main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    38 notifications? HOLY.BANTHA.POODOO. O_O

In the meantime, somebody put me on a guest list for yet another show in, like, 18 hours.

Also, over the past 48 hours, I sold...
    - a skort
    - jeggings
    - three pairs of unopened men's A-shirts
    - a turtleneck
    - a ring

...and gave away...
    - a cardigan
    - a choker
    - two T-shirts
    - a tiny denim backpack
    - an anklet thingy
    - nail stickers

So, yeah, that's what I'd been doing - actually going out and putting old stuff up for sale. Hope I can brain enough to log into @Captain Rakkaus and make that bloody voting post when I up and then post a thing on my site that I was supposed to post on, err, Monday. YOLO!

Last time I looked, I had nine stories open to comment on...gotta be more by now.

EDIT: Yup, ten. @Raissa Baiard updated a thing. :p

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Glad things are back to normal and she gave you an extension, jcgoble! She sounds like a nice professor!

Bri- Ugh, that's such a pain that they ordered the wrong thing!

I worked in our ER for the first time today and it was strangely boring. I'm sure that's because I was doing orientation and as soon as I have it by myself the first time, it will be crazy. That's pretty much always how it works with me.

3. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Indeed, she is very nice. She manages to take a subject (sociology) that I have no interest in and am only taking because I need a social science and my advisor recommended it as a "typical" choice and find a way to make it interesting enough that I can easily follow along.

In other news: Spring Break has arrived!

...and I have a ton of schoolwork given to me this week and due the first week back, because some of my professors apparently don't understand the definition of the word "break". #FML

4. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I need to catch up on a dozen pages of this thread, but that will wait until my energy levels go up. Someone caught a video of me at the gym and it looks like this:

Hugs to everyone!

5. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
  6. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Arms and legs, everyone.

7. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    John Williams did not do the music for Rogue One, and if you didn't know, you wouldn't know. So it would appear that the guy who did it has discovered the secret of the "secret sauce".

8. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Good thing, since Disney looks to be turning these out for the next hundred years...!

9. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Me at the el capitan theater on Hollywood blvd: hey, you guys are setting up for something!
    Security: Nope. Just tearing down after the Oscars.
    24 hours later mark hamill: look! I have a star in front of the el capitan theater! And George and Harrison were there! Thanks to everyone who was a bystander.
    Me: that security guy was a Sith.

10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I have spent a week in the mountains over here skiing and taking it easy. Where I was I could not get my phone or internet to work, so to get in contact with the rest of the world we had to drive for at least 20 min

Also I'm reading The Chrysanthemum and the Sword right now (as part of my study literature) and I have to say I really don't like the way it generalise thing. I mean, it threats all of Europe as if the whole area was one whole unite, as if all the different countries and cultures that makes up Europe had the same historical social system and development.

11. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    It's non-fiction, so I wouldn't exactly consider it literature. It's also a very old study...

12. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Just had a crazy day. It was my brothers' 19th birthdays (the legal drinking age here). Though of course I started off the day getting my car stuck in the snow backing out of my driveway (trying to back out of the garage, not hit the wall or the housemates' car AND threading our now super narrow driveway is pretty much impossible), thankfully the housemates were able to dig me out. I did some running around (got new pillows - I ended up going to an actual mattress store, salesperson basically called me a giraffe, but I got the pillows I needed). Then I had a super awkward dinner with my step-father. He and my mom aren't getting back together (THANK GOD) but we were all civil for my brothers.

Oh, and I bought babyfood (pablum) the other day for the twin who got his wisdom teeth removed. He called me bad words but ended up trying it after I left. So of course when I went over there today, he was just a pathetic human and made me make him some. So, yeah, I made my brother pablum for his 19th birthday.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I Think that was swenglish. In sweden we call all books given to us to read during a course is called studielitteratur
    Yea, I know. I have actually asked the teachers why it is on the reading list.

14. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Win for you! Clearing stuff out of the house is good for mental health, and if you make some money doing it, double victory! :) Wish you were here, I have so much crap to get rid of and no patience with ebay...
    Of course! Because Hobbie's Law. How much longer do you have to do the orientation (to the job you already know?) :rolleyes:
    Oh, dear. This does not bode well for his 80th birthday! (Take some comfort in the knowledge that you are a good sister and he owes you!) :D

No news. Went & got my taxes done, a big stress off my mind. The cost for the tax preparer took away half of the refund, but I suppose the fact that *I* didn't have to worry over whether I was doing them right was worth it. If I do them myself, it takes several hours. Took the place about 20 minutes. Sigh.

AAAAND I got my credit card bill. :_| A very large car repair bill, registration for a con and now the tax preparer mean that I will be on an austerity regime for the rest of the month. Cheap thrills only! (I suppose I have no excuse not to get some writing done). Which I will be doing, I had a mental breakthrough on the story I have been wrestling with, sat down and outlined it, and now I know where it needs to go and have a much better idea of everyone's motivations! This is the one I owe you, @Findswoman, and I will feel so much better now that I can 'pay up.'

Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  15. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    My grandmother completed her radiation treatments just a couple of days ago and now tonight we're having her 91st birthday party. This is the card I just bought for her (spoilered because large images):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(edited because the spoiler tag didn't work right the first time)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yay @jcgoble3 -- that is a wonderful milestone for your Grandmom. @};- And @Mistress_Renata -- double yay for getting taxes out of the way and your fic sticking point cleared up. :)
    And :eek: [face_worried] where is @Ewok Poet anyway? [face_batting]

Ewok Poet and jcgoble3 like this.
  17. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    In other news, those two photos above tipped the scales on my Dropbox account and finally put me over capacity. Looks like it's time to upgrade.

18. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    The pupper has a name: Admiral Ackbark. Addy or Admiral is what we'll call him most of the time.
    In the running were: Alexander Hamilpup, Barkules Mulligan, and Phil Baharndt (King of Auto Sales in Fargo, North Dakota).

I have no idea. They keep pulling me off orientation to work when we're short. The other day on my second day in the Emergency Department they pulled me halfway through to go to an assignment because another therapist had to go home. I'd never actually worked in that unit, either. [face_laugh] In fairness, it's a less acute version of what I normally work. I normally work the 'open heart' unit, this was the general cardiac unit, but still I thought it was funny.

And of course nothing had happened in the ED all day, and after they pulled me, things started picking up!

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Admiral Ackbark -- that is too cute! [face_laugh]

20. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I'm here, I'm here. Had an interesting week - LOTS of fun. Should probably elaborate on it sometime.

I kind of hate eBay. Too many specs, plus they charge for every sold item. :( But yeah, I wish I had that crap, too.

@mavjade - Lovely name for the pup!

@jcgoble3 - Happy birthday to your grandmother and I hope you're healing.

@DarthIshtar - Enjoy life, glad it's going so well!

21. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I love the dog's name Mav! Though Barkules Mulligan is hysterical. My sister's new place will allow small pets so she's considered getting a small dog. I might have to suggest that name.

I'm trying to take it a bit easy today. So many people I was around yesterday were sick (bah people! I'm turning into Yoda :yoda: Leave me alone in my swamp) and I have to spend all of this week typing up a report for class so I'm trying not to type too much because my wrist is bothering me, but all I want to do is write fanfic.

22. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I was Yoda on Monday, for different reasons. We can agree on timesharing.

23. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    My 91-year-old grandmother, holding her 14-month-old great-granddaughter:

[​IMG]

24. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    So my husband is out of state for the week, and they are predicting up to a foot of snow on Tuesday. Looks like I will have to figure out how to use the snowblower. Will this winter ever end?????:mad:

Flyboy240 and Mistress_Renata like this.
  25. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Come here, we have that elusive shortest season of the year: spring!