main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One The Official "List Your Complaints about Rogue One" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by BretHart, Dec 15, 2016.

1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Right, so it ended up kind of like that cool shot of Jyn and the others running on the beach in front of the AT-ACTs... only in the trailer and with no corresponding scenes in the finished movie.

2. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    The impression I get is that the reshoots as a whole were based on simplifying and shortening the Scarif section and expanding the earlier sections. Honestly I think that really makes a lot of sense when you consider that theres more dramatic substance to the lead characters storys pre Scarif which acts more as a cap.

3. Stuburnell12

Stuburnell12 Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2017
    Personally ..the scene with bor gullet was my least favorite part. Had no back story no explanation as to what it was doing there. Plus the CGI when the tentacles go around the pilots head just didn't work for me

4. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Not sure about complaints, it's all so brilliant. I guess Bor Gullet is rather random, although it's quite cool too, that Saw had a rare mind weapon for his cause.
    Kinda sad they both were incinerated though. Poor Bor Gullet.

MS1 and ZodaEX like this.
  5. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    After re watches, the Bor Gullet scene doesn't hold up well to me and it does feel like the weakest scene of the movie. It's also rather inconsequential, despite the dialogue mentioning side effects.

6. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Yes, Bodhi recovers fully in spite of Saws' warning that he would lose his mind.

La Calavera likes this.
  7. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    Maybe I overlooked this but I had been under the impression that Saw expected Bodhi to lie and told him the consequences. Apparently he did not lie, hence he didn't loose his mind.

Kind of reminded me of Logan's Run. The city computer had expected Logan to lie and thought that the extraction process had turned Logan into a mental vegetable - which didn't happen because he told the truth.

Dagobahsystem and MS1 like this.
  8. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Bodhi doesn't lose his mind, but he's apparently been pretty out of it for a while in his cell when the others get put into the cell next to him. It takes quite a bit for him to snap out of it and acknowledge that he's the pilot. And it seems like Saw should have realized Bodhi was telling the truth as soon as he watched the recording from Galen Erso. Anyway, I'd agree this is one of the only scenes in RO that doesn't really need to be there.

Dagobahsystem and MS1 like this.
  9. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I like the Bor Gullet scene, it's one of the clear examples of Saw's extremism and paranoia going way too far. He can't trust Bodhi enough to just play the recording, he has to subject him to mental torture first.

Poor Bor Gullet though, he most likely went down with his master. Unless they had a spare U-wing, but he probably wouldn't have fit. ;)

MS1 and ZodaEX like this.
  10. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I think my biggest nitpick surrounding Bodhi is how many times they say pilot.

ZodaEX and Avnar like this.
  11. castlecrasher2

castlecrasher2 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 31, 2018
    I'm the Pilot: a Pilot Story

ZodaEX and AndyLGR like this.
  12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    [​IMG]

13. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I would have preferred Krennic to be an equal to Tarkin. Someone who has the ruthlessness, ambition and ability to be a real threat to Tarkin's position instead of coming off as somewhat of a sniveling toady type.

14. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    Krennic to not have died... maybe seen again somewhat but it does make sense.. Really got involved though in battle.. walking around doesn't care. But yeah the death I'd prefer to see more of him.

15. JeeediMoriah

JeeediMoriah Jedi Master star 1

Apr 23, 2014
    I loved the movie, it's my second favorite SW film ever. That being said, I think Saw deserved more exposition and a different characterization. That part where he snaps back his breathing mask is comical not menacing like it was meant to be. And yeah, Bor Gullet seemed a little silly to me as well.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  16. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Why exactly does General Draven command Cassian to kill Galen as opposed to extract him? Are the Rebels under the impression that the Death Star hasn't been completed and therefore need Galen dead in order to slow the Empire down?

Rennzwerg likes this.
  17. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Perhaps they just want to execute him pre-emptively, for his supposed crimes against the Galaxy? Additionally, if he's built them a Death Star, he could possibly construct more weapons, as well as improving the DS as it is.

Taking him out deprives the Empire of his genius, and punishes him for his actions.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  18. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    I guess my underlying question is why wouldn't they extract him in order to learn about the Death Star and any other Imperial projects he worked on?

19. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    That's a good point actually. Maybe they consider infiltrating the Eadu facility and extracting him successfully is just too risky a mission, and want an easy way to take him off the board?

20. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    I'm mostly ok with it, since it provides Cassian with some good moral ambiguity, but it makes less sense in the larger context of the narrative.

21. mirrorbright

mirrorbright Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 14, 2016
    My understanding is that the Rebellion basically had bad intel about DC at the beginning. As the movie tells us, they believe Galen is critical for the development of the weapon. So, Draven makes a (bad) call to have Cassian take him out because he thought they're still making the weapon and that Galen's still essential for it. Even after Cassian tells him the weapon is fully functional and that Jedha City was destroyed, Draven tells him to proceed (again, bad call), regardless of that fact. In my opinion, Draven saw no other way at that point (we're talking about Eadu). Considering this facility was well-guarded (from what I can tell), he probably thought extraction wouldn't work anyway and the squadron was already on its way there.

22. Darth Voorhees

Darth Voorhees Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2017
    A VERY slow start and Krennic dying.

23. ObiSpamBaloney

ObiSpamBaloney Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 12, 2014
    How could the blind guy take out storm troopers with just a wooden staff. That seems way too unrealistic.

Darth Voorhees likes this.
  24. ObiSpamBaloney

ObiSpamBaloney Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 12, 2014
    Mon Motha's neck was 3 inches too short

25. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    K-2SO was 1 inch too tall.