main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Jason Isaacs' performance sold it.

Darth Dnej, Ithorians and cwustudent like this.
  2. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    So, Darth Vader #13 is out, and presented the new Inquisitor right away. With the time gap, there is really no way to know if he is meant to be 2nd, 3rd, 4th o even 10th, but he is intriguing (still not sure if he is alien of human).

We did get the name and looks of the Inquisitorius´ shuttle, (Infernum), and apparently a form of Inquisitorius stormtroopers (clones?) do exist in canon, so it´s a great start for this story arc!

Jarrus and cwustudent like this.
  3. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I have to say, the new inquisitor's entrance was totally ruined by the cringe worthy dialogue. "Smells like fish". Seriously??? Those are his first words???

These inquisitors are a joke. They are nothing but clowns.

The Shadow Emperor and kalzeth like this.
  4. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Yeah, I´ve noticed too some lines from them that work simply as light humor. I think that line is to show them as disrespectful and arrogant, but what I find curious was the Jedi reaction: first he specifically asks the King to keep an eye out for the Inquisitors, should they appear; but, when they finally does, his reaction is "I can deal with them".

It´s a shame that they just tell us that this Inquisitorius has been highly successful in the opening crawl instead of showing us some hunts. At this point, I still get the feeling they are glorified commandos, fulfilling a very different role from Legends Inquisitors, but the intriguing thing about this comic is that it opens the door for more development for them, so things are still open to evolve from the point we are right now...

kalzeth and Jarrus like this.
  5. Jarrus

Jarrus Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 23, 2018
    The inquisitors do make interesting characters for me, at least far more than some (story wise) equivalents, like Scar Squadron. More potential for individual character development, perhaps? We haven´t seen too much from this inquisitors in the comic yet, so there is room for more... I do hope to see them in action soon!

kalzeth and Ithorians like this.
  6. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    It seems like they couldn't walk though a door successfully without Vader's assistance.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The grand Inquistor is still pretty good though.

8. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    The GI is okay. Still the Vader comic left him looking a fool under a pile of books, just so Vader could take the main stage.

I'd like to see some real friction between the inquisitors, they shouldn't be friends joking with each other. I've given up hope of anything good from Marvel though.

I can't stop imaging what Dark Horse would have done. Star Wars: Inquisitorius. Jedi getting murdered all over the place, like in Purge. Inquisitors fighting against each other to get the most jedi kills. Jedi running, hiding, hunted, fighting for their life. Nothing more than that.

kalzeth likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I do wonder why the Grand Inquistor got the title so quickly. You would have thought that there would be more to it. However as far as we know he just got it.

kalzeth likes this.
  10. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Basically, Game of Thrones-Star Wars style?

kalzeth likes this.
  11. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Yes, or like the movie Predators - Star Wars style. Would one Jedi trust another Jedi enough to travel together? Could they each trust that the other won't join the dark side to save himself from the Inquisitors?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    kalzeth and PCCViking like this.
  12. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Wow, you just described my dream series! (or anthology movie :D). Sadly, it may not be up to Marvel, or Dark Horse at their time... actually, Dark Horse had quite some chances to develop something like this, but even in Dark Times, they went for Falco Sang and Beyghor Sahdett instead of, say, Tremayne.

Inquisitors should be seen as more of a fashionable commodity in Star Wars, considering the fantastic potential they have (both in canon and legends, for me)... however, I do have a lot of hope for the Darth Vader series. The arc is just starting and no doubt we´ll see friction, competition and backstabbing between them sooner than later, if the Rebels Inquisitors relationship is any indication...

Jarrus and kalzeth like this.
  13. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The opening crawl pretty much establishes that Inquisitors are well experienced with hunting down Jedi survivors following the Order 66 purge. The 6th Brother appears to have been around 3 years after ROTS/Order 66 also according to the crawl - which I think creates some controversy for his appearance in the Ahsoka novel. From what I remember the book took place only a year after ROTS/Order 66 not 3 years as does this Marvel comic issue story. So the times are not really consistent gap and so far Marvel has established he's been at this point trained by both Vader and the GI. In the Ahsoka novel he was poorly trained in the Jedi arts and was easily defeated due to lack of proper training and cause he could barely see out of his own battle helmet visor. .

kalzeth likes this.
  14. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    The Sixth brother is nothing like how he was described in Ahsoka either. Basically Marvel have done their old SJW trick and created the ninth sister with the old sixth brothers characteristics, Tall, broad shouldered, arrogant, lacking finesse and relying on brute strength (Although the ninth sister says she is also sensitive :rolleyes: ). Look at the sixth brother now, average height, slim build and has been very quiet. Does he look like someone who relies on brute strength??

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    kalzeth likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Something I really liked that Rebels hunted at was this. The 7th sister seemed to rely on her Droids because she was not the best with the force, while the 5th brother seemed more adapt at using the force.

cwustudent and Ithorians like this.
  16. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014

Yeah he was described as basically a freakishly tall & massive, basically an armored colossus. He seemed like a more heavily armored 5th Brother than what we see in Marvel.

kalzeth likes this.
  17. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    He was most likely the most highly trained Jedi to turn. He was one of the Temple Guards.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    He was also a Jedi Knight

19. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Yes its good that they have weaknesses and reliances. But look at the 9th sister, could you possibly say that she would lack muscle strength, and rely more on sensing emotions instead? I wouldn't mind so much about the ninth sister if they hadn't changed 6th brother. But shrinking him and creating a hulking female instead just screams SJW.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    kalzeth likes this.
  20. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    You know, I don´t have that much problems with the 6th Brother appearance, except that I expected him to be somewhat taller and all grey (he does have his share of blue in his armor). Seeing him in that introductory image in Darth Vader #6, he is far taller and built than the 7th sister and the 8th brother; I can see Ahsoka seeing him as towering and very strong.

However, the personality thing does make me wonder. I can´t really pass judgement with the character having literally said 1 word in 13 issues and having a clear possibility of development in this arc, but in the Ahsoka novel he seemed cruel, aggressive and full of self confidence. The art isn´t really conveying that to me until now, but surely this can change if he gets a more active rol in the series...

kalzeth and Jarrus like this.
  21. Jarrus

Jarrus Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 23, 2018
    Actually, I really like the image of the Ninth Sister. She is so unique and it´s pretty refreshing to see a female character different in looks from the gorgeous young girl cliché. Besides, her sense of humor is pretty weird, and that´s a plus for me.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I haven’t really read the new Vader comics, but I do look forward to it.

23. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    So...we have 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and the new one in issue 13 of Darth Vader....

When will we get 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th....assuming the new one is not one of them.

kalzeth likes this.
  24. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    I think that the Grand Inquisitoris actually the first inquisitor.

25. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I wonder if Dooku may have, on Sidious's orders, taken some Jedi with him to train and turn against the order. They may have been led to believe that Dooku is playing both sides against the middle (to an extent he is, but not as much as Sidious is). That's why they seem to be ready to go so quickly after Order 66 is issued.