main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "Show some respect...", 12 mini-vignettes on the death of Nagina (19 BBY)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    That reaction is so high school. Not even high school. 3rd grade, max.

DarthUncle and AzureAngel2 like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Sure 'nuff. :p

DarthUncle and AzureAngel2 like this.
  3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    A new update, because I am not online in the weekend, @DarthUncle, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @Darth_Furio, @Kahara, @Cowgirl Jedi 1701, @Darth Gangrenous & @brodiew :

9. Maul on Malachor

The dust of ages burned in his throat, but Maul did not mind that. He had breathed in the ash of these Sith warriors before, tasted their ancient wrath and pain until it had merged with his own feelings. This natural coup de poudre had turned him into a soulless warrior, steeled him against benevolence, mercy and forgiveness. The bokor – dark sorcerer - who had done this to him was no other than Sheev Palpatine himself.

The large Zabrak snarled, revealing his yellowish teeth.

Just moments ago he had crashed into an underground cave and straight onto the ancient battle field. He was trapped inside his pilot seat, at least for now. Blood ran out of his broken nose making it difficult to breath. But it did not bother him. Something else did.

“Too soon, little sister!” he mumbled as he felt her die light years away from him. “Too soon!”

Of course Nagina was not his relative by blood. Fate and the dark side of the Force had created a strong bond between them. For at least a decade they had grown up together. The approach of adulthood and a forbidden kiss had turned their world upside down.

The former Sith lord licked over his split underlip, tasting blood. His eyes remained tearless. As a toddler he had learned that crying achieved nothing. Only vengeance did, the only true constant in his life.

He closed his eyes, summoning the image of a much younger Nagina, her hands pressed against her sides. Her fire had burned so strongly in her Palpatine veins. With a lot of courage and dignity she had explained why she had to see the place where the Great Purge of Malachor had taken place. And her uncle had listened to her, a paternal smile painted on his thin lips.

“You should never have come with us, little sister,” the large Zabrak muttered. “It left a stain on your soul.”

Maul sighed, remembering her haunted face as she had gazed over the eerie battle field. An activated cross-guard sabre had been in her trembling right hand, the green light unstable and threefold.

Knowledge had always worked different for Nagina. Had made her more compassionate and forgiving with others.

“Well, I always did my thing and you did yours,” he spoke into the silence around him. “Soon I will conduct a ritual for you. Mother Talzin taught me that the ti bon ange remains with the body for nine days after death. Only then it is released to face the Force and accounts for its sins. But I cannot do much for your gros bon ange. I hope that your uncle will show mercy there and give you a proper burial rite.”

Determined the Zabrak freed himself from the ship wreck, sending a mighty roar through the underground cave.

There was much work to do within the next days. He would not visit Lothal were she just passed away. And he certainly had no wish to return to Naboo. It was the safest option to give Nagina his last respects here on Malachor. Besides, Darth Revan had always fascinated her.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    Kahara and DarthUncle like this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent characterization and [face_laugh] certainly more dignified than Gallius'. :p

Kahara, DarthUncle and AzureAngel2 like this.
  5. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Hi there from my sick bed, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha .

Last night I ate something that did not become me - something fishy from the market place in the truest sense of the word- and was forced to stay in. I slept a lot after my trials and look forward to return to work again.

But after all that sleeping, I could not help to come up with an update for this mini-vignette. Since the brother of Maul has a French sounding name & his mother is a mighty priestess, I could not help to mix some Voodoo stuff into SW once more. I did so earlier with Princess Grianán Tjiehennet in a certain epic story of mine. ;)

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  6. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    I will admit not knowing much about Gallius Rex, but what I glanced from the Force Awakens' book, and recently, from the book of The Last Jedi, but this feels like a true character. Also, I am glad to have read there that his huffing, puffing, whining poe-pranked son got rid of quite a few people, including his father. Serves him right, reading your update! Only slightly galling thing: he might have approved of it, the b****d.

I really loved the way Bail dealt with the knowledge of Nagina's death and the manner of it; giving her the grace and appreciation her enemies tried to deny her with her death.

