main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Have a random question? Ask in here. Newbies-Please read before posting!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bazinga'd , Nov 10, 2014.

1. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    This probably isn't the right place for this but I couldn't find a thread that sounded like my question.

I have been on the forum for12 years and been through several systems overhaul of the fanfic section. I was wondering why this sight tried so hard to discourage new Star Wars fanfic writers by hiding it in the writers resource section and then placing it on a separate line unhighlighted. Even know it is in the resources section I still have trouble finding it. It's like putting adventure stories in the dictionary section.

Even non Star Wars fanfic has its own section directly under fanfiction. We deserve to not be hidden in the closet. Star Wars Fanfic is a whole other section not the afterthought of Writer resource.

I appreciate the work you do but this could have been made easier especially for newbies and us oldies.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Best place to ask is probably either in FanFic Resource or drop a PM to one of the FanFic forum mods.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  3. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Sorry there are two mods that I got confused this was the wrong one.

4. Silver_Tiger

Silver_Tiger Jedi Master

Nov 17, 2007
    Bardan Edit: Sorry we don't allow advertising on the forums.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2018
  5. Silver_Tiger

Silver_Tiger Jedi Master

Nov 17, 2007
    I wasn't trying to advertise. I was trying ask where something like that would go. Thank you for deleting my question and the rude non-welcome after me being absent from forums all these years, Bardan mod. You didn't even read it. Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  6. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Yeah, I did read it and it was advertising sales and an off board forum, those are both a no go.

[​IMG]

Master_Rebado likes this.
  7. Silver_Tiger

Silver_Tiger Jedi Master

Nov 17, 2007
    all you had to do was a slight edit...not a deletion of the whole post. That was rude. You could have just removed that one sentence. you offered no help in any way shape or form. extremely unprofessional. you never answered my question until now. johnny-after-the-fact careless attitudes should also be a no go, imho. once again, is there a proper venue, perhaps a thread, where websites can be shared. please answer this time. most forums do have at least one thread dedicated to such a thing. lightabers are a hobby of mine and i would like to find those who have similar interests...that is if you don't mind. I would like to find a thread or be allowed to make a thread about theories on building real lightsabers and building props. can you help with that? I'd surely appreciate it.

8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Rude? I could have simply spamcleaned your post and removed your posting privileges permanently for the advertising in your post alone. We even have a warning in our Welcome Thread regarding such behavior (advertising of offsite forums). Instead I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt and simply edited out your post. Rude is posting in a forum without any understanding or even acknowledgement that there are already rules and posting standards in place and posting whatever you desire without regard for others or the community at large. Rude is arguing with site staff for simply doing what they have volunteered to do and then telling them how to accomplish that task regardless of how many posts you have, but especially when it's a grand total of two posts in over eleven years. Rude is telling the community how to act when you have done nothing to actually join said community.

As explained to you already, no there isn't. This forum doesn't exist to advertise other forums or websites. If you'd like to discuss lightsaber and lightsaber design I'd suggest actually becoming a member of the community rather than trying to divert folks to your own. Now, if you want to continue to be rude, well we can continue this discussion in the Unban Request Forum, or you can simply abide by our rules and post within our community standards. Your call.

[​IMG]

Master of None and Master_Rebado like this.
  9. Silver_Tiger

Silver_Tiger Jedi Master

Nov 17, 2007
    Bardan Edit: You were warned

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2018
  10. Princess Of Manchester

Princess Of Manchester Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 7, 2018
    is qi’ra a woc?:han:

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am assuming your asking if she is a women of color and to answer that question it is easy. No. She is White.

12. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    Hello! Haven't been here in ages.
    In the, "Empire Strikes Back", the guy carrying the ice cream maker
    name is not in the credits. Has anyone figured out who he is?
    I troop with a number of Ice Cream Maker Guys/Gals from CV-CVII,
    and any other available convention is fair game when we run.
    Thanks in advance.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    He does have a name! Willrow Hood is the name your looking for.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Hasbro did a figure of him after being petitioned. You can see one for sale here on Amazon UK. (Note - nothing to do with me but if I thought mine would get that price I'd be tempted.)

15. EnviousSerious-Rue

May 4, 2009
    So sorry. Didn't make myself clear. [face_blush]
    The actual "actor" in the film as ICMG.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Just did a look around and it seems that his actors name is Uknown.

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It's possible they just used a stunt man or other crew member for the part.

18. EnviousSerious-Rue

May 4, 2009
    Thank you LAJ Fett and Jedi Knight Fett.
    I guess I was barking up the wrong tree. The ICMG character is a bonafide toy and
    the running of the hoods at Celebration's were a unique part of the convention
    experience. The "fill-in" dude was just another body needed for the film.

19. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    I recently unearthed my old Decipher SW CCG collection, and I was wondering if there’s an existing thread I can discuss it in?

20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Have you looked in our Games Forum? There may be some threads there for you regarding that subject.

21. Princess Of Manchester

Jan 7, 2018
    What happened to the sith after return of the jedi?

22. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Due to Bane's implementation of the Rule of Two, after ROTJ the Sith Order was no more. There are those who still used the dark side of the force (Snoke and Kylo) but they are not considered Sith.

23. Princess Of Manchester

Jan 7, 2018
    i was asking this because a lot of people were complaining about this.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    About her being white? I know people like diversity, but it’s not all about diversity. She was most likely the best actress they could find for the role.

Master of None likes this.
  25. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    This is embarrassing. I've... lost all my passwords. The memory on this device is the only thing keeping me logged in. If it's any consolation, I wasn't exactly off having the time of my life these past several months.

Any advice? Thanks