main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I'm going to see Annihilation tonight, anyone here seen that yet?

2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm going either tonight, or next Wednesday. I've become a big fan of Alex Garland.

3. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Speaking of which, I knew this was true. http://collider.com/alex-garland-directed-dredd-says-karl-urban/

4. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    Going to Wicked in three weeks. That's one way to kill the time!

*twirls*

5. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    "I haven't been this speechless since The Force Awakens". [face_laugh]
    God bless you Mark. Well deserved...

6. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    He's the best! Congrats, Mark!

7. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    My Aunt did the DNA test from www.Ancestry.com and Apparently we new Irish and German but we found out we have Finnish or Finland, we have A small percentage of African Kenya to be exact, We have Indian as in India, like 3% Indian and also Asian like Chinese and Japanese. these are all in my ancestry I am very happy to finally know my moms side of the family DNA! next we will find out what's in my dads side All we know Is my Great Grand Father came over from Corleone Sicily his name was Leoluca Randisi, and my dads mom's family was from Naples Italy. Apparently we may be related distantly to Queen Victoria, Dr. Oz, Warren Buffet and Suzan Sarandon! There are other things in our DNA that's just a highlight of some of the ones that I found the most interesting. I am Mostly Irish or British, and German and Finnish or Finland!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  8. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    If it's not Queen Victoria but this guy from Corleone
    [​IMG]
    please let us know.
    Maybe someone in the community here is looking for someone to do him a favor.

9. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    No seriously all the famous people I mentioned very well could be related to me It was a DNA test DNA tests are pretty close to 100% but not quite 100% accurate, I mean Scientists have mapped the human Genome.

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    How close are you to the throne? I'd like to be knighted is all I'm gonna say.

EHT and Guidman like this.
  11. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Scrolling through this, I thought the discussion was on human Gnomes. My brain must've also caught a glance of Darth Smurf's latest avatar.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  12. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Probably very Distantly. There's a lot to read in the Info we got but we also have Spanish Mexican, Puerto Rican and South American so I guess my ancestors from Spain came over to the Americas with Ponce De Leon and the Spanish Conquistadors! Its really some Interesting stuff. I would recommend anyone who has about $100.00 to spare to try one of these DNA Tests they are really quite interesting and cool. some times if you get some kind of a deal you can get it for less then 100 dollars.

13. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    Things to do in NYC with an 11 year old. And go:

14. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I have a couple of nieces around that age and when they come to town they usually hit up a few museums and/or a Broadway musical.

The Met: https://www.metmuseum.org/
    MOMA: https://www.moma.org/
    Broadway.com: https://www.broadway.com/
    Natural History Museum: https://www.amnh.org/

If you go to the Natural History Museum you could also check out Central Park right across the street from the museum.

Of course there's also Times Square. The first time my nieces saw Times Square in the evening they were blown away. I think they said, "it's like the movies!" It's also insanely crowded.

Not sure I'd recommend the Empire State building tour. I've heard it's a half an hour wait just to go all the way up, take a look around and then all the way down. I remember my wife saying that the view from the top of 30 Rockefeller Center is just as good if not better than the Empire State building. Plus I think you can take tours of the TV shows that they film there.

For something a little off the beaten path there's the Tenement Museum in the Lower East Side. http://www.tenement.org/.The Tenement Museum is in the same neighborhood as the famed Katz's Deli, https://www.katzsdelicatessen.com/. A bunch of movies have been filmed there, maybe most notably, "When Harry Met Sally".

That's what I've got off the top of my head.

Birkendoc likes this.
  15. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    OMG the World Cup is about to start! =P~[face_dancing]:D

Darth Smurf and EHT like this.
  16. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    550 days..

17. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Mexico - Germany: 1:0
    Brazil - Switzerland: 1:1
    Argentina - Iceland: 1:1

[​IMG]

Luke'sSeveredHand and CairnsTony like this.
  18. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    This is the wildest opening to a World Cup that I can remember. Really enjoying these underdog stories. As much as I'd love for Messi to win the WC, I found myself pulling hard for Iceland.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I was disappointed... I've been hoping Argentina can win it all so Messi can have a World Cup victory, since this may be his last chance. Not sure how likely that is now, though. If not them, though, I'm rooting for Brazil. But I loved that Mexico beat Germany.

20. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    I was completely torn. If there is anyone who deserves a WC it's Messi. The only explanation (to me, at least) is he's putting far too much pressure on himself. You've got to think that Ronaldo performance the day prior was in the back of his mind as well. At any rate, here's hoping they rebound and get it together. As for Mexico v. Germany, I absolutely loved seeing El Tri win outright...and I know I'm not supposed to. I have a thing for the underdog haha

EHT likes this.
  21. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    I think it might happen again that Argentina and Germany somehow stumble from each game to the next to finally face each other again in the final.

EHT and Luke'sSeveredHand like this.
  22. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I posted this in the community forum, but figured I'd put it here as well...

So the town where my Mom grew up had catastrophic flooding. Houghton Michigan is devastated. Michigan Tech has even shutdown for the time being...

A state of emergency has been declared and the national guard is getting called in for cleanup and repair. The area simply doesn't have the financial resources to deal with a disaster of this magnitude!

Copper Country Flood Relief

23. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I'm stuck at work, working a million and one hours. I did care about the world cup till about an hour ago when my world was shattered by Disney. So here I am to drown my sorrows about Kenobi.

24. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Am I still allowed In Line? :p

I've decided It's time to bring myself back to my JC "roots" for a while (if that's OK?)

Myself and @PrincessKenobi go right back to the 2SA GIL? Almost to the Jurrasic era in fact... ;)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  25. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.