Maul is indeed a lot more dignified than Gallius R. too; clearly there's a lot more understanding there. A pity that only his failed attempt at revenge on Obi Wan helped him see that avenging his life wasn't the real answer. If only he managed to listen to Nagina better who knows what could have become of him. I like the bits of voodoo you added there. Mother Tamzin does indeed have something of a voodoo priestess to her, doesn't she?!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  7. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Especially enjoyed Maul's POV in this latest one. :) He is still very much the embittered warrior, but there's an emotional depth to his reactions as well. And it's neat to see him having some of his beliefs influenced by Talzin and not just by his later Sith training.

8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @DarthUncle: You Gallius Rax rant was wonderful and so was the hot herbal tea with honey you made non-stop since I have fallen ill! Sorry for all the bad cough attacks of mine, especially those that kept you awake.

@Kahara: Your appreciation for Maul is very welcome and so is your feedback. Thanks for finding the time.

Here the next piece that @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha beta-edited:

10. Aurra Sing on board the 'Slave I '

There was never silence for Aurra Sing. Not even in the depths of space. Constantly, a stream of words, pictures and information passed by. Even in her dreams she got visited by the outside world. There was no escape.

Once the metal rod in her skull had been her dire enemy, an intruder. But over the years she had learned to live with the presence of the Rhen-Orm biocomputer forcibly installed in her head. In her line of work it was helpful to catch radio waves and turn them into electrical signals. It was priceless knowledge.

Although streaming anything often made her wakeful, the intricate songs of purrgils made the pale assassin calm. Right now a flock of them – eight individuals – was nearby. The animals had come out of hyperspace with them.

Aura Sing smiled to herself, while lolling around in the co-pilot seat. Sounds, varying in frequency from 20 Hz to upward of 24 kHz washed over her.

Purrgils were regarded as the horror of space travel. Since millennia their travel routes would occasionally clash with those of hyperlane vessels. Unintentionally perhaps, but the result was the same for the occupants of the doomed objects. Death and destruction.

“I hate to interrupt here,” Boba Fett cut in unexpectedly, “But we have to meet a client on Corellia. I just dropped out of hyperspace here at Ixtlar because I did not want to clash with those monsters over there.”

The young bounty hunter pointed at the streamlined, torpedo-shaped bodies hovering close to them. It was clear that he did not share her enthusiasm. He could not even hear the haunting songs of the giants. There was no way that she could make him understand. Most of her explanations would involve the Force.

With a sigh of regret, Aurra Sing sat up straight.

The crew of the 'Slave I' did not travel the Corellian Run, one of the largest hyperspace routes running through the galaxy, just for fun. As usual it was a business trip. And for now, the pale assassin was the assigned co-pilot, responsible for working the communication and navigation.

“Are you with me again?” the young bounty hunter asked.

Still a bit dazed, Aurra Sing nodded.

“Good, then I leave the navigation to you again. Next stop is Corellia.”

She opened her mouth to reply, but at the same moment her cursed antenna picked up something unexpected. “We need to travel to Lothal,” she let out in total disbelief.

“Whatever for?” Boba Fett wondered.

“I just picked up a message from Old Jho to Aves Samye.”

The young bounty hunter frowned at her. “Why would he send Barin’s cousin a message? How could the two possibly know one another?”

She leaned back in her seat, closing her eyes. The happiness that the purrgils had given her drained out of her soul. “Nagina is dead.”

While Boba Fett made an unbelievable tantrum, close to destroying the ship’s navigation computer, silent tears came out of her eyes.

As if feeling her distress through the Force, the flock raised their voices again. It sounded like a requiem.

“This is impossible,” the young bounty hunter fumed.

When they had left the planet, some strange explosions had rocked the cityscape of Coruscant for kilometres around. But they had decided that it was none of their business and had flown straight to Vandor-3 to pick up some boxes. From there, they had continued their mission.

Mandalorian curses filled the cockpit of the 'Slave I'.

Outside in space, the purrgils glowed like ghosts, “She would not want us to mourn her, but rejoice for her,” she suggested flatly.

“If you mention the Force now, I’ll break your nose, chakaar!” the young bounty hunter roared, his features barely human any more. “She is no use to me dead.”

“Death comes to all of us, honey,” replied Aurra Sing. “It just got to her first. We might as well follow as we do not leave soon. Those purrgils might attack us any time soon.”

