main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Jacen Syndulla

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 7, 2018.

1. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Potentially. However we don't know exactly when she was born and based on what she looked like I don't think she is much older than Rey. So Jacen would be over a decade older than her. Of course it is still possible but there will be tons of other new characters created in the coming years (that will be closer in age) that could take up the role as well.

2. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Jacen may look more human but I think that is in the hair and skin tone. His facial features clearly look like Hera. His cheeks, his nose, his smile, it all looks like Hera. The only things that resemble Kanan to me are the skin tone and the hair. (Not colour but hair in general.)

Atollon_Dweller likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Really? I thought he looked pretty similar to Kanan minus the hair color.

4. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Its only skin colour. We know Twi'leks have different skin colours.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes, but not that different.

6. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I honestly think Jacen looks more like Hera, he looks next to nothing like Caleb imo. pics in spoiler tags
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    You know, I didn't get a very good look at him while watching the episode, but now that I'm seeing these screenshots...he looks really creepy.

Vialco and Vorax like this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    What makes him look creepy to you?

9. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Mama's button nose and Dad's eyebrows.

10. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I'd say he becomes a Jedi, and somehow gets involved with Kylo, the First Order etc.

You know how they say "there's always a bit of truth in legends". From what I've seen, the in-universe shtick they're trying to run with in regards to the old EU (and this is why they rebranded it Legends) is that these are stories of events such as might be passed around within the SWU itself, among its people.

Some of these stories... are pretty much true. Some of them are substantially true, but somewhat not-quite-accurate. Some of them are kinda true-ish, but also with a heavy dose of invention, inflation, mixing with other things etc. Still others are mostly untrue, with a sliver of truth in them here and there. And some... are just patent BS.

Mixed through all of these there will be an amalgam of truth, rumor, heresay, conjecture passed off as truth, conspiracy theory, and outright fiction. To a greater or lesser degree. Just as it is with the stories or tales or word-of-mouth that you will come across in real life.

That being the case, there's definitely room for a storyline where Jacen Syndulla gets involved with Ben Solo, and is involved somehow with the circumstances where he falls to the dark side... and the whole story of what exactly went down is garbled a bit as it runs through the underbelly of society at large, and there are likely multiple competing theories on it, but somewhere along the line, a somewhat commonly believed narrative that emerges is that Han and Leia had a son... who may have been this guy named Jacen. And he fell to the Dark Side.

Hence kinda linking up with the old EU story, but with it now as this urban narrative existing within the SWU, and which isn't quite accurate.

11. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Yeah I think that is a good way to view it. Canon is what is proven to have happened while legends are unconfirmed stories that may or may not be true. Many are partly true. I think that would be a good way to handle Jacen Syndualla. Have him go on a mission with Ben Solo and them somewhere a long the way as people were passing the stories of the two characters along things got rearranged on the retellings of it to where Jacen ended up being a Solo who fell to the darkside.

Lol. If we view it that way though where could the unconfirmed character of Jaina Solo of come from? We will probably just say that the legend of Jaina Solo just got created as people were passing a long stories of Rey.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    SilentGuy66 likes this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Jacen Syndulla would be several years older than Kylo I believe. Whatever is done with his character moving forward, I hope it does not involve becoming part of Kylo’s Death Eater pals the Knights of Ren. I could see him as an older student at Luke’s Academy, maybe one of his first students.

But I could just as easily, or more easily, see him as a pilot in the Alliance, maybe in his mother’s squadron.

Regardless, after the loss of Kanan, I’m just glad Jacen exists.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I do want Jacen to have a happy ending though. That will be hard if he becomes a Jedi or a part of the KoR

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I don't really see why, just because he was Kanan's son, it's a forgone conclusion that he'll be strong enough with the Force to become a Jedi. I mean unless you want to throw him into Luke's Jedi academy; who else would be there to teach him?

15. Shadowcatcher

Shadowcatcher Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2017
    Maybe Ezra, who has actual ties to his father, where Luke does not. I don't expect Ezra to stay lost forever, he just had to be conveniently out of the plot for the OT time period.

cwustudent likes this.
  16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    You mean Ezra's father was a Jedi?

17. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Ezra has ties to Jacen's father.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    But that would suggest that in the post-ROTJ galaxy, there's a certified Jedi ready to train another; and his name isn't Luke Skywalker. I thought that was a no-no.

19. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Maybe in a post-TFA galaxy, but there's nothing explicitly stated in the films that it was only Luke from ROTJ onwards.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    And that would leave the door open potentially for others as well then......
    [​IMG]

21. Sluice Friggins

Sluice Friggins Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 23, 2015
    Jacen was more than fan service or an afterthought. We'll get his story. I can't help thinking about the fact that the TLJ visual dictionary mentioned Snoke had an apprentice before Kylo. Jacen and Ezra are prime candidates for this. Jacen becomes Caedus or Ezra becomes Starkiller. But I'm a nut.

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I really despise that term "fan service". If I wanted to talk about "fan service", I'd talk about the developers of the animated series squeezing in characters from Legends/EU. The Ghost Crew was created out of thin air for the show. Jacen, for all intents and purposes, is a "product" of that. It's not about fan service.

23. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Its my opinion that she probably wouldn't be training anyone, but yes she is active Post-RotJ.

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    We'll see. If not Jacen, I still would like to see if she meets up with Rey.

25. Shadowcatcher

Shadowcatcher Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2017
    The facepalm is strong with this one. Maybe I'm mistaken, but Jacen's father was Kanan, who was Ezra's teacher. So I dunno, doesn't that mean Ezra has ties to Jacen's father?