main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Upcoming canonization of Legends characters

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Yunzabit, Jan 28, 2018.

1. SheaHublin

SheaHublin Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 15, 2008
    Speaking for all gamers, EVERYONE!

2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Am I the only one who cried out or had another such audible exclamation when the last one was shouted in the episode, at the most random climatic moment? y/n/q? I just want to watch the episode again for that part.

3. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I was taking notes in another tab and right as i clicked to my notes, I saw the subtitle for Pelleaon. I honestly thought I had misread for the split second before Thrawn said his name

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  4. nancipants

nancipants Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 16, 2017
    *raises hand*

And now I REALLY can't wait to find out more about Thrawn: Alliances...

Barriss_Coffee and vncredleader like this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I wonder what the next character could be.

6. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    *arrives sweat dripping*

I heard Jaxxon is being recanonized and came as fast as I could! :p

BobaMatt and Yunzabit like this.
  7. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Aside from Vergere, which I mentioned earlier in this thread, I strangely want Durge to be recanonized. He was awesome in the Gendy Tartakofskys Clone Wars series

8. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    I'm not sure why everyone is so excited over this? Look at Rebels (massive spoilers)
    Pellaeon is name dropped just to presumably be killed in Thrawn's defeat by a Jedi kid who can time travel into the past (that's how Thrawn's recanonization worked out). If this is the trend for Legends canonization, maybe it's best to let them be...

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  9. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    sorry double post

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Filoni confirms more or less that he survived without saying it outright

11. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Maybe because not everyone is as conservative in what they like as you are.

Jedi Princess and Daneira like this.
  12. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    I shouldn't have asked why everyone was excited because I myself was one of those excited people (over Thrawn, Quinlan).

I just don't want people to be let down the way I've been regarding the above 2 characters.

I've not been conservative. I've read the new canon, read all of Dark Disciple (and how they turned Quinlan into a mass murderer who was reinstated to Jedi Master). I've watched Rebels. I try to go in with an open mind as much as I can, although at some point I want to vote with my dollar (thus I won't be seeing 9 in theaters).

I do feel Thrawn could have been handled better. My idea was something along these lines:

It's not just me who didn't see Zero Hour as an Imperial victory, but the people I watch Rebels with.

I think what would satisfy me for an Imperial victory is something like the Battle of Wolf 359 from Star Trek the Next Generation--something like that... (You can look it up on the Star Trek wiki) The Ghost crew can come to the battle late (like the Enterprise in Star Trek), and find the fleets of Caamas, Raxus Prime, Dentaal, and hundreds of other systems are all completely destroyed...

There would be no Yavin base ready to run to. Just the Ghost, Mon Mothma, and some vague hope of rallying others under the face of massive loss. This is then where Corellia and Alderaan say, no more hiding, we are with you, and they form the alliance seen in the classic trilogy.

Skywalker2B likes this.
  13. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Well the way you worded it, sounded like you personally disliked the way Thrawn and Pellaeon were used in canon and didn't think anyone else should be excited for future canonisations based on your own individual preferences.

I mean, basically it almost sounds like you're vaguely ridiculing anyone who could possibly like something that you don't....that's not a mentality I can get behind. Personally I think people can like or dislike whatever they want, I'm not going to act baffled if their opinion runs counter to my own. At least, that's the tone I was getting from your post.

14. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Well that's just not what I was writing at all. I was just expressing a bit of shock, which I explained a bit more in my second post because I realize the original post came across harsher than intended.

I'm holding out a lot of hope for the new canon. I'm going to see Solo, knowing the last Anthology film, Rogue One, was excellent. But 9 isn't getting my dollar vote because I just had too much let-down from 7-8 that I don't feel 9 could ever really repair.

We're 4 years into the new canon, and the growing pains are harder (for me) than I thought. I'm not fond of any of the new books, while by this time in the old canon we had Daley's Han Solo trilogy and Splinter of the Mind's Eye. But I'm hoping for the best, and maybe Favreau, the Game of Thrones people, and other fresh minds can bring their A game. :)

Skywalker2B likes this.
  15. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    This constant hyperbole about the "time travel" thing is getting silly. You're acting like Ezra now has the power to travel back and forth through time at will, which hasn't even been hinted at. You don't have to like the concept of the WBW but at least be fair about what the episode showed us about it.