This was a lie, but she knew that if she stayed on and listened to the space whales, then she was lost to the current of the dark side. It had taken her years to build up the reputation of a heartless chakaar. Nagina’s sudden demise as hard as it was should not have the power to change her destiny now.

Her spice-addicted mother Aunuanna, the Jedi knight An'ya Kuro aka the Dark Woman, Sennex Slavers, the Hutt crime lord Wallanooga, a group of Anzati assassins – each of them had helped her to turn into a merciless weapon.

“This is what we do, we finish the mission and get in contact with Krennic. You were Nagina’s battle-adopted son. He owes you some answers.”

Boba Fett blinked at her.

“No good deed goes unpunished, honey. Look how Nagina ended. This should be a lesson for us. Stay cold!”

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    DarthUncle and Kahara like this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great contrast in reactions. Aurra wants to appear unfazed but she is as shocked as boba is. [face_thinking] =D=

10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: Thanks for the nice feedback! And the beta-edit earlier on. Without you I would be totally lost since a couple of months. Thanks for always believing in me! Like @DarthUncle.

11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    A new update, perhaps @DarthUncle, @earlybird-obi-wan, @Kahara, @Darth Gangrenous & some other users will go for it, too.

Of late my work related stress level and private problems are so huge, that I have the impression that my fan fics are losing their touch.

By the great @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha pulls me through against all odds:

11. Prince Xizor in his favourite restaurant on Coruscant

Throughout the known universe there was an inverse rule about urinal cakes. It was quite simple really. Even the greatest fool was able to grasp it. The more cakes a men’s room had, the less reputable that establishment was likely to be.

Prince Xizor smiled to himself and flushed the water.

That was not the main reason why the Manarai was an up-scale restaurant par excellence. As the co-owner he had a lot to say about the intérieur, the menu and the ambiance.

Soft Jizz tunes played in the background.

Fragrances and air cleaners were used to keep the air fresh and pleasant.

The sound of table fountains helped to ease the pressure.

One thing disturbed the Falleen criminal tonight though. Some males partaking in stall-to-stall chitchat. To stop them from doing that was more difficult than to make sure nobody used the table fountains as pee poles.

Prince Xizor closed his toilet lid and stepped on it. Then he craned his neck a bit. Straight away he spotted two of elderly humans. Their choices of clothes were unbelievable fashion crimes. Baggy robes of garish colour were rounded off by ridiculous floppy hats.

Immediately, he recognized them for what they were: Imperial advisors.

He stepped down again and sat down on the closed lid. His wrist band gave him access to one of the hidden security cameras and he zoomed in on the humans.

One was a gaunt male of relatively short stature. He had brown hair and light skin. Dark, sunken eyes reigned a puffy face.

The other human had beady eyes. His face was covered was covered with something that looked like dark stripes. It was mostly his smile that was disturbing though.

A door opened and a third man, lean and pale, left his toilet stall. “Janus and Yupe. Where is Ars?”

The gaunt one smirked. “It appears that he has gone home.”

“Before the dessert?”

Beady eyes laughed huskily. “Ars was always highly sensitive, when it came to the fat bantha cow.”

“You told him, Yupe?” wondered the newcomer while he rushed forward to clean his hands under the water tap.

“I whispered the news of Mistress Samye’s death into his ears, when we stood at the pissoir together.”

Prince Xizor’s eyes widened in shock, while ugly laughter from three throats sounded the large room. None of his agents and larbins had been able to break this horrendous news to him. Why did he pay them so generously, when all he needed were bull sessions like this? Talk, that was not meant for his ears at all.

Frantically listening to the three men outside, he tried to make out more details. Who had done it and why? But there was only laughter still, gleeful and terrible.

There had been chaos in the city last night. Unexplained explosions at military strategic places had taken place. There had been complete radio silence from the palace. But in less than 48 hours Tarkin and Vader had put things back in order. In the aftermath it all seemed to be a big spring cleaning action.

Guilt rose in the Falleen criminal. It had never occurred to him that his friend Nagina, a very special lady, had been in any kind of danger. She had been on Lothal, too far away to be a political pawn for anybody.

