main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Cae Lumis's Fan Art

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Cae Lumis, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Cae Lumis

Cae Lumis Jedi Knight

Feb 10, 2016
    Well, I might not have much in the way of Star Wars fan art, but I do have a lot of Work In Progress Artwork, so I'll begin there.

First, one of my attempts to create a coherent chart for the Galactic Empire and Galactic Republic, using only Original Trilogy (for the Empire), and Costume Evidence (For the Republic/ ROTS Empire) sources:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next is a Flag Chart I started... but found it hard to continue without either fudging some of them, or leaving blank due to very little information, but here is what I have thus far:

[​IMG]

And finally, these two images are part of a pet project of mine that I hope you find interesting, basically my take on a Post-Clone Wars Galactic Republic:

Post-Clone Wars Galactic Republic Defense Force Officer:
    [​IMG]

Late/ Post-Clone Wars Jedi General Anakin Skywalker (An Explanation: In this setting I've been slowly putting together, The Jedi are given by the Chancellor new outfits to don in the "hopes" of creating a sense of cohesion with the Military, and by extension further driving the message of the connection between the Military and Jedi and sour the public perception... only for this idea to fail after Palpatine's fall. The inspiration for this outfit comes from Anakin's concept outfit from ROTS and George Lucas' idea that Luke's ROTJ outfit was meant to be the Prequel Era Jedi Uniform. Anakin's variant is that of "Jedi General", and I have an unfinished sketch I'm not ready to show of a "Jedi Commander" that matches Luke's outfit more.)

Jedi General Anakin Skywalker, Sans Cape:
    [​IMG]

With Cape:

[​IMG]

Hope you like the start of my gallery!

2. Cae Lumis

Cae Lumis Jedi Knight

Feb 10, 2016
    I finished this just moments ago, my rough concept for a What If X-Wing. Specifically, this is a part of the pet project prior mentioned: After the Clone Wars, what if while updating their Arsenal, the Galactic Republic ordered their own custom variation of the X-Wing Fighter, much like how the Republic purchased its own unique variant of the Z-95 Headhunter.

I give you the T-65S X-Wing Fighter:[​IMG]

I hope you guys like the design so far! I neglected to say this previously, but I welcome your critiques.

cthrag and Tarsier like this.
  3. lukmaneg

lukmaneg Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2017
    Is this made by you? Man, you really got the skill. Keep on working because it's great what you have done!

4. Cae Lumis

Cae Lumis Jedi Knight

Feb 10, 2016
    That's right, everything here was made by me on Illustrator CS6. Of all of them, the Republic X-Wing is probably my hardest of my multitude of WIPs because I keep having trouble visualizing how to refine certain details. Everything from the cockpit forward is clear to my mind how it should look, but I keep having trouble deciding how to blend prequel-era aesthetics with the classic X-Wing Fighter. For Reference, I was inspired by Warren Fu's concept art for a Republic Skyfighter from Episode III for the nose and general shape of the fighter, and combined it with the cockpit and shrouded Proton Torpedo launchers from the Clone Z-95 Headhunter from the 2008 Clone Wars series. however, everything aft of the cockpit keeps feeling unsteady to me, and I keep changing my mind on how to finish it.

Any ideas?

5. SavedByChristAlone

SavedByChristAlone Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2017
    Your Jedi uniforms are so beautiful

6. Cae Lumis

Cae Lumis Jedi Knight

Feb 10, 2016
    Well, last year I begun my efforts in designing a "what if Anakin never fell to the Dark Side" outfit for Anakin Skywalker... and after many attempts and correcting many mistakes, I am finished:

[​IMG]

7. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Enjoying your work! :)

8. Cae Lumis

Cae Lumis Jedi Knight

Feb 10, 2016
    After taking a brief break, I have since made some slight revisions to the Anakin Character design I have made, and thus have included some variations as well. Enjoy!

(With Cape & Mantle) [​IMG]

(Without Cape & Mantle) [​IMG]

(Without Cape & Mantle and flap open, just to show how the outfit is similar to Luke's ROTJ outfit.) [​IMG]

(Old Man/ Jedi Master Anakin) [​IMG]

Yes, granted this amounts to just fiddling around with minor changes, but I felt it was interesting exploring with the design to see what an Older Anakin Skywalker would have looked like. Next time, the GRDF Officer design.... and maybe hunt someone down who can help me out with the Republic X-Wing that's been collecting dust in the darkest corners of my mind that I've been having trouble designing.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  9. lilforceghost

lilforceghost Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2018
    Nice clean artwork! Love it. :D

pronker likes this.
  10. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    I love this look on him. The cape is really powerful-looking.

pronker likes this.