main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Poe Dameron #20-25: Legend Found (6/6 released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Sep 4, 2017.

1. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Got caught up on the last two issues. A few problems with them, but overall, I really wish the rest of the series had been this quality. Guess it only took two years to find its footing....

I've really enjoyed seeing Neimoidian culture get filled out a bit, along with some glimpses of Leia's personal history from between the OT/ST. I was kind of bummed at the reveal in the end of the latest issue... kind of just wanted this tangent from the main storyline to keep going. That's maybe revealing about part of why I'm enjoying this storyline so much - the main plot of the comic has just become so uninteresting, it's good to see something completely different for once.

But just because I can't resist, I have to say that I don't find the Snap/Kare relationship interesting at all. And Snap and Poe deciding that ancient ruins are a great idea to use as target practice? Just confirms my view that the Resistance really is just the ISIS of the GFFA.

vncredleader and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  2. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Legend Found - Part IV
    Issue 23

Last time on adventures of Poe Dameron before the events of TFA...
    ...Terex stole Leia's ship with Lor San Tekka on it and Malarus stole Poe's black X-wing. So what happens next?

Well Malarus who has the element of surprises on Black Squadron, decides to idiotically announce her presence before firing upon them. Thankfully, Leia has money to buy a ship from the Neimoidian guy, and Poe is able to save his friends with a little help from the ghost in the BB-8. Malarus crashes Poe's X-wing on the surface, and Poe later remarks it may be repairable. (This is probably setting up why it's back on D'Qar and why he doesn't have it on Jakku.)

Meanwhile, in a moment of clarity, Terex uses a mini stun baton on his implant which allows him to free Tekka from Leia wardrobe and contact Phasma concerning a deal - remove the implants in exchange for Tekka.

Overall, the art continues to be excellent while the story is lacking. I'm looking forward to it wrapping up in two more issues, right?

3. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Anyone think that Kesselian spice magnate and his starfighter might show up in roughly four months' time? Seemed like an obvious call forward to something.

vncredleader likes this.
  4. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    So, am I gonna have to be the one that mentions that one of the fighters in Maccon's collection was a friggin' E-WING?

Seriously, I kinda geeked out over seeing it.

5. Shadowrain10

Shadowrain10 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 12, 2017
    I really liked this issue, I'm curious as to what the next arc will be, I always assumed that the series would wrap up once they found Tekka.

6. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Ya! Recanonised!

7. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  8. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    nOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

9. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Terex has Clancy Brown's voice in my head.

The_Forgotten_Jedi likes this.
  10. BeesInABar

BeesInABar Jedi Master star 1

Sep 20, 2015
    Man, oh man, do I love Terex. Not much action for Poe & Co this issue, but I’m honestly fine with spending more time with that crazy rogue agent.
    And the fact that he’s likely still active in the TFA/TLJ era makes me soooooo happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  11. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    The2ndQuest likes this.
  12. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I was kind of confused by the latest issue. Since the tracker was in the clothes and Terex dumped the clothes into space before reaching his destination, why didn't Leia's homing beacon go off?

13. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    It's possible it got destroyed when he threw it out into space while in hyperspace. It was probably just a better way of giving the reader an answer than having to use up a page or two simply to show Black Squadron flying out to where the beacon was only to find out it was in the middle of nowhere.

14. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Well there were enough panels talking about the tracker; they could have spoken en route to it.

15. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Yay. We may have proof that the Poe comic is indeed moving to the post TLJ period as Poe is talking to Rey on the cover of issue #27.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  16. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
  17. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    This series continues to be my favourite ongoing. Sometimes there's something off about Angel's posing of the characters (ie, they look a bit stiff or unnatural) but I thought the latest issue was a fun read overall. Everything seems to gel well, and there's rarely anything that pulls me out of it (which is sadly something that brings down the Dr Aphra series for me). I think this may be the first time we have seen the Raddus chronologically speaking? Previously the Resistance has been operating out of D'qar but the Raddus appeared in this issue as a secondary base.

18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    A whole lot of this issue was just Terrex screwing over everybody so I quite enjoyed it. Hope he sticks around. He has proven rather hard to kill.

I loved when he said if you forget about trying to save the galaxy you get a lot happier, something characters in Star Wars would do well to remember.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  19. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Poe Dameron #25 preview.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Senator Wan, panki and MrDarth0 like this.
  20. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    This is currently my favourite series after Darth Vader.

Love the art and the stories were really good this year. I'm really hoping it will continue post-TFA/TLJ.

21. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Technically, the First Order is the ISIS of the GFFA.

Besides, you know that ruin has ghosts, monsters, and traps in it.

22. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    [​IMG]

O RLLY

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Well, it's not a hard and fast rule but it ain't his fault. Well, it is, he bought the damn droids.

24. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Sure! Just look at that smile. He's a happy dude.

Senator Wan, revan772 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  25. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    It’s more of a philosophical question, that one.

Are the dead happy or sad?

I’m inclined to believe that being burnt alive will put a slant on his mood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk