main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Discussion Time: Let's Talk About Drafts - next draft?

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Sep 13, 2007.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

Been done...

2. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    Yeah. I can certainly dig that idea. Would we have to pick someone from that same year as the player selected, or just anyone from that franchise ever?
    In regards to your question about current players and recently retired, I think I would just include them as Hall Of Famers. We know that LeBron, Kobe, Duncan, etc. are going to be in.
    I do like your idea though, so I'll certainly roll with whatever you decide.

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    ok, so if we like the "one franchise per round of drafting" thing, it can work with 4 or 6 GMs players. We good to roll with that? Or we want to wait for something else?

heels1785 likes this.
  4. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    Ready to roll whenever. The more the merrier of course.

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  6. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
  7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I should have something up tomorrow

heels1785 likes this.
  8. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    We are posted

9. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    Someone tell me if they have any interest in this.

Fundamentally, it is a comic book draft. It is limited to marvel. There are only 4-6 teams. The power is capped at herald level. Instead of drafting like normal, team runners send me an 8-10 character roster via conversation. I then post the results. Characters not chosen by any of the other three teams are locked in. Any character that is selected by more than one team is eliminated, removed from the teams, and cannot be picked again. Given that there are likely to be duplicate characters, players will again submit their rosters (locked in players + new selections), until all players have a full squad. It would be something like this:

Phase 1

Team 1
    Captain America
    She Hulk
    Wolverine
    Spider-Man
    He Hulk

Team 2
    Cyclops
    She Hulk
    Thor
    Iron Man
    Wolverine

Eliminated Characters
    She Hulk
    Wolverine

Because there are only 4 teams, instead of doing one GM per, you could have a few people scouting for each team, possibly. That way you can have more minds working on each roster (or you could go it alone, whatever).

DarthIntegral likes this.
  10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I'd be down with that.

And, to be clear, Herald-level is Silver Surfer, but not Thanos or Dr. Strange with time-manipulation (or any time-manipulation)?

11. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I’m down for any comic draft. I love ‘em.

12. a star war

May 4, 2016
    Yeah something like that. Definitely Strange is like cosmic entity level with prep so why should that kind of thing be allowed?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, just confirming. That's roughly what we'd been sticking to.

14. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Is there any interest in doing a baseball draft as our next sports draft?

My largest concern is how long it would take to draft a roster of that size

cubman987 likes this.
  16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    1 at each position, 2-3 pitchers, 2-3 RP only? Not much more than a comic draft then?

17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    i think both the new comic format and a baseball draft would be fantastic. would support both.

18. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I'd be down for baseball

19. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

[​IMG]

Yes!

Point Given and cubman987 like this.
  20. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    As long as I get to draft Pedro Guerrero.

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    tunick i have begged you to join our fantasy baseball league every year for like ten years now

and now you run into inty's open arms with gifs for a board draft?

j'accuse! betrayal!

22. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I much prefer the style of a historical draft/game, then the present day fantasy stuff.

23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Whatifsports has 18 mandatory positions, plus 7 "flex" positions. You need to fill out a full 25 man roster to save/use a team. So we'd need to have every GM select 25 players.

24. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Then have it where you can select five players at a time each round for a total of five rounds. Limit the selections to 3 players and 2 pitchers for each person in each round since there are so many great players anyway, but getting still top 3 and top 2 pitchers is doable for like an 8 to 12 player limit at the most.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  25. a star war

May 4, 2016
    So you want the person with the first pick in the draft to select the 3 best players and the top two pitchers of all time? That's pretty unbalanced, regardless of depth.

DarthIntegral and heels1785 like this.