main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Official "The Mandalorian" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Corran1138, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    No thanks. And I really, really doubt they will do that. We'll see, though.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  2. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Bold prediction - pilot screening at Celebration 2019 then launching with the streaming service later next year.

whostheBossk likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I might check out jungle book this weekend. Thanks.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  4. FarEasterling

FarEasterling Jedi Master star 1

Aug 18, 2011
    Very, very good news. Options:
    1) Casual life in the Empire's age (GL idea) + 1313 game
    2) 20 years span after the defeat of the Empire. Would be nice to know more about Luke's maverick life, but it would imply an actor other than the young Mark Hamill. Mara Jade? Boba?
    3) Old Republic. Why not. Now nobody clearly knows what did happened in the past and what did not. That series would take a liberty to clarify a dozen things.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    kalzeth likes this.
  5. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Maybe but I'm thinking it might not air until 2020. If I remember correctly there aren't any Star Wars movies coming out that year.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    They need to open the service with some shows, so I think it is likely a 2019 premiere.

Also he has likely been on board this show for at least 3 or so months.

7. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Yeah they aren't going to be asking people to subscribe to a service that only has stuff on it they have already seen. They are going to use brand new content to sell it.

kalzeth and ChrisLyne like this.
  8. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Could be interesting, but it has to have some heft. One problem with films set in that era is that we know how it ends. But it could still be very exciting. Personally, I think series oriented around a rebel spy could be very interesting.

This is my preference. I think either this show, or Filoni's new show will do that. But after the Rebels finale, I think the new show is likely to focus on something else. But please, Jeebus, no Mara Jade. Or if we get Mara Jade, can we reimagine her as something as other than a teenage boy's fantasy?

OKay, I admit it. This idea bores me to death. Don't care. Can't even develop a GAF for the game, and I enjoyed KOTR and KOTR II. I kind of doubt they will risk much on a timeline 90% of people will get confused over, but if they give it a go, I thin Favreau could probably make me get interested.

9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    As this is more than likely the same show as the one announced last year, merging threads.

NOTE: This will be the official thread for this series going forward.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  10. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    *runs around with excitement*

*trips over*

oh, I wonder if Disney are using George's old scripts for Star Wars: Underworld?

11. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Why would 90% of people be confused by the concept of ancient history in the Star Wars galaxy?

The Old Republic is the only period I have much interest left in canon. Every other period has been severely limited by bad comics and cartoons and ST media.

kalzeth likes this.
  12. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    If there are Jedi in this I have a feeling they won’t be full time characters, rather they’ll pop up from time to time.

13. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    my favorite of Favreau's was Cowboys and Aliens,

14. Matty20172018

Matty20172018 Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2017
    How does this make any sense? Another Star franchise went for the overkill in the mid-90s and it paid very dearly for that just a few short years later, really. Why do we need a live action tv show? How does Star Wars fit well into that medium?

Live action Star Wars is grand, operatic, cinematic, it's big action and big sfx effects. Why do we need this series when we have these movies coming out. This show will dilute excitement for upcoming films... that' my feeling.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    There have been talks about a live-action series for over a decade by this point.

16. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    what other star wars franchise are you talking about that was around in the 90's?

17. Matty20172018

Aug 20, 2017
    Of late we have been watching events within about 6 or 7 years of A New Hope. We still have a big 12 or 13 years of largely unexplored material, chiefly Obi Wan!

kalzeth likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I do not want Obi-Wan leaving Tatooine at all.

kalzeth likes this.
  19. Matty20172018

Aug 20, 2017
    Star Trek

20. Matty20172018

Aug 20, 2017
    Why does he need to leave Tattooine? It's a big planet!

kalzeth likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    What could he do on Tatooine other than chase around some thugs?

22. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Oh Star Franchise my bad, Abrams Trek came out in 2009 not the 90's unless you mean The Next Generation which Is nothing like Star Wars you really cant compare the two and TNG came out In the late 80's ...

23. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    ...how so?

24. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Very exciting news. (It's happening!) [face_party]

kalzeth likes this.
  25. FarEasterling

FarEasterling Jedi Master star 1

Aug 18, 2011
    Mara Jade...(scratching head). With round eyes several months ago I witnessed a massive outrage due to pending extinction of Skywalkers. I myself can cope with the idea, but there is really a lot of members of the community who are not. That's why Mara Jade or whoever. We have to have us a child for the sake of the bloodline. Reylo shipping is dead-end, I guess.