main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Rebels takes the 'Stormtrooper can't hit anything' and turns it up to 11. I understand that it's likely a censorship issue. Unfortunately rather than use that as a strength the show has an awful track record of executing the action in the least convincing way. Nobody takes any sort of cover, in fact, the heroes can stand stationary on top of crates in full view and still not get hit, and we also see imperials miss from distances that stretch plausibility (like feet away). These all happen in the finale too.

2. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    This has been a phenomenal series, and I’m sad it’s ended. But I’m so excited for what’s to come with the next series!

MandoArtist likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    A rex vs Cody fight would have been great.

4. AplagueOnTheWise

AplagueOnTheWise Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    Probably my main complaint about the finale . Literally standing feet apart and stormtroopers hit air and the Rebels land every shot. Urg!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vialco likes this.
  5. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    More secondary good guys should have died in the finale in my opinion to give it more impact. Also Zeb. That moment when he leaps and attacks Rukh, he should have died sacrificing himself to kill Rukh and allow the others to activate the shield. It would have been the perfect moment for Zeb to die and it would be a fitting ending to his character. Kallus than could have visited Lira San on his own and pledged to protect it in memory of Zeb.

6. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
  7. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I'm okay with the ending. After Rogue One, in which the heroes were all killed before the events of A New Hope took place, I'm sure the creators made a deliberate point of doing something fresh.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  8. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Weird that landscape changes too.... I thought it was meant to be the same city.... I think it's not the same tower at least since it looks new as well. Weird lack of continuity there when seen side by side- i expected it to work better.

Vialco likes this.
  9. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Well given that it takes place in the future, can't it just mean that in the five or so years since the Empire left, the free citizens of Lotal were able to build their city up like this? (Think Dubai, and not New York City).

10. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Yeah that side by side image isn't all that jarring to me. I am under the impression that was 10 years (or more even) after Lothal, so a lot could have been built in a 10 year period. So To me I buy it.

11. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018
    I feel like that picture of Ezra and Sabine, well it was the beginning of a series and now potentially that same picture but sabine doing it could signal yet another series start.. Who knows.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    If it was then Jacen's age makes no sense.

13. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    For me The final beats out Twilight of the Apprentice.

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Twilight was a special episode; not so much for the Ghost Crew themselves but of course for the inevitable Vader/Ahsoka meeting. The finale was just perfect the way it was for the protagonists of the series.

16. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I liked the season 2 finale but I was never super invested in Ahsoka or her inevitable encounter with Vader.

It could very well, objectively, be the best episode. But the series finale is probably my favourite. The ending with Sabine's painting and Twin Suns really killed me.

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    If you weren't invested in Ahsoka before, how do you feel about Sabine working with her now in a future series?

18. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018
    Seeing Sam Witwer getting to carry on his Maul again was awesome for me, Hope Sam still has parts to play in the future he can nail any voice.

19. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Happy. I know Filoni won't resist continuing Ahsoka's story, so I'm glad Sabine will be at her side

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Um ok...I guess I'll take that for what it's worth...

21. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    I'm not insulting Ahsoka. She's just not my favourite, that's all. TCW didn't grip me like Rebels did.

DarthBreezy likes this.
  22. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Lots of thoughts running through my head after the finale. I’m thinking, how epic would it be if a new series started after the Battle of Endor, where Sabine, Ahsoka and Hera set off to find Ezra in the Unknown Regions, then... this is where it gets interesting. Then they come across Ezra and Thrawn in a full on battle against Snoke (before he was mutated) and his own army. It doesn’t have to be a big army, as Thrawn’s remaining army would be pretty small.

This would give an introduction to Snoke and his origins. Maybe he can even be the lead villain on the new series, and it ends with them deforming him and thinking he’s dead. We’d also get to explore new regions of space that the films and shows have never gone before.

Maybe Ezra had a vision of Snoke rising to power and took the best tactical genius in the galaxy (Thrawn), with him in hopes of forming a temporary alliance (that turns permanent) to stop him before he can get started. Plus we’d be able to get an Ahsoka vs. Snoke duel, which would be epic.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    But st the same time we would know he fails in his task to stop Snoke.

Vialco and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  24. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    That’s what I was trying to think around. Which is why that would only take up one or two seasons of the show, then they’d move on to something else. But with them defeating Snoke and leaving him mutated and thinking he’s dead, Snoke might leave the galaxy alone for over a decade. That’s still a big victory.

If we see Luke start up his Jedi academy, we know that’s going to fail as well. It’ll be tough for the writers to make this work.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s also possible that another threat other then Snoke exists out there.