main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Knights of Ren in Episode 9

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by dlbates, Dec 13, 2017.

?

Do you believe we will see the Knights of Ren in the movies beyond the flashback from TFA?

1. They will play a large roll in IX

2. They will be seen in IX but only briefly, and possibly in another flashback

3. They will not be seen, but will be mentioned in IX

4. We have heard the last of the Knights of Ren. Not even a mention in IX.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Why does only Kylo have a lightsaber? Are all of the Knights Lukes ex-students or are there other members too? Are they all force sensitive?

2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I don't have much hope we will see them in IX. I might be pleasantly surprised though..

3. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    If they're in the film, they'd be one of my most anticipated elements for sure.

4. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    I think they'll be there... It would be lame if they weren't.

5. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'm guessing they played a part in VIII but we don't know it yet. Episode VIII's crawl hinted at a possibility that they might have. Maybe Snoke deployed them when he initiated the take over of the New Republic star systems?

Well, anyway...

I think if Kylo Ren is meant to be redeemed in IX, which I think he will because there's no way the Skywalker bloodline dies here, then there needs to be another antagonist or antagonists to cause that. The Knights of Ren could be a threat to him, especially knowing that Kylo had killed their ruler, who like their master before had seen as divine and wise. Maybe even sensing Kylo's confliction, it's possible one of them sees an opportunity to seize the supreme leadership for himself and convinces the others to follow him instead. And not wearing the helmet anymore could be another reason the Knights of Ren no longer see their master as one of them, also. There could be several reasons why they turn on him, and could be how and why Ben Solo redeems himself in the end. I'm assuming this is what was saved for the last film, so that the next director had a way to close out the trilogy. I don't know.

Whatever the case may be, there are loads of possibilities. I just hope they use the KOR in some capacity. It would just be another big wasted opportunity that had been setup in The Force Awakens.

M70ko likes this.
  6. TheGhostOfZero

TheGhostOfZero Jedi Master star 2

Sep 5, 2016
    They can't really use the Porgs, Phasma, BB-9E, Poe's X-Wing, Snoke, the Praetorian Guards, etc. like they did in TLJ, I wouldn't be surprised if the Knights will be the main thing driving the advertising in EPIX.

BalanceOfTheForce and 11-4D like this.
  7. MKL1985

MKL1985 Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2018
    I’d like to see Kylo disappear and go rogue with the knights of ren after becoming disenchanted with supreme leader status. Come back in the end because there’s a last ditch effort to help Rey and allies defeat FO! That way he’s still doing his own thing but isn’t into total carnage and planet destruction! He and Rey can work together but go about it in a different way on their own. Does that make sense? I need knights of ren in episode IX!!

kalzeth likes this.
  8. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    I havent read TLJs novelisation but from what i heard it kinda makes it clear that Snoke is not directly connected to the knights of Ren and they're not part of the FO. So if they're loyal to Ben we might see them in ep9 indeed...or it's a missed opportunity :)

TheLastHaterOfZero and rorow1 like this.
  9. NileQT87

NileQT87 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    Rey's vision of Kylo Ren in the snowy Starkiller Base forest wasn't quite literal either (he was in the mask, rather than having taken it off for Han), so we don't know what's going on in the vision of the Knights of Ren. Rey's hopeful vision of Ben's future didn't come about when she thought it would either. As Yoda said, the future is difficult to see. It's in flux. Luke's folly that created the very future he wished to prevent that perhaps wouldn't have happened otherwise proved that.

The Knights of Ren vision and the lit corridor (that reminds me of Luke confronting Vader on Bespin, design-wise) vision could be... Past? Future? We don't know.

But there are a few things in the Knights of Ren vision that are of particular note... Given that some details of visions have proven to not necessarily be perfectly accurate or go the way they are believed to have been seen, the knights could very well could lose masks, gain lightsabers or slightly changed details like that. What is the most interesting part of what's shown in that vision is actually Kylo seemingly protecting Rey by stabbing one of the knights through their chest from behind. It happens to be very visually close to a move he makes during the Praetorian Guard fight (lightsaber through the chest from behind). In a way, the content, but not the details, of this scene actually came true already in the Throne Room: protecting Rey from Snoke along with taking on the majority of the guards (Kylo kills 5 of 8) and that identical fighting move. The guards and setting were just different.

If we are to go off of that vision and the Praetorian Guard killing move similarity, I suspect Kylo might end up fighting the knights with Rey or act to protect her from them. Perhaps they stood with Snoke after all, rather than loyalty to Ben. Perhaps they'll discover Ben's sentimental emotional weakness that is pulling him away from the Dark and seek to excise it.

