main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Canon Materials (novels, TV shows, comics, games) and Episode IX - SEE WARNING ON PAGE 41

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Jan 4, 2018.

1. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    We shouldn't let the minutiae details distract us from the story especially in SW but personally I have my limits...

I strive to be positive but somehow Rebels's last few episodes bugged me more than I anticipated even though I said I'm moving on several posts ago. [face_laugh]

kalzeth likes this.
  2. unlimitedpower

Nov 11, 2014
    You don't need a fleet. Heck, you might not even need a ship. Just set up a beacon at the enemy's location. And Mart in the Ghost is the one who's directing them not Ezra at least not until the very end with Thrawn and the hyperspace jump. I don't buy that Ezra's directing them all the way from space, through the blockade, and finally to the surface the entire time. That's way too OP.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    kalzeth likes this.
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
  4. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    I'm assuming the space whales are creatures deeply attuned to the Force like the Lothal wolves? This could add some complexity into their behavior maybe making it not so clear cut what they will always do?

5. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I feel like if you call them there's really no telling what they'll do. They may destroy a fleet or just fly around aimlessly or never come at all. They're animals afterall. Ezra's connection with them is what wins the day.

You can't just throw Ezra's strong connection with animals out of the equation. They were building it up throughout the entire series and it has a big payoff in the end. That's clearly what the writers were intending.

6. unlimitedpower

Nov 11, 2014
    Like I said Ezra directing a herd that massive the entire time is too much for me to buy even with his strong connection to animals. I could buy it if someone like Yoda did it but not Ezra. What I can buy is that the Ghost lured them to the surface (something similar happen in S1 in the episode where the Grand Inq was first introduced and Ezra hasn't discovered his connection back then) through the blockade and only then could he exert some control. Ezra exerting control all the way to space is too much for me.

But yeah, I am probably overthinking already. It's just that either way it goes it bothers me the wrong way. But whatever, I need to get over Rebels already. The more I think of Rebels the more salty I got. A shame since I used to like it more in the beginning.

kalzeth likes this.
  7. superstardestroyer-1

superstardestroyer-1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    I loved Rebels and the directions it's taken the new canon. I think this opens up so many new possibilities for the franchise going forward.

8. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Like I said in another thread, the Universe got expanded, so I am for one am extremely happy. High chance we are going to explore the Unknown Regions, and to me that location as well as Wild Space is so ripe with possibilities.

9. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    http://www.starwars.com/news/jon-favreau-to-executive-produce-write-live-action-star-wars-series

10. KembaSkywalker

KembaSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 16, 2016
    Nice! For folks not familiar with the animated stuff, he voiced Pre-Vizsla in some of the best episodes that TCW has to offer.

Dame sans merci likes this.
  11. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    Never mind. Someone beat me to it.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  12. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Very good news.

13. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I floated this idea somewhere else... give Woody Harrelson a series to explore Tobias Beckett before Solo. Like Firefly only better because it's Star Wars. :p

14. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...ew-luke-skywalker-han-solo-rian-a8245706.html

15. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I like it. Maybe set it in a bar.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Watch it be about Mandalorians.

17. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Thrawn #2 preview.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    I pretty much despise Ahsoka.

And she's the least annoying character on Rebels.

EDIT: that's my hot take.

EDIT II: sorry, I'm still on posts from a week and a half ago.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    kalzeth likes this.
  19. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Darth Vader #13 preview.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

About a certain character mentioned in Rebels.
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/that-fan-favorite-eu-character-name-dropped-on-star-war-1823592926

20. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Finished Rebels.
    So, apparently, Star Destroyers < Space Whales. Hmmm.
    So, apparently, people can survive exposure to hyperspace. Hmmm.
    So, apparently, Ahsoka just chilled during the OT. Hmmm.
    So, apparently, half a dozen rebels can hold off an entire base of thousands of imperials. Hmmm.
    So, apparently, Kanan & Hera got over their kissing obstacle and immediately commenced hanky panky. Hmmm.
    :)

21. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Rebels certainly had its fair share of problems and things I disliked but after TLJ it’s like, all the complaints I had with Rebels feel suddenly too nitpicky and non-important.

Dame sans merci and kalzeth like this.
  22. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    Too nitpicky and non-important sums up most complaining quite nicely.

Darth_Accipiter likes this.
  23. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    Vader reimagining the fight with Obi-Wan cracks me up.

24. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    So I've been thinking a lot about the ability to manipulate situations through the force as Ezra showed us with changing Ashoka's destiny. And have really been considering the possibility of what if Snoke had or knew someone that could access that and used it to change the fate of Kylo. Leia talks about how Snoke had influence over him from the womb but we still know so little of Ben Solo's upbringing, just that Snoke was manipulating him from very early on. Just my random thoughts.

kalzeth and oncafar like this.
  25. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I think Snoke was just exceptionally powerful and was in Ben's head the whole time, across the galaxy, tempting him to turn. I hope the Lothal temple was the only gateway to the World Between Worlds and thus the only access to space/time manipulation in Star Wars has already been destroyed. Its a can of worms.