main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Finding Our Way. H/L for the OTP-Together Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Oh wow, this is lovely! [face_love] I adore the fact that you have Hera and Kanan still together (and alive!), and that our beloved Space Mom is giving Leia relationship advice!...and Leia listened!
    So much squee!!!! =D=

2. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Squeeing melting puddle of goo here :D #NyMushFTW

I love the mental image of Leia hanging out with pod racers who think of her as a person, not as a public figure, but what had me squealing with excitement in this last chapter was the cross-pollination with so many other authors' fics: K'tai! divapilot! Renata! It's fantastic to see all these worlds and characters and worlds converge into a single story. Fanon beats Canon every time :)

(Btw, will they meet some red-headed grandkids of someone on that planet where the Force is called Harmony?)

Fantastic entry for the challenge!

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the sweet reviews. This was a joy to write. [face_love]

4. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Sorry it took me so long to catch up.

This was so sweet! It's really hard to see Han and Leia fight in a real way, not just in the normal Han and Leia strong personalities kind of way. But the way you resolved it was just perfect!

This was great advice! It can be really a hard lesson to learn, especially for someone who has spent their entire lives working for something, when it finally happens it's hard to let go and let other people help. I'm glad she had other women to confide in.

This was so heartbreaking, but beautiful. I love that Han loves her enough to win her again! [face_love]

=D=

5. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Okay, I know it's AU, but I'm glad Han & Leia got their happy ending and their happy kids. And I'm glad that her daughter was named Breha; it never made sense to me that they would name a son Ben. Ben was more important to Luke.

I'm also glad that Leia realized what was really important to her, and what she'd been fighting for, and it wasn't more politics. And kudos to Han for being willing to stick around and fight for what he wanted, rather than running off somewhere and avoiding the problem. Of course, any story with Winter in it is always a plus for me!
    Yes, for a peaceful life, he definitely doesn't want the youngest! [face_laugh]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Caught up now! Loved the way you worked in the homage to Chyn's "In Memoriam" and Han's newfound oratorical abilities; definitely the way to a diplomatic, intergalactic princess's heart, and it too will play a role in reigniting their "snarky spark" (it already is). And yet more wonderful homages in Leia's beautiful Force vision, tying into divapilot's and Mistress_Renata's respective AU futures for her and her family. (Trying to guess about the planet... that's not Naboo, is it?) You've written a wonderful and very well deserved happy ending for one of the GFFA's most iconic couples (indeed, the GFFA's first iconic couple, one could say)—a happy ending they attained through the good counsel of a close confidant and another GFFA couple that is already well on its way to iconic status! :han::leia: + :kanan::hera: Thanks, as always, for sharing. @};-

7. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    Sorry it's taken me a while to comment on this last chapter, but I can sum it up in one word: SQUEEEEEE! (see what effect you've had on me? ;) :D) Oh, this is so sweet, just what the two of them needed--some time to be just Han and Leia again, without the eyes of the Galaxy watching them. Good for Leia that she spends part of this relaxing time learning to appreciate something that Han loves, and that his swoop racing friends are warm and accepting. She needs to have more people in her life who see more than the public image.

And good for both of them that they get to spend some romantic time by themselves on that resort world [face_batting] Her Force vision of their future children growing up was beautiful! (and I love how you tied them into @divapilot and @Mistress_Renata 's universes!) I agree with @Mistress_Renata on the names of their children; they make much more sense than Ben! Yay for AU kids! ;) It's also great that Leia chooses a way to stay politically involved that allows her to spend more time with Han and the children-yet-to-come.
    Very eloquent for a flyboy! But we always knew he had a romantic side under the hard-boiled exterior.

What a lovely story and great response to the challenge! Thanks so much for sharing!

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks very, very much findswoman & Raissa Baiard :)

I adored giving H/L a happy-ever-after. [face_dancing]

Anything worth keeping is worth fighting for and I could never ever picture either one of them being so apathetic or out of it that they'd just let their relationship derail :eek: I always feel that you can have your "cake and eat it". [face_thinking] @};-

9. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Late to the party again.
    This is such a sweet story. You put so much detail into these shorter works that they are like little cameo pieces, beautiful and delicate and exquisite.

I loved the idea that Kanan and Hera became friends with Han and Leia. They would mesh together well; Han is more their age and Leia is definitely part of the "crowd they run with." Of course, I love the whole AU idea of Hera and Kanan having their well-deserved happiness. They belong together. Hera would be a wonderful addition to the Leia-Winter sisterhood.

And speaking of AU, I am tickled that Han and Leia have two children who don't cause them grief and suffering. I haven't met Evan yet but I assume he is from @Mistress_Renata's story (It's on my list! But I can barely do anything from late August to, well, now, thank you snow days, almost July). I was so delightedly surprised to see Breha (and a mention of Blue!) in your story, but you were the one who inspired them in the first place, so it's fitting.

Most importantly, I love the way you sat Han and Leia down and made them work out their problems until they fixed them. No running off to bury themselves in politics or smuggling or whatever avoidance things they did to put that terrible strain between them. They both gave in so that the two of them as a couple would be stronger. That's how it should have been. They had a wonderful love and you gave them the life they should have had.

Again, wonderful and romantic. Loved this story!@};-@};-

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    divapilot Thanks for ttaking time out to read and leave such a lovely comment. @};- [:D]

"You put so much detail into these shorter works that they are like little cameo pieces, beautiful and delicate and exquisite."
    Oh that is a gorgeous comparison and so much appreciated!
    I see H/L as proactive and invested in their relationship. Copping out on either one of their parts was too OOC for my taste!
    LOL I liked giving them kids that just gave them the "regular/typical" growing pains not the Darthy type. :p
    LOL it's actually Lando's daughter that's Renata's OC. Lando has a whole bunch of unique ladies gracing his household! [face_laugh]
    Bree/Blue -- [face_love] -- they are firmly ensconced in my heart-canon.

11. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    After so many incredibly clever reactions, I can only say: I loved the last update. Your AUs carry a lot of light & sweetness in them. RL is not always that way. Thanks for always giving us hope for a better world.

Kahara, Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @};- [:D] [:D]
    I love these characters muchly and give them the endings /consequences I think they deserve and have striven for. :)

13. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Nice story
    I like the combination of old and new EU with both Winter and Hera being there for Leia to give her advice for her relationships. Nice to see Kaanan being alive in this as well.
    Han and Leia are defenetly the quintessential SW couple and its allways nice to get some additional insight into their relationship. Loved the shout out to divas Breha and Blue as well.
    Great work:)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I like merging the old and new particularly inclusive of characters that I like in each. :cool: