main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #33 is up: How They Met! (1/28, p. 90, #2231)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    This one runs on a steady schedule (this most recent challenge being the only exception), but I'm willing to handle this the usual way: as long as the story has been started before June 07th, it's in the run.

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I have 2 ideas for this (no surprise there). Ones actually serious because it's a continuation of Mav's last OTP challenge entry (congrats to her and Nyota BTW :D) and is going to take a lot of backstory, so I'm not sure if it will be done (I have a crazy 2 months ahead of me). But the other involves little to no backstory and my OC Elvie just letting his mouth run, so I think I'm going to work on that one first.

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    The OC challenge is set at May 31. I like to keep it at that date

4. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Okay, I have a lot of ideas for this one!

Captain Rakkaus and Ewok Poet like this.
  5. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    That's awesome. :) I was confused about how people will grasp this challenge (probably because I was like "LOLWUT" at first), but the more time passes, the more it makes sense. And it can work with all kinds of couples - not just married people and M/F. It can even work in crack!fics.

I'm getting a Tom and Jerry plot bunny, based around the newest series and Tom's relationship with Toodles. The only problem is, err, Tom's inability to talk. :/

6. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Moving this here...

DOOKASTA. I adore that name. And that could make for an interesting AU, or a love that fails and they become what they ultimately are - a man consumed by the dark side and a cranky lady.

7. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
  8. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    You are the queen of this! :)

I don't even have an idea, as usual.

9. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    One of my challenge entries is up in NSWFF! The Not-so Newlywed Game. I'm not sure if I'll get my other idea finished (EKKKK! SO MUCH DRL WORK TO DO!) but this is the one that needs very little back-story.

However, I do feel the need to include a disclaimer: my OC (Elvie Santos) isn't normally this much of a dirty-minded, annoying, smarmy bastard, but my muse was just having some moments and I could not turn it off. He actually is a good friend to Mav's OCs.

10. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    Just a reminder to everybody - the deadline to post your story is June 07th, 2018 at 20.00 Central European Time (check the world clock). :)

I know for sure that we can get more than two entries here...c'mon, c'mon! :)

Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  11. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I...can't see this happening for me. I am more likely to, say, write a response to the WTF challenge from one year ago than this.

Findswoman likes this.
  12. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    I doubt I'll manage to contribute to this one either, I'm afraid; there's just too much on my plate right now. But I'll be eager to see the final lineup! :)

Ewok Poet likes this.
  13. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Hey, just thought I'd apologise for having forgotten about things. I'll log into the sock and update this on Sunday.

Naturally, all the dates will be adjusted.

If anybody STILL wants to enter, you can do that by midnight of July 01st CET.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA. [face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  14. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I will enter the next challenge.

Captain Rakkaus likes this.
  15. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Here I am, here I am...my Human self will explain what the issue is at some point. She LOVES running this thread, but she got a bit disillusioned in general over the last three months or so. The voting will go up in a couple of hours and I have an ixxl-poodoo idea for the next challenge.

So, watch out for Captain's word salad, I mean, voting post later today. :D <3

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    mavjade likes this.
  16. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    CHALLENGE #8- "COUPLE GAMES" :: VOTING

OK, yeah, the Captain has been weird recently and she would like to apologise for...well, the meltdowns back then and both DRL and its awesome equivalent, MRL aka Mando Real Life. Guess I kind of deserved this, since I refused to change the deadline back in...wait, when?

*ahem*

We have only two entries this time. Conveniently enough or not, they were written by folks who won most OTP challenges so far. I would have never guessed!

As usual, if there are more of you who didn't make it on time, yet want to showcase your entries - you can post a link to your story/chapter and I will add it to the list of the ineligible stories, those inspired by the prompt. :)

Guidelines

You have two weeks to vote. Voting closes at 06:00 Central European Time on August 06th, 2018 (check the world clock). The votes will be counted and announced later that day or the next day.

- You may not vote for yourself.

- You may not post your vote in public.

- You can vote whether you took part in this challenge or not.

- Votes of challenge participants and readers count the same.

- Please, take the time to read all the stories, leave a review if possible, and vote for the story that, in your opinion, fits the spirit of this challenge most.

Once you know whom you're voting for, send a message to @Captain Rakkaus with the subject Challenge #8 - Voting and the name of the author and the link to their story in the post body. PLEASE, INCLUDE THE EXACT NAME OF THE AUTHOR, THE STORY NAME AND THE LINK. I mean it. :p

Entries

The entries are listed in alphabetical order, by author's username. For non-Star Wars stories, a link to the Wikipedia entry on the fandom has been provided for your convenience. For all stories, links to characters have been provided, too, unless they're characters from the SW films, or OCs.

The sock has gone through everything posted so far and left a little supportive "Like" on all stories, or story chapters/parts, if there was more than one. :) I cannot read the stories I'm clueless about, but I support you all, I promise.

The Not-so Newlywed Game by @Briannakin
    featuring OCs Leo and Marc Lyman

And They Lived Happily Ever After by @Raissa Baiard
    featuring Kanan Jarrus and Hera Syndulla.

Please, let me know if there are any errors in the above listing!

[face_dancing] Good luck, everybody![face_dancing]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  17. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Voting is done. This was officially the most disappointing out of all eight challenges - barely any interest, barely anybody managed to pull it off...and only one person voted in the end. :(

Still, I'm pleased to announce the winner - Raissa Baiard's And They Lived Happily Ever After! Congratulations! =D==D==D=

Our next challenge is challenging, but very accessible. I'll post the intro today or tomorrow and I think that there will be a much larger target group for it.

18. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    I thank you, and Kanan, Hera and their family thank you! :kanan::hera:

I guess this means I need to finish this story now:D

19. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @Raissa Baiard -- congratulations indeed! Every time I watch a Hallmark movie I think Raissa could've written that! [face_laugh] ^:)^ [:D]

21. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Congrats, @Raissa Baiard! :)

Послато са SM-J510FN уз помоћ Тапатока

22. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    For no reason in particular, I thought I would add that I have taken up another OTP: Scott Lang/Hope Van Dyne aka Ant-Man and The Wasp. Love these two in the original film and even more in the second one.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yes, and so have I! Courtesy more of the terrific YUMSY!ness written by brodiew and Mira_Jade
    :cool:

brodiew likes this.
  24. nonesuch

nonesuch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2015
    This survey wasn't approved by the mod staff, and as such qualifies as spam.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2018
  25. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    Whenever the next challenge is, I'm interested :)

Ewok Poet, brodiew and Findswoman like this.