main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series 10th anniversary of TCW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KamenSentaiMetalHero, Mar 24, 2018.

1. KamenSentaiMetalHero

KamenSentaiMetalHero Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 19, 2017
    This year marks 10 years since TCW was released in theaters and aired on Cartoon Network back in 2008. I want to use this thread to celebrate this anniversary this year. While it probably won't likely happen, I wish they would use this anniversary to finish the show with the unfinished episodes.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2018
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    There has been some talk that they might do something for it. Let’s hope it is more then talk.

podjazd likes this.
  3. KamenSentaiMetalHero

Dec 19, 2017
    I made another thread with this that says more. It might get merged.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    We’ll see. Anyway I am excited to see what they do.

5. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Who else watched the movie in cinemas when it came out? I watched it on my birthday and it was special for me because it was the first SW film I watched in the cinema. For many years I thought it would be the only one I would ever get to watch. How times have changed.

I hadn't been into Star Wars for that long before Clone Wars came out so I find it hard to imagine SW without it. Like many I was very upset when it was cancelled and I love it whenever we get tibits of what we would have seen in the planned episodes that never came to be.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I saw it when it came out in theaters. It was my first Star Wars movie since I had only gotten into Star Wars back in 2006.

cwustudent and SilentGuy66 like this.
  7. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I never saw it in theaters. I was one of the doubters when I heard of the plot of the film. The TV series brought me around, and I saw the film much later and thought it was alright. Friday nights used to be frozen pizza nights for my dinner so I remember having a weekly tradition of watching the show while gobbling it down. :D

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    cwustudent likes this.
  8. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    It was also the first Star Wars film I’d seen in cinemas, so it was a pretty special experience for me. I saw it twice actually. And the show remains my all time favourite animated series of all time.

9. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    And yet we were denied some more emotional seasons :(... Love that this came to us though.. it would be so hard to think where star wars would be without animation stories.

Vizzy91 likes this.
  10. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    "I'm Ahsoka Tano".....

And the rest as they say, was history.

11. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Wow, I would have been Ten when the movie came out, but I distinctly recall going to it when it was in theaters.
    Not the least because my mind was reeling on how Ahsoka was supposed to fit into the greater canon.
    Yup, even as a kid I was obsessed with continuity.:p

But I loved the series, and miss it deeply.

DBPirate, revan772 and SilentGuy66 like this.
  12. KamenSentaiMetalHero

Dec 19, 2017
    I was 8 when it came and I remember seeing the TV spots and getting a Yoda in a ship toy as a Happy Meal from McDonald's

whostheBossk and Grievousdude like this.
  13. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Like many TCW was the first star wars movie I saw in theaters and it was one of the few movies I've EVER seen that had me sitting there wishing the movie would never end!

It wasn't long after I officially identified as a star wars fan as before that I was mad into Doctor Who

14. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Ooo, care to elaborate? I’m interested what they might do.

And TCW is what really got me into SW, although I became a somewhat casual fan with ROtS in 2005. Summer 2008 was great. I remember getting the novel and guide, the toys, shirts... Was an amazing time. And saw it in theaters August 15th and loved it. The opening credits with the clone comms chattering was intense and set up a great movie. Regardless what people think I love the movie and think the battle of Christophsis is one of the best battles in SW.

15. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Considering that there is more than one animated series in development (not to mention the live action one) right now over at Lucasfilm, I think it's fair to assume that TCW will return eventually all we have to do is be VERY patient.

I'd wager every star wars thing I own that TCW will be completed by the time I'm 50-I'm currently 22 :p

16. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    As someone who is also 22, I was 12 when this movie released! Wow! I remember going to see it with dad in theaters. I remember the audience cheering when Star Wars came up on the screen. I remember instantly falling in love with this show, as well as Ahsoka Tano and Captain Rex.

I wanted the Ahsoka action figure so bad, but she did not come out in the first wave, which made me sad. I remember getting the McDonalds (or was it Burger King?) toy of Ahsoka's head on the Twilight, and used that as my Ahsoka figure until I got her actual Hasbro one. I came home from school, and Ahsoka and Commander Cody figures were on the counter. Dad had ordered them for me, and I cried I was so happy lol.

As for Captain Rex figure, I did the send away and got the mail order one. I loved Rex, and even put up a video "review" of his figure as one of my first youtube videos. I am not even sure if that video is still up or not lol.

When the second Malevolence episode aired, I talked about TCW with a good friend from school. I remember the first Geonosis episode came out on a Wednesday, the first time an episode released on a day that was not its regular day (Friday?).

I remember being at a school event and hearing about Chewbacca coming into the show. I remember the people I talked to at the time were excited for the Greedo episode but I was excited George Lucas got his own episode lol.

The finale, I watched then went to get breakfast with dad the next day. I told him about TCW, told him I would not wait for season 6...

It was overall a good run, and I have lots of other memories too, but these are the ones I keep coming back to. :)

17. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    I caught this in Theatres with my son. Whatever anyone may think of it, it will always be a landmark event for me as it was the first SW release in a theatre we got to share together and it sparked his fandom. We also had great fun at TRU picking up the first day of issue related figures. We caught all the seasons together or would compare notes while I was overseas.

18. podjazd

podjazd Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2013
    God, I'm old.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Any such anniversary makes you feel old. Especially the big ones.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I had no idea about that McDonald's Ahsoka toy until you just mentioned it. Looks nice :)
    [​IMG]

whostheBossk and revan772 like this.
  21. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    This series brought us so much... and always leaves me feeling sad knowing its over.. We can only hope that they show those final seasons one day.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  22. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Yeah, I wish Disney would have finished the series out. It would have been nice if the Series would have ended up with the capture of Palpatine by the Separatists, leading into ROTS. [face_frustrated] Oh well, at least we still have the Tartakovsky Micro Series that deals with that.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It never would have. The series final would follow Rex and Ahsoka.

cwustudent and TetsuAero like this.
  24. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I remember the first time I heard/saw TCW movie on TV. I didn't recognize Anakin right away until I he ignited his lightsaber but I instantly recognized Obi-Wan and Yoda. I started watching the series while the third season was airing. I absolutely loved the R2 episode and I watched them again and again. I didn't care much for Ahsoka or her fate though.

25. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    I was working at a movie theatre when the movie originally came out. It was a pretty fun experience as we had the 501st come out and talking to guests. It was good times. I actually wasn't that big a fan of the movie. I don't know if I've watched the movie since I saw it the one time in theatres. It actually wasn't until the lead up to TFA that I went back and watched the show.