main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Policy Official Username Change Request Policy

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Starman (and quite a few variations with numbers at the end) is already taken, I'm afraid.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    If you're looking to disassociate your account from your real name, be aware that all name changes result in a permanent record of the old name being displayed on your profile page. If that concerns you from a privacy perspective, then it may be better to sacrifice this account and simply start a new account.

3. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Thanks for the information ! I don't mind having the information to my old name being displayed on my profile page.

I think it is better than the current situation where a Google search returns 1200 results for my real name :D

@LAJ_FETT , thanks for the info. I used the search on the top right of the page, by writing the name on the field called "Posted by Member:". Is there any other place where I can check the existing usernames?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  4. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Try the "Find Member" box on the right side of this page: http://boards.theforce.net/members/

5. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Can I request to change my username on the boards? My existing one is my email address, which I no longer wish to be the same, plus I want to incorporate my two favorite things about Star Wars (Ahsoka Tano, and Rogue One). Can I change it to "Fulcrum One"?

Thanks for considering.....

6. frail47

frail47 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2016
    Following up on this, can I please have my username changed to this? Thank you.

7. Darth Sith Saber

Darth Sith Saber Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 24, 2016
    Pleaseeeeee?

8. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    There is a JCC campaign for me to change my name (again)

Master_Rebado likes this.
  9. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I would like to change my username to An'yaNovelist77, if possible, please.

10. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Could I change my name to AnyaNovelist77, if you please?

11. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015

12. Shadow_sith11

Shadow_sith11 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 30, 2004
    I would please like to change my name to Black Jack.

13. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008

Jedi Knight Fett and jcgoble3 like this.
  15. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Could I change my username to AnyaNovelist77, please? By around 2 May? Would that be possible?

16. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I get the feeling that you might want to change your username. :p

17. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Because processing name changes puts a heavy load on the server, which often results in those using the boards at the time getting timeout errors, they have to wait for a slow time, usually late at night. Also, they take a nonzero amount of time, and those running these boards are strictly volunteers who need to put their "real lives" first, so they tend to be done in large batches whenever @JoinTheSchwarz (who handles these requests) has a lot of time to kill, which is not frequent. Finally, note the post three above this one, which quotes the rules in the opening post of this thread. It's not as simple as "ask and you shall receive". There are processes and procedures to be done behind the scenes before a name change ever occurs.

18. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Okay. I'll respect this. If I must keep my old name, that's fine. I did not mean to disrespect the rules. I will not repeat this error. I had contemplated the change for three months, but if it's easier for your servers to keep the old one, I understand. Thank you.

19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    It's not that the change can't ever be made, it's just that (as jcgoble3 says) there's a process which needs to be given some time.

20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    We also give people time to change their minds about it. We've had a few who have in the past.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  21. Darth 47.1

Darth 47.1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 1999
    I just have a really, really simple request to have the .1 removed seeing as it was always meant to be temporary but I never got around to getting it fixed.

Sarge likes this.
  22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Just temporary? Never got around to it?

You know your registration date is right out there for all of us to see.

23. Darth 47.1

Darth 47.1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 1999
    Yes, and if you look at my post history you'll see I rarely posted at all in the past 20~ years.

The short answer is I'm trying to post more regularly again and would like to fix it. My original account was actually older but the ISE 500 of the original boards erased that so I had to re-register until they fixed the lost profiles, which mine never was.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    Master_Rebado and Sarge like this.
  24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Yeah, it's fine, I just thought it was funny and felt like teasing you a little. I quit this place after my first year or so, came back about 5 years ago and was surprised to find my account still here, so I know where you're coming from. Welcome back.

25. Skyla Skywalker

Skyla Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2017
    Hello. I would like my username to be changed to Skyla Ash.

Reason: Skyla Skywalker doesn't fit my character. When I created this account, my character wasn't yet completed, so I used Skywalker as her last name. That name stuck for some reason, and it was what I used for roleplaying. She isn't connected to the Skywalker family in any way, and I don't want her to be named after it. I later decided that her last name would be Ash. Therefore, I would like the name to be Skyla Ash.

Tython Awakening likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.