main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 4.15/4.16 - Family Reunion - and Farewell (SERIES FINALE!) - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Mar 3, 2018.

1. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    The father was Chopper - the camera literally centered on him when the voiceover said "you know what his father was like"

Which means Jacen is gonna grow up and kill thousands of people

Did he help design Starkiller Base?

/joking

2. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Really good finale. I was surprised at how much emotion it packed.

I always had the feeling that they wouldn’t kill the kid protagonist of a kid-oriented show, so it doesn’t surprise me that Ezra survived, but I did like the solution they came up with to take him out of the scene for duration of the OT. I still think it would’ve had a greater punch if Ezra had sacrificed his life, but oh well, this option is also okay, and still had some emotion to it.
    Ezra did come around as a character in the end and there is a part of me that is actually quite happy that he lives, as it feels like I finally got to really like his character and want to see more of this Ezra. It took him more time than Ahsoka to mature but I suppose the way it was done here was more realistic.

Sabine too came around as character for me, and I liked that she was the one who narrated the epilogue. Her relationship with Ezra slowly grew into finally something that is entirely rooted on deep respect and mutual care.

Hera is still a great character and her voice actress is just phenomenal. She makes her character feel so real and relatable. Jacen looked a bit weird to me, but maybe it’s just the animation style. I certainly hope he does not get enrolled in Luke’s Jedi school. Let at least one character’s legacy be spared from the nihilistic reboot of the franchise.

I loved Thrawn here, I think this finale was his best villainous performance. Pryce remained a despicable Imperial until the end, which I appreciated.

Admittedly, got a little teary-eyed when Zeb brought Kallus to his people.

Melch's fake out was a bit off, completely missed an emotional beat there and Hondo is not the same as he used to be. Those are probably my only complaints.

3. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i just realized that that the canon-adjacent LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures had Hondo surviving past ESB so I wasn't surprised that he made it through the Rebels finale. Makes me wish they would do a "real" version of the events that went down in the Freemaker Adventures.

4. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Well yes I don't disagree with this post really... But I still don't get what you are actually trying to say about this. I argued that kamikaze by a cruiser (like in TLJ )is not always the best tactic and there is always good reason not to do it, but sometimes it is the only choice and may prove to be better than all other alternatives. I'm not saying it is never a good tactic.

My argument was against those people who claim that Holdo's sacrifice was somehow illogical or dumb and that it somehow ruins the logic of space battling because "Why not always just to hyperspacejump everything". I don't think it does. My point is that it is rarely the best alternative and therefore not always used. But sure sometimes it is useful tactic. Here is example from Legends from where this ramming with unmanned transport is used well and it makes sense, but it works because they also use deception and enemy has no time to react. Sometimes enemy may anticipate the move and has a chance to prevent it by hacking into systems of unmanned transport, using tractor beams to change the course, boarding it or destroying it before it rams into intended target. That's why it's not foolproof tactic for everything. Using freighter still has the same problem as using cruiser is- you are gonna lose that freighter and Rebel Alliance needs most of their transports for you know, transporting stuff.

Hondo appears in Star Wars Commander that takes place after ANH. And I think it is canon...

Are you sure it wasn't lothstork....?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  5. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    So then Twi'leks are pregnant for years and years (and years).

6. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016
    No. The epilogue - set after Endor - shows a child of around 4/5. We're within a year of Yavin, and Endor is 4 years later so that timeline works just fine.

revan772, cwustudent and DarthBreezy like this.
  7. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    ..Really? Looks like a baby to me.

8. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Yeah supposedly the Epilogue that Sabine said at the end took place 10 years after I believe Lothal. So the Jacen Syndulla we saw was perhaps a memory of Sabines after the Battle of Endor? Because he did look at most to me 4 or 5 years old.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Who looks like a baby?
    [​IMG]

revan772 and cwustudent like this.
  10. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Him. I guess you could claim 3 or 4 years old though, which means Hera held him inside her for 6 or 7 years, or she decided to steal Kanan's DNA years after he died, or it's just someone else's (in which case it's almost certainly Rotta's son).

11. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Sooner or later that Information will get out, so I'm not all that worried about it.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  12. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Thanks for sharing that you do not care.

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I can't tell if you're being serious or not. The boy looks to be anywhere between 3-5 years old. If you assume the latter, then he's pretty much how he old he should be when Sabine gives her epilogue. Lothal's liberation occurs during 1BBY. The Battle of Endor occurs in 4BBY. Where do you get "6 to 7 years" from?
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_galactic_history

MandaloreRex2015 and cwustudent like this.
  14. Dame sans merci

Jan 17, 2016
    Exactly. The epilogue even tells us directly that he was born prior to the battle of Endor.

15. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I believe The Future Dark Lord Jacen Syndulla is 4 years old. 5 max. For him to be older, that would require Jacen to be born during or after the Rebels finale. Which is impossible, only he is the true Chosen One and just appeared.

16. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Wtf are you even talking about?

That the epilogue is set 10 years after is just a speculation by Germain Lussier from io9 who thought Jacen looked around 10 in the epilogue.

But Jacen definitely looks more like 5 (or 6 at absolute maximum) in the epilogue. I personally think that the epilogue takes place in 5 ABY, shortly after the Battle of Jakku.

If the finale is in 1 BBY, then Jacen was likely born in 0 BBY and is therefore 5 when Jakku happens. That timeline works fine.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

17. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    I reckon Jacen was 5 or 6 when we saw him the Ghost.

Also, here's my super detailed recap of this episode for the New York Daily News - I'm both sad and relieved to be done writing these! I hope they've been useful to people.

18. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    Jacen looked between 5-6 years old for me :p

19. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    How are ppl getting that number?

20. Dame sans merci

Jan 17, 2016
    It's from this piece by Germain Lussier:
    But, given he also mixes up Lira San and Lasan in the same piece, i'm not really taking him as word-of-God on this. I think he's just guessing.

Darth_Voider likes this.
  21. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    From an io9 article by Germain Lussier. Lussier wrote that Jacen looked 9 to 10 to him, therefore Lussier concluded that the epilogue must be 10 years after the liberation of Lothal.

Now German Lussier is not an official source in any capacity, so I don't understand why some in here go with it and I honestly also don't know why Jacen looks 10 to him. As many have pointed out, Jacen looks more like 5 in the epilogue.

Let Filoni or Hidalgo be the one to actually confirm when exactly the epilogue takes place.

Edit: @Dame sans merci beat me to it.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  22. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Ooh! Thank you.

I agree, his guessing is a little...off. :p

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Definitely not 10.

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    But he's definitely not a baby either.

Darth_Voider likes this.
  25. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    He's either a big young boy or a developmentally different older boy.

Seriously looks half Hutt to me.