main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Palpatine (The Senate) In Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Starwarsfan9000, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    sounds like there's an outstanding line by the Senate in the Series Finale Trailer. More Sheev?

0:38 "Destroy him(?)"

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Oooh, Palpatine was using his Creepy Bowl o Sith again in this episode! (That he used in the series finale in Clone Wars) That thing is pretty darn handy!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    TaradosGon and Son of a Bith like this.
  3. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I wonder if he left that thing in the Works or had it moved to the Sith Shrine under the Imperial Palace?

BigAl6ft6 and Snafu55 like this.
  4. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    You almost got that stupid kid, Sheev.

I'm so proud.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I really loved
    the fact that Sheev used his old appearance

Son of a Bith likes this.
  6. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I think you mean 'Meddling kids'.:p

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  7. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    The Senate was the highlight of the series finale for me.

We need more Ian McDiarmid Palpatine!

BigAl6ft6 and TaradosGon like this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So was

his appearances hologram trickery or the old Sith mask debate. I think the glitchyness of the holo made it hologram trickery but I still like that he can turn his Sith appearance off and on.

Also I though the model of The Emperor actually looked better than it did only 2 episodes ago, maybe it was the lighting

9. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Did anyone understand what Palpatine was trying to do in the latest episode?

10. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015
    He was trying to gain access to the World between worlds through Ezra.

Basically, he was manipulating Ezra to open the Lothal gateway again by promising him life with his parents, which would allow Palpatine to access the World between worlds, which means the ability to manipulate time and space itself. Then Palpatine would truly have an unlimited power.

themoth likes this.
  11. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    It seems so. However, we know the temple ritual, all Ezra has to do is push a button that Palpatine already knows? Couldn't he do it instead of Ezra or another Force user?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  12. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015
    Yeah, that part is a bit weird.

Maybe only Jedi can open the gateway because it was part of a Jedi Temple? Or perhaps only Ezra can open the Lothal gateway because he has some connection with it after he first opened it with the Mortis Gods mural.

13. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I’m not sure. While my initial thought was something along the lines of what @MrDarth0 explains, Pablo describes it as trying to remove Ezra from the picture by tempting him with his family. Though I would think that if that were Palpatine’s plan, he would be risking a lot by sending Ezra into the past to potentially thwart Palpatine’s plans.

The pocket dimension between worlds seemed to have doorways leading to many different points in time, that Palpatine could manipulate to his own ends. He didn’t know how to access it though without Ezra. But after the destruction of the temple, Palpatine somehow reconstructs a doorway to a single point in time that is meant to tempt Ezra, when those gateways were all in that pocket dimension that could not have been accessed by Palpatine. So perhaps that “doorway” was not what it appeared to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jedi Knight Fett and Erkan12 like this.
  14. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    I really appreciate Dave Filoni portraying Suave Sheev as a cunning puppetmaster in Rebels, rather than a silly spinning lightsaber tornado like the Tasmanian Devil.

Darth_Accipiter likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think he had one last access to the portal world, but Ezra destroyed it.

16. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015
    But why did he need Ezra? Why couldn't he open it on his own?

TaradosGon and Erkan12 like this.
  17. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I was confused as to how he even obtained that doorway, since the entrances to different points on the timeline resided within the world between worlds which Palpatine couldn’t access.

I asked Pablo on Twitter and in the episode “Wolf and a Doorway” Ezra comments that the doors to the Temple had been removed, and that the temple had sealed itself. I didn’t catch that.

So what I gather is that the thing on Thrawn’s Star Destroyer is the doorway to the temple that was removed but that via the powers of mystical Force teleportation would still have led into the Temple. The Temple apparently has some degree of defense against being accessed by the wrong people, unlike the Temple on Coruscant. So I gather that Palpatine couldn’t access the Temple and so needed to tempt Ezra to enter the Temple at which point he’d use Ezra as a tether to pull himself in as he attempted to do to pull himself into the World Between Worlds.

