek: )

kalzeth likes this.
  10. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    the strictly regimented order he presided over didn't exactly end all that well so Yoda is definitely trying a different track to return the Jedi. as he said "The greatest teacher, failure is."

Darth_Duck likes this.
  11. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Yeah the meaning of the callback to the lifting rocks line is pretty clear.

revan772 likes this.
  12. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Wait, another source says that there is an Imperial Academy on Lothal after season 4?

But the coda at the end of Rebels says that a counter attack never happened and Lothal remained free throughout the war.

13. Old Rex

Old Rex Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 28, 2015
    "Berisse Sai graduated from the Imperial Academy on Lothal a year before the Battle of Yavin."

From Lost Stars:
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Berisse_Sai

The timeline between this and the Rebels finale would have to be really tight for this to work. Throw in when the Battle of Scarif happens in relation to the Battle of Lothal, and it's going to be messy.

kalzeth likes this.
  14. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Pablo says the last episode happens "pretty close" to Rogue One -- "within the year", so I can see Sai graduating prior to the last episode and that timeline still working fine.

Daneira and Vthuil like this.
  15. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Yes. Whenever I see any cosplay with Ahsoka, sorry to say, I roll my eyes. It just doesn't look good. The head always looks too big and the forehead always looks too high.

16. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    Not really.

Our first indication of the date is in "Empire Day". That states that it is the 15th year of the First Galactic Empire (ROTS+15 or ANH-4). Which lines up with off screen indications that the series started roughly "five years before A New Hope". A year later, when "A Princess on Lothal" aired, promotional material indicated that Princess Leia was sixteen years old, and since she was born some time shortly after Ezra, we can assume he is also sixteen, and in turn the year is 16FGE (maybe recently turned so, in line with the dates the two episodes aired). To be clear, I'm not saying the off screen stuff is "canon," just that it gives us an indication of how this all shakes out. (Canonically, they like to keep everything a bit loose so that other stories can be told later.)

Between season two and three there is a time jump (off screen material says about six months, but I don't remember if they said anything about it on screen?), so if we were half way through 16FGE at the end of season 2, then we'd be some time near the beginning of 17FGE with season 3. Proceeding in real time from there brings us to the end of 18FGE with the liberation of Lothal. We are at the most months from Scarif and Yavin, and given how blindingly fast Rouge One and A New Hope are, it might be much less than that. There is plenty of time to work with.

Old Rex likes this.
  17. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    At the very least, Heroes of Mandalore is confirmed to be set in 1 BBY, so Season Four progresses towards 0 BBY from there.

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    According to Filoni, Pelly is alive.

I hate everything. Can someone make Tahiri canon so she can kill him again?

Thanks.

cthugha, kalzeth and Vialco like this.
  19. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

20. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    You know why he didn't finish the call to Thrawn?

He retreated. As always. :p

bizzbizz, WMIRTUTSF, cthugha and 8 others like this.
  21. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    We'll soon find out that the space whales didn't actually destroy the blockade, Pelly just retreated the moment he saw them drop out of hyperspace. :p

22. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Sable_Hart likes this.
  23. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I guess my issue with Ahsoka and Ezra being alive is that it lessens the importance of Luke in ANH. In my mind after ROTS there was no light. During the dark times what little light remained had been reduced to embers. The Jedi and overall “good guys” were beat and darkness reigned supreme.

I feel that ANH could easily be renamed as the force awakens as it does in Luke, he opens himself up to this strange all encompassing force after a series of events. He is the last smoldering ember that re-ignites the lightside of the force in the galaxy. There is no one else who can maintain the light. He is literally the last bastion. Without him everything would fall apart even with the events of Rogue One. Without this very last beacon of light facing up to the Emperor and Vader all hope is ultimately lost.

By having Ahsoka and Ezra just being out there it means that Luke isn’t the last hope. They might use whatever technicality they choose to define themselves as not being Jedi but I doubt they would be able to ignore the threat of the Empire and the fight for good. Even removing them from the OT setting leaving Luke on his own it feels too convenient. If Luke fails it’s okay because they have two waiting on the bench. Sure they’re not Jedi but they serve the same purpose of being embodiments of the lightside and keeping hope alive.

Ramble ramble incoherent ramble.

Call Ahsoka and Ezra whatever you like, for me they lessen the narrative impact of Luke being the last hope of the galaxy. It was a clever work around so that Dave could keep two pet characters safe. I like both characters a lot, but for me they have well and truly outlived their purpose.

24. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    WOW. Pelleaon just got burned worse than Durge
    [​IMG]

SyndicThrass likes this.
  25. Xander Vos

Xander Vos Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2013
    Had to skip a bunch of pages, but I don't know if anyone's raised the possibility of Ezra as
    Joruus C'Baoth?

revan772, TrandoJedi and kalzeth like this.