main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Jacen Syndulla

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    We get to follow another potential neat character now :) Hope he has ties to Kylo.

2. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011

Warning: Language

3. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    Damn now I want to see how Temmin Wexley, Ben Solo, Poe and Jacen interacted with one another.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I hope we one day learn that Jacen has a middle name and it is Dume or Kanan.

Atollon_Dweller and Ridley Solo like this.
  5. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    "Spector Seven, Jacen Dume Syndulla! Put Chopper down, NOW!" Just rolllllls off the tongue. :p

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  6. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Yeah I don't get the design for this character. He looks like a creepy leprechaun or, as pointed out in the caption thread, an oompa loompa. Granted, I don't know how one would design a 50/50 noodle headed green alien and a human. Maybe make him a Twi'lek with Kanan's facial features?

7. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    They could have given him green skin at least, after his mum.

But I guess they wanted him to look more human so people know he is Kanan's son.

Atollon_Dweller and Roosterq like this.
  8. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    It's a bit confusing as to how he could fit into the story as a force user and not either be a part of Luke's new academy, or fall to the dark side and be apart of TKoR. I suspect his story will be more pilot focused, and not being trained in the force as a fighter. At least not with a light saber. Considering the proficiency of his mother at being a pilot, and the likelihood he has noticeable force ability, maybe he is encouraged to use his force ability as an elite pilot.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I just don't see him joining Luke's Academy.

Atollon_Dweller and cwustudent like this.
  10. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Not crazy about the character design, hopefully he'll evolve into something more interesting. I imagine he could easily be a Force sensitive pilot working to restore the Republic with his mother and bypass the Jedi route.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It would not be bad if he had looked like Cut's children, but I think they wanted to really hammer home that he was Kanan's son.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  12. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    We know, but something similar to Jek Lawquane would have made him look like an actual hybrid rather than just a punk rock toddler.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  13. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    I wonder how they came to the appearance decisions they did. I think this is the first cross species child Twilek In Universe. I would like to hope there were long drawn discussions about which features/traits would be more dominant vs going the lazy route: "Meh, change his hair"

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Cut’s children were also hybrids.

15. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    Huh. Correct you are. The representation of physical traits is even more interesting to me now.

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    It's amazing how often, since the "Farewell" episode aired with that epilogue scene, do we always go back and remind people about Cut's kids from that TCW episode.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Someone please explain to me how Cut's children, adopted or not, look ANYTHING like a Twi'lek child looks (Numa for example). They have human facial features. You can't tell me it's the "climate" or some other environmental effect that causes their skin to be distinctly human.

Atollon_Dweller likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    You can also see that they have different pigment skin on her Lekku.

18. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I'm going with the whole "luck of the draw" explanation myself. Some hybrids look like their moms and other look like their dads.

It'll be interesting to see where they go with this moving forward. Rebel's finale left like 4-5 potentially storylines to build on in the future with the characters, including this one.

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    (Major Battlefront 2 campaign spoiler here)
    Is there any chance he could meet, befriend, and become romantically involved with Zay Versio (Iden's daughter); by the time TFA comes around? Talk about an interesting storyline

20. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    I'll admit it, I fangirled when I found out Jacen's heritage, but I agree that his character design is a bit...weird. When I got my first glimpse of him, my first thought was "OMG, how did a Kokiri from Zelda get into Rebels?!?!?"

I can overlook his appearance in wanting to see what kind of person this kid grows into; will he have more of young Caleb Dume's personality, always asking questions? Will he have inherited his mom's no-nonsense strategizing/firmness? Or will he be an interesting mix of both? I want to find out!

21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Personally I'd prefer if he inherited more of his mother's characteristics; especially as a ace pilot. Any chance he'd be attending or teaching at the flight school that Poe Dameron attended?

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Definitly not teaching since he is about the same age as Poe.

23. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    It said Jacen in the closed captioning of the finale so check that out if you need more confirmation.

24. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    They look exactly the same to me. Just different coloured Twi'leks.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    But notice just how different her skin pigment is.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.