What I am unclear on is whether those were really Ezra’s parents or whether they too were holograms. I do not know why the Lothal Temple’s main entrance would want to lead Ezra into the past, I don’t know how Palpatine would know that it would, and I don’t know why Palpatine would want Ezra to go into the past.

So I’m leaning towards the belief that his parents were merely holograms too, meant just to tempt Ezra to open the door. And that when Ezra destroyed them, the hologram emitter that was disguising Palpatine gave out too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That's a question I could not begin to answer. If I were to hazard a guess. Something about Ezra being a Jedi and He a Sith.

TaradosGon likes this.
  19. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    I think Ezra, being a trained force wielder native to the planet the gateway existed upon, was the only person capable of accessing it. Say there were a gateway on Naboo, Palpatine wouldn't need Ezra. Lothal is the only place we know of, there may or may not be one on Malachor. When Ezra destroyed the remainder of the Lothal Temple, he might have destroyed the only gateway in existence to the World Between Worlds. I'd like to think that considering it takes time travel permanently out of the GFFA. You can get to anywhere and anytime from within the WbW, but you can't get to the WbW from anywhere.
    My theory is based upon that Ezra has been unconsciously accessing the WbW each time he visited the temple. The first time he acquires a kyber crystal without explanation. Ezra possibly opened a portal to Ilum without realizing it and grabbed it, as he already passed his cave trial as the younglings did in TCW. The crystal descending was a metaphor or a vision because Ezra lacked clarity or the idea of the WbW was still being thrown around without the go-ahead.
    The second time, Ezra of course speaks to Yoda face to face. He doesn't realize it, but he's staring into another portal - this one to Dagobah.

20. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    In Rebels Recon Pablo refers to what Sidious does in A World Between Worlds to be Sith Alchemy, but that's wrong. Alchemy is the transmutation of matter via the Force. It's how Talzin manufacturered legs for Maul out of battle droid parts. What Sidious is doing is clearly Sith Sorcery, which is something completely different. Someone like Pablo should know the difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MrDarth0 likes this.
  21. panki

panki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    I am really curious about that scene where Ezra sees his parents....is it in the past? Or are there parallel timelines that can co-exist for some time but eventually fade out? Or is it some afterlife spirit world?

Ezra's parents last saw him when he was younger so its strange how they recognized him, and even looked worried when he almost opened the world between worlds for Palpatine. Obviously his parents had seen him and understood his decision as his mother can be heard saying she loved him....but I wonder where Ezra would have gone if he had opened the door and gone to his parents.

22. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Probably the past. Its possible what we saw in the portal was inaccurate though. Palpatine might have been somehow manipulating it. It wouldn't be the first time Ezra heard/saw his parents after they died either. There were some strange force shenanigans afoot.

23. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Palpatine tried tricking Ezra by using a fake hologram image of his pre-deformed self, to make himself appear less threatening, but it also appears that Palpatine may use this image of himself for public appearances since we saw him back on Empire day earlier in the series using his CW look. Also Maul already used the "harmless old man" deception which I don't think Sheev was entirely aware what exactly occurred, especially in detail. Moreover Ezra also recently encountered the ugly evil Palpatine in the Void. Not really sure how Palpy thought his ruse would work.

The whole battle planning, and high risk stakes and casualties and manner of which Ezra was fighting seemed clearly more aligned with the way Maul trained Ezra than Kanan. Only he was just one of them penned Jedi that cross both the light and dark sides and remain good.

Ezra's parents seemed to also have a degree of consciousness where he was contacting them and they him. They also accepted his light side choice as the right one when he refused Palpatine . I didnt like how Palpatine could unlock the cuffs and yet could not Force push Ezra back when he was running at him all angry and stuff.* Remember Palpatine's hologram can Force choke beings like Dooku from great distances. All in all its more Harry Potter inspired fan fiction than conventional Star Wars.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    Vialco likes this.
  24. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up yet. This scene was framed so that Palpatine was literally the devil on Ezra's shoulder.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    Snafu55 likes this.
  25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Too bad Padmé didn't show up on the other shoulder. O:) :p