16. Voltron64

Voltron64 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2009
    Zorba I'm okay with.

At least the general concept of Jabba's father trying to have Leia assassinated out of revenge.

17. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Zorba might show up in the Solo movie maybe?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  18. AV-6R7

AV-6R7 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2014
    They'd be right at home in the Corporate Sector.

SheaHublin likes this.
  19. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Are bloodstipes canon again yet

20. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    It's really surprising they didn't use him in the Clone Wars series, considering he, like Ventress, was created specifically for the Clone Wars, and that the show spent so much time on bounty hunters.

21. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Durge was a bit overpowered though. We already got complaints about Starkiller (although I find these to be unfounded especially in light of Ezra), but Durge was thousands of years old, could survive multiple decapitations, getting blown up inside and was only killed when Anakin dropped him into the sun (and arguably Star Wars Galaxies showed he survived this as well). I can see why TCW staff didn't bring him in.

If this species was so powerful, one wonders why there aren't armies of Gen'Dai wrecking havoc. The official Legends reason, that they were all peaceful except for Durge, sounded a bit unbelievable.

Remember when TCW was made, it was going to be in continuity with Legends (although they strayed from this later on with Barriss etc). The Quinlan Vos references in Aayla's episode refer to this, and they actually make no sense now in the new canon (since Quinlan in the canon timeframe had done nothing shady yet).

Also, Ventress' history with Anakin and Kenobi pre TCW is missing without the Legends micriseries and comics. We don't know what she wants revenge against Anakin for in TCW film (in Legends it was for chucking her off buildings in Yavin and Coruscant)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  22. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    As you've pointed out about other Legends characters, Canon isn't beholden to keeping anything it would rather change.
    I thought the canon reason was that he was the last one of his species?
    That we know of.

23. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    I'm not entirely following what Ezra has to do with Starkiller. It reads like you're making a comparison in terms of Force "power level," but if that's the case you're either massively overestimating Ezra's abilities or massively underestimating Starkiller's.

DarthJaceus likes this.
  24. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Have you played Force Unleashed from beginning to end? It's not an easy game, especially 2. If you felt overpowered playing them, then you are a very good game player. I wonder how many people who say Starkiller is overpowered played the same game I did, where he can easily be shot up by a troop squad if you aren't careful.

And lets not get started on the star destroyer, it was hyped as an extremely difficult move and felt as such in game (I almost quit). Also, many forget the Star Destroyer was already falling via the planet's gravity, Starkiller just controlled the trajectory and even this, again, was extremely difficult both for Starkiller the character (his exhaustion in cutscenes) and the game player.

Ezra took Thrawn out of the equation. If you told people in the 90s that Thrawn would be defeated by a half trained padawan, many would say this guy is overpowered.

Starkiller's "victory" at the end of TFU 1, to save the senators, killed him. TFU 2, now without a followup, strongly implies his clone died AGAIN via Fett. Ahsoka survies Darth Vader, who was fighting to kill, via time travel and Ezra is probably not dead (Rebels is implying he can even survive likely decompression in the broken Chimera--no force fields or shielding doors were shown to protect from the space vacuum or hyperspace). While Starkiller was also shot into space in TFU1, he immediately got urgent medical care a la Leia in 8, and his recovery time was months longer than Leia's.

Starkiller never did anything that wasn't a sham fight rigged by Palpatine or Vader, except in the endgame. Even TFU 2s ending with Fett hints this is all Vaders plan. His accomplishments were a crafted facade meant to trick the Rebels.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  25. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I don't remember Boba appearing again at the end of TFU 2. In the 360 version he only briefly shows up once to capture Juno and isn't seen again. Is it different in the other versions? TFU 1 is drastically different depending on the version you play but I didn't know the second one was.