main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Neverx, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Mr Bogan

Mr Bogan Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 28, 2016
    Not me. It gets tiring that every friendship (hetero, homo or droid :p ) has to have romantic relevance. And one of the things I enjoy about Star Wars is that there are many (main) characters who simply have (sometimes very strong) bonds with others, without romantic relations being part of the equation. Even when fans keep shipping them. Sabine is a good exemple. She was shipped with just about everyone else, male or female, bar the droids. And in the end, it was all about friendship and caring for one another.

I see Kallus and Zeb like I see the Casablanca ending, with Bogart, the french policeman and the famous line: "Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship"

2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Zeb and Kallus.. Never crossed my mind for a sec..

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Really? Did you at least hear about that Ship?

4. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Nope.

MrDarth0 likes this.
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    For Canadian viewers, who have been a week behind on all this, on Monday March 12, Disney XD Canada is showing all of Rebels Season 4 from 2:30 PM to 10:30 PM. The whole thing! Culminating in the 1st airings of "Fools Hope" and "Family Reunion - and Farewell" from 9 to 10:30 (then "Fools Hope" and "Family Reunion - and Farewell" on again at 12 to 1:30 AM and then 4:30 AM to 6 AM!)

Definitely have to get in a chunk of Rebels (re)watching again pretty much all monday, yay!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  6. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-mystery-of-ahsoka-tano-will-remain-a-mystery-for-a-1823625774

The final moments of Star Wars Rebels left fans with a lot to talk about. Where are certain characters? What happened to others? And what’s been happening in the Star Wars universe? Those answers may come in time but one specific mystery, in regards to Ahsoka Tano, will remain just that.

At the end of Rebels, the story skips past the events of the original trilogy. After the battle of Endor, Ahsoka Tano, the former apprentice to Anakin Skywalker, reappears after what we assume is a long time. Sabine Wren leaves Lothal with her to go find Ezra Bridger. Which raises a ton of questions, not the least of which are: Where has Ahsoka been all this time and why does she look like that?

We spoke to Rebels executive producer Dave Filoni about the finale and one of the many interesting tidbits he provided was in regard to Ahsoka and her costume.

I get a lot of requests to release designs so that people can make costumes and I’m always very in favor of that. Except this time,” Filoni told io9. “[Ahsoka’s new outfit] is the only one I’m not going to release to the public at this point. So that mystery is going to be a mystery for a bit.”

Is it the staff? The cloak? The color? What about it is so important, we asked.

Oh, her entire look is important,” Filoni said. “It’s very important. It’s specific to her journey prior to seeing her at the end of Rebels. But I won’t go into much more detail about that because, in my mind, some of those things, while I understand the general path of it, I don’t understand the specific details as of yet—because I haven’t had to think about it in detail yet. And I don’t want to lock myself into promising the audience something if I later go into those things and explore.”

Okay... but, any details at all?

I designed it a certain way with [art director] Kilian Plunket. People are already trying to guess ‘Is it just a staff? Is it some kind of saber staff?’ That would be exciting. We’ll have to see. But the image of her, everything about it was important. Even the inclination of her head, where her jawline was. Everything about that moment. So I think it carried off the way it was intended and we’ll have to see.”

Filoni wouldn’t tell us what he’s doing next, only that he knows what he’s doing next, “for the most part.”

It’s a weird way to answer it, but it’s a more complex answer than what you might think,” he said. “It’s not as simple as it used to be, which I would say that’s a good thing. Things will be revealed over time.”

And, hopefully, that refers not just to Filoni’s next project, but Ahsoka Tano herself.

7. Shadowcatcher

Shadowcatcher Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2017
    I know tv shows always have to be about the "good guys", but it would seriously rock if they released a series which was centered on the Imperial's POV. With them as the main characters for a change. They go through as much hell as any good guy ever does!

Hell, they could format it like Star Trek even.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  8. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016
    I don't think we'll ever get a full Imperial POV show, but i'd love something along the lines of 'Lost stars', which did a fantastic job showing the faces behind the Imperial machine and encouraged us to feel the weight of their losses, without ever resorting to an the-empire-did-nothing-wrong tone. It balanced that high-wire perfectly.

9. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    Thrawn and Ezra will have nothing to do in space for 6+ years except admire art, feed purrgil, and 'greater threat' fight.

Ahsoka and Sabine's jaws drop when they walk in and Ezra and Thrawn laughing together and high-fiving.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think something like that is likely to happen, just not as kiddy.

11. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/lucasfilm-creatives-are-very-interested-in-that-new-sta-1823646768

In Star Wars, a new child usually means something big is about to happen. Luke and Leia brought the return of the Jedi and the fall of the Empire. Ben Solo almost restored the Jedi, before bringing back the dark side. So one moment at the end of the Star Wars Rebels finale definitely stood out above the rest.

In the epilogue, which you can watch above, we learn that Hera Syndulla fought with the Rebels through the battle of Endor and even had a son, Jacen Syndulla, whose father was the Jedi Kanan Jarrus.

A son with a Jedi father? What could possibly go wrong?

Obviously, this character could have major ramifications for the future of Star Wars—but if you talk to Rebels executive producer Dave Filoni, he may be the only one who isn’t thinking about it.

I have not given a lot of thought to where that goes, to be honest,” Filoni told io9. “That doesn’t mean that we wouldn’t in the future. I’m already getting asked internally a lot about it from people here [at Lucasfilm]. Creatives here. So that’s good. I like that.”

But that doesn’t mean Filoni threw the character out there without thinking about it. When he had the idea, he kept it very quiet for as long as he could.

[The idea of Jacen Syndulla] developed, really, through the fourth season as an idea I thought would be good and meaningful,” Filoni said. “I talked to [development executive] Kiri Hart about it and she was pretty much the one person I confided this idea in, until we went to design him obviously.”

And yes, the name was chosen very, very specifically.

It seemed, in a very small way, naming him ‘Jacen’ was a way to honor the expanded universe character of Jacen Solo who just really isn’t there anymore as the timelines have changed,” Filoni said. “I thought that’s a little bit of a wink to people that I know that was an important character. And maybe, in some way, that lives on through this character. I don’t know yet.”

Well, Jacen Solo was the son of Han Solo and Princess Leia; he became a Jedi and then turned to the dark side, becoming the powerful Sith Darth Caedus. Not the best role model for young Jacen Syndulla but, unlike Solo, his path has yet to be discovered.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  12. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016
    Now the series has ended, I find myself curious about the doubled-up episode run for season 4. What was the hurry to get the episodes aired? I know that Hera has already appeared in some of the SW comics, but I wonder if perhaps some of the others are slated to appear in other media later in the year, necessitating us knowing their fate earlier.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Perhaps they thought it was a good way to get the viewership up.

cwustudent likes this.
  14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    the double-up may have also been pacing, this whole season was very serialized unlike the standalones that populated S1-3.

Also one man's burn off is another man's binge!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    revan772 and cwustudent like this.
  15. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Wow... I just watched the finale. That’s it. It’s all over. It’s a sad thought, but I’m very happy with the ending knowing almost everyone survived, plus there’s a lot they can do in the future now. What an amazing show.

16. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    Glad you agree :).. the future is good, lets pray they don't muck it up

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I trust Filoni to do the right thing.

18. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I'm sad it is over but there's a certain good feeling with knowing that it had a proper conclusion. And that there's a likely chance we'll see the characters again.

19. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Maybe they were trying to finish the show before the TLJ home video release and after that the Solo marketing campaign should fully start, as they will have less than two months to promote the film.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s possible, I still think they wanted to air the episodes back to back to make the season feel more special.

21. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Then it succeeded! Seasons one and four are the best! My favorites episodes were always on Lothal. Last week, I watched the first half of S4 with Kanan, second half post-Kanan. Fantastic arcs.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    There is something truly special about season 1. Perhaps it is due to the characters being new to us, but I just like it.

23. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Much as Padme and the Delegation of 2,000 trusted Palpatine to do the right thing.

"The Chancellor is not a bad man."

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    cwustudent likes this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well Filoni is not a Sith Lord so we have that going for us.

BigAl6ft6 and PCCViking like this.
  25. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    What if I told you that the Star Wars animation department was now under the control of the Dark Lord of the Sith?

revan772 and kalzeth like this.