The voices started talking again, but he did not even bother to look into his small portable monitor.

“Perhaps poor Ars had a crush on her.”

“On that butterball? No, he is but a fan boy. He would even wear the master´s dirty underwear if he could.”

“I know via private channels that Ars was on Lothal to propose to her. She turned him down.”

“Nagina never knew what was good for her, if you ask me.”

His right hand curled into a fist. She would be avenged. He was sure that Jabba Desilijic Tiure, a potential Tatooine business partner of his, would back him up. During the Clone Wars Nagina had travelled to the mighty underworld boss to help him out with his traumatised son.

Still laughing, the three Imperial advisors left the rest rooms and, unknown to them, the brooding Prince Xizor behind.

(Extra information: The Imperial advisors are Janus Greejatus, Yupe Tashu and Veris Hydan.)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= those gossipy Imperials sure have snippy rude things to say. Xizor's place sounds upscale and very much a popular eatery.

13. DarthUncle

Mar 20, 2005
    that must be a terrible way for a well paying Falleen to find out a favourite has suffered, through old smelly know-it all's as you only wanted to go check out the loo of your fancy establishment!

How do you manage to make it funny and heartbreaking at the same time?! Well done. As the creator of Nagina, could you get us a meal there? :D

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: That famous restaurant is described in Wookiepediea. Even a food list/ menu exists. I am not very often inside the gents. Just did that in my younger days when I desperately needed a pee during concerts or going out to other places.

And since my ex always wondered what ladies do in the rest room together this gave me the idea to show what big guys are up to and how nasty they can get.

Thanks for your interest again! And your beta-editing.

@DarthUncle: When you say/ write such things, I really start to believe that I am able to write good stories. Also a big hug for you.

15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Happy Easter!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    This fan fic thread is closing for this is the last entry, @DarthUncle, @Kahara, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha & @Cowgirl Jedi 1701.

12. Saw Gerrera on Onderon

The jungle was relatively peaceful tonight. But Saw Gerrera was not since his surprise visitors had left the planet again. He boiled with rage.

“I'm not a terrorist. I'm a patriot. And resistance is not terrorism,” he muttered to himself.

Organa and Mothma had no idea what they were talking about.

The Lasat who had killed the kindergarten teacher back on Lothal had been admonished immediately.

In a temper the resistance fighter kicked against the next palm tree. This startled a nearby Fambaa that was tied to a large root by its rider. It wined.

“Shut up!” he snarled at the animal.

He just had wanted to scare Krennic. But instead of the infamous Imperial officer they had been faced with his eight year older mistress. For a while they had observed her in her home.

Then one of his men had suggested to break into the kindergarten building, a bulwark for Imperial propaganda. The outcome had been messy, true. Slitting somebody´s throat always was. But from his point of view it had sent a clear message to the Empire.

“Stop indoctrinating... young children!” he barked. “Take a stand! Stand against tyranny.”

Those were the motto's he lived for since Steela´s untimely death.

It did not hurt him that Organa had been harsh with him. The Alderaanian politician must have mistaken him with a fellow senator. And Mothma, hailing from Chandrila, could not help to act aloof in a discussion. A snow fake on Hooth had more warmth. But he felt betrayed by the two anyway.

From now on he would continue to walk his own path. He had enough supporters to do so. This enslaved galaxy did not need a spark of hope. It screamed for bonfires, revenge and freedom.

Sources:
    Wookieepedia – The Star Wars Wiki
    Jedipedia, a free German Star Wars-Encyclopaedia

17. DarthUncle

Mar 20, 2005
    Ooh, that is pretty chilling. He clearly gave himself up to his own dark side.
    I guess he too has a role to play yet, but he's not really one of the good guys, even if he helps keep Jyn out of Krennic's grasp in a couple of years,and in the end connects her with her father again; as well as helping the Lothal rebel group find parts of the puzzle of the death Star project. Hate leads to suffering, and the dark side, even witowit being force sensitive.

AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Bravo on getting Saw's convoluted character and motives accurately =D=

DarthUncle, AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  19. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @DarthUncle & @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: You two believed in this thread from the beginning and always found time to comment on it AFTER you both beta-read each little mini-vignette. Thanks for giving the things that I do meaning!