main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT I can't possibly be the only one

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    That's cool. Unanimity is an attractive concept regardless of the topic, or even the nuances of subjectivity that surround it.

But then again so is proclaiming a special, unique appreciation that others cannot have.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  2. Skylo_92

Skylo_92 Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2018
    You're not alone

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Also nothing is perfect.

Martoto77 likes this.
  4. DARTH FATHEAD

DARTH FATHEAD Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 22, 2013
    I haven't watched em in years and probably won't watch em again but that said they're better than TFA and TLJ

5. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    Punk Ass 16 year old kid...

:p

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    B99 likes this.
  6. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Now punk *** 20 year old..

Subtext Mining likes this.
  7. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    [​IMG]

I agree! I love all Episodes I to VI so much. They just work together and the Force flows as one through them!

8. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    Congratulations! You are possibly the only one. ;)

9. Master Endz-One

Master Endz-One Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 30, 2017
    I am pretty sure you have a some people that agree with you, but I favor some films over others. We all have our opinions and have a right to them

10. Your Pal Friendpatine

Your Pal Friendpatine Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 29, 2017
    From the replies you apparently aren't the only one, but this is the first I've heard of it. I've known plenty who love the originals and their feelings for the prequels range from hate to "they're OK but not as good as the originals". And vice versa with prequel fans. I've never had anybody tell me they love them all equally. Must be nice.

11. Your Pal Friendpatine

Dec 29, 2017
    Oops, double post

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  12. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    I don't think liking the entire saga is all that strange or uncommon. While I enjoy some more than others I tend to see the saga as a whole, like chapters of the same book. Same with LOTR: though I'd have to admit that Two Towers is the weakest part of the saga I still enjoy it and it has its firm place within the whole story, both the film and book. It was meant to be published as one very long novel anyway, was only split up for economical reasons at that time (lack of paper or something). That's how I see SW, as one complete story that could not work with ANY of the chapters missing. Sorry, not including the ST here, as I only accept the 6 original episodes as "the saga".

wobbits likes this.
  13. Your Pal Friendpatine

Dec 29, 2017
    I was referring to what the OP was talking about, loving them all equally, which is different than enjoying the franchise as a whole while picking out weak links. That describes myself as well and many others (as I don't entirely dislike any Star Wars film and can find things I enjoy in each of them), where I think loving them all equally is probably less common. Or at least it's a sentiment I hadn't heard or seen online in all the years since the prequels hit theaters. Until now that is, and I'm glad people can enjoy them all with the same amount of love since it is what we all (with the exception of professional haters) hope for every time we go see a Star Wars movie.

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  14. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I mean I can't say I love all of the Star Wars films EQUALLY (like I do with Pearl Jam albums). I do LIKE all of the Star Wars films and watch them all, but I do like some more than others. TESB is my favorite and ROTJ is my least favorite. But again, I like them all.

Your Pal Friendpatine likes this.
  15. Darth Bridge 167

Darth Bridge 167 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2017
    I think the way I feel is that I enjoy all 6 movies equally as one story, but love certain ones/moments more then others. As for the ST, the jury is still out......

16. Your Pal Friendpatine

Dec 29, 2017
    I"m a huge PJ fan (I was a Ten Club member for close to 20 years and have seen them 8 times since '96) but I definitely can't say I love all the albums equally. While I didn't hate it I still remember how disappointed I was in Binaural. After No Code and Yield, which were instantly among my all-time favorite albums, my expectations were too high and neither Binaural nor Riot Act really met them. And I'm not a huge fan of Matt, as a person I love him but I don't like his fit in this band (as opposed to Soundgarden where he fits) and I hate his compositions.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  17. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    lnfkflnrenfkfnrnlnklfrnlrnlrkfli3rh4hro4uhrfl3rf2434434.g,r..t;5.;,4'm4on5r

Darkslayer likes this.
  18. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Sorry. butt typed.

Darkslayer likes this.
  19. Seagoat