main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit GENERAL QUESTION THREAD (What to read? Where to start? What's canon? What's not? Duros, etc.)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Yes, more or less all of them are

DarthJaceus and Vthuil like this.
  2. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Any particular ones to look out for? I know that the Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook, Imperial Sourcebook and Cracken's Threat Dossier were some of the ones there.

3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    It depend on what you are looking for. But all the books are full of maerial about planets, characters and new species

4. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    Is there any with a focus on Droids? I'd be interested in that.

5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I can't say directly, most of WEG book have at least one droid character or new droid enemy that they present. Imperial Sourcebook most likley have about imperial droids and Shadows of the Empire should have information about Guri, Cracken's Threat Dossier most likley have imperial or rogue droids as enemies

Barriss_Coffee and Grievousdude like this.
  6. AV-6R7

AV-6R7 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2014
    I think Cynabar's Fantastic Technology: Droids would be right up your alley.

DarthJaceus, Gamiel and Grievousdude like this.
  7. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Do "Whills" as sentient beings exist in the current canon, or even in legends? Is there a godlike species that are called Whills? I know there is an "Order of the Whills" but my current interpretation is that "The Whills" is the force - just another name for it like the light and dark side are sometimes referred to as the Ashla and Bogan.
    IE The Journal of the Whills = The Journal of the Force, Guardians of the Temple of the Whills = Guardians of the Temple of the Force, etc...

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  8. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Didn't we see the Whills in Season 6 of TCW, in the Yoda episodes.

9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
  10. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    Where was General Dravistz Dravin during the entire OT? He leaves Yavin IV with Mothma at the end of Rogue One and is never seen again. Did he perish?

11. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    So far he's shown up twice in the main Marvel SW series -- in issue #35, he was placed in charge of the interrogation of Grakkus the Hutt, and in issue #45, he was present for Leia's report to the Rebel High Council at Mako-Ta Base. Both issues take place post-ANH but pre-ESB.

12. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    That comic (if you can get past the art, which I admit is tough for me) is doing a good job of portraying the Rebellion with an extended cast of characters drawn from R1, Rebels, and other NEU sources coming and going from one theatre to another as if it were the sensible thing that it is (for example, we expect Hera at this point but Zeb also cameos in that same scene with Dravin, while elsewhere Luke meets Hobbie for the first time, looking like he does in ESB but calling back to his chronological introduction in Rebels). It's well written... now if only we could get an *audiobook* of those comics...

13. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  14. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    To Utini, and beyond!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  15. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    So I was going to pick up that Imperial Sourcebook but it was 28 quid for some reason! What makes this particular book so valuable? The other RPG books were only 6.60 each.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  16. DarthJaceus

DarthJaceus Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 6, 2016
    What's your guys' take on The Official Star Wars Fact File? I noticed there are two releases. Whats your opinion? What kind of content between the two. Collectible? Accessibility?

17. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Any idea what Kertas and Rismor are?

18. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    Why was Vader concerned about freezing Luke in carbonite if he himself and many of his comrades were frozen the exact same way during the clone wars? Why would he have to test it on Captain Solo if he already knows it works and keeps you alive having gone through it himself? Was it just Lando's particular piece of equipment at cloud city that wasn't so great?

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    That was pointed out by a few people here when the show aired. IIRC, there was no resolution from the Lucasfilm higher-ups. Your theory is as good an explanation as any.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well I mean the movie answers it- "This facility is crude...", compared to the top of the line carbon freezing tech the Jedi and Republic military would had access to.

21. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Frankly, the TCW Citadel arc was way preferable to just about every other EU thing that ever used carbon-freezing for this very reason - it at least tried to present it as a highly unusual special tactic thing instead of just the SW equivalent of cryogenics or whatever. Sometimes one got the sense that freezing people happened all the time, completely contrary to ESB.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  22. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    Though, to be honest, I sorta liked how EGTW had it as what early space travel used.

23. RaptorMusic

RaptorMusic Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2018
    I decided Vader was just being a jerk. He knew Luke would be fine, but since he was questioned...

revan772 likes this.
  24. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Where did the idea that Chewie is 200 years old originate?

25. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Illustrated Storybook? I remember it being present in the Illustrated Storybook versions of TESB and ROTJ. I never had the ANH one, but if it was present in that, this would be the earliest example.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.