Or it could just be Kylo with his knights on some rain planet in the past, but that wouldn't explain why he's stabbing them unless he's already killed them. I suspect this is a future event due to that detail.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  10. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Or it could be that the person being stabbed by Kylo was one of Luke’s students who chose not to side with Kylo.

whostheBossk likes this.
  11. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    Maybe this is something that might only interest @The Regular Mustache...

This is what I would like to see with the KoR:

1. The are Ben Solo's friends from Luke's temple who fought by his side and left with him as everything quickly degraded the night the temple was destroyed.
    2. They are loyal to him, not necessary Snoke
    3. If Kylo gets deposed, they are still loyal to him, not Hux
    4. Hux sees them as a threat.
    5. Hux is sick of force users, wants them all gone. Has his own Order 66, so all force users are hunted down.

In any war scenario, you have the FO vs Resistance. All of the Force users (Rey and Kylo included) suddenly are a third faction fighting for their lives together in an uneasy detente of light and dark.

12. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    That might be cool and I agree that the KoR are likely to be loyal to Kylo over Hux. The idea of them being loyal to Kylo over Snoke though is something I'm not sure about it. I could believe it but at the same time it seems like there could be something interesting to play around with if the KoR discovered that Kylo was the one that killed Snoke and that they're less than pleased about that. Then again maybe the KoR thought of Snoke as a means to an ends. They presumably followed Snoke in order to be trained in the ways of the dark side. With that taken care of maybe they don't care one way or another if Snoke sticks around.

I feel like I've floated this theory before but maybe Hux finds out that Kylo killed Snoke and he reveals this to the KoR thinking it will turn them against Kylo. It's very easy to imagine Hux thinking he's got one up on Kylo when he reveals in overly dramatic fashion to Kylo and the KoR that Kylo killed Snoke. Hux's words ring out and he stands there with a self satisfied smile on his face and then Kylo deadpan's, "they know". Gulp! Somehow Hux escapes and yeah your theory plays out, the Force users and Resistance vs. the FO.

kalzeth likes this.
  13. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001
    I could see them being loyal to Snoke out of self-preservation. Part of me likes the idea that he has a few loyal friends that date back to childhood, but I also like the idea below as well.

That or go the other way entirely: They were sleepers for Snoke at the time Ben was studying with Luke, and they have always been loyal to Snoke. It goes to hell, they take Ben with them. Now that Snoke is dead, they are Hux's bulldogs and they are all hunting Kylo down. Kylo has to turn to Rey for help. and there is a Force shadow war parallel to the FO vs. Resistance war.

Honestly, I could see both play out in a "War to end all Wars" scenario.

kalzeth and The Regular Mustache like this.
  14. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    They could easily reveal Han went looking for Ben found out about Kylo's Knights and ends up killing them with Chewie's help until he finds out Kylo is Ben.

Better yet have Lando be the one to explain what happened to them and that Snoke pulled Kylo out of there to prevent Han unleashing Leia on him!

kalzeth likes this.
  15. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Which part of TLJ's crawl are you referring to?

I love that idea. If the KOR made their way into Episode IX, this is the way I'd hope it would play out.

NileQT87 and Birkendoc like this.
  16. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    The crawl, man. It refers to Snoke's merciless legions. And who better to lead them than the Kinghts of Ren?

kalzeth and DARTH_BELO like this.
  17. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001
    That's well and good, but I'm not a man ;)

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  18. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    I don't think it was a reply to you, but if it was, it's not at all uncommon to use "man" in this manner when talking to chicks dames girl-people.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  19. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003

Ok. The crawl then. Glad I asked.

Man.

:p

Birkendoc likes this.
  20. bluealien1

bluealien1 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 14, 2015
    hello fellow time traveler i am also from the 20's :p

21. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    The 2020's? What's Rian's trilogy about? Please tell.

22. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    It might be cool if at least a few KOR came back from the dark side.

rorow1 and Darth Smurf like this.
  23. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    Seeing as the TLJ novelization had Hux note that Snoke and Kylo were the only Force users in the First Order, that has to lead one to wonder how that will affect the Knights in future storytelling and what their status is in light of that.

24. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Maybe they were never an official part of the first order. Maybe Kylo decided to join Snoke alone, or Snoke refused the others to be part of the show.
    Now that Kylo is the new boss those "good buddies" (which they are maybe not) could show up to claim their piece of the cake.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  25. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    I think that maybe Hux doesn't know about the KOR. Kylo could pull them in as a shock right when Hux is feeling like gaining the upper hand over Kylo won't be so difficult because he's so emo.

I don't know if KOR were originally turned by Snoke or by Kylo though.

After Kylo/KOR vs. Hux, that could be um when the other Snoke apprentice shows up and Hux can be like, "Yes! My champion!"

Kylo would then be off center because he thought he was the only one.

And the entire movie should be one long never-ending battle. Like every scene should be fighting.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018