main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The OC Revolution | NEW! 2Q 2024 Challenge Is Up: Friendship

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by OCDatabaseSock, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
  2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Ditto, I already have an idea.

brodiew and Findswoman like this.
  3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Like, an all-new one that you haven't written before? Could be fun, could definitely be fun... @OCDatabaseSock (@earlybird-obi-wan), what sayest thou? Could something like this be one of the small-scale noncompetitive challenges, maybe? :D

4. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    That's what I was thinking. A totally new character created for the mini challenge.

5. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    And is this an all-new character as the lead of a story, or incorporated into a story with your other OCs or ECs? Because one would be harder than the other, of course!

6. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Good question, @Mistress_Renata. I think the character should lead the story, or at least be a major supporting element. The idea of my challenge is to introduce a new character in a ficlet or vignette.

7. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I'm in. Most definitely in.

8. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Sounds intriguing!

brodiew, Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  9. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I might possibly think about it.

Why do I keep picking up the plot bunnies when there are already way to many in the hutch?

brodiew, Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  10. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Create an OC from scratch?

As a roleplayer, this would qualify as a piece of piss. UK slang for "very easy".

Sure, why not.

What would we be spending the words on? A character sheet, or a short fic featuring the lucky sentient.

Ewok Poet and Gamiel like this.
  11. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Short fic if we can get a approval from the Sock. No word yet from @earlybird-obi-wan.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    Ewok Poet and Sith-I-5 like this.
  12. Flyboy240

Flyboy240 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 6, 2017
    Sounds fun

brodiew likes this.
  13. OCDatabaseSock

OCDatabaseSock Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 17, 2004
    I am in a bit of a mess since januar 2018 when my womb was removed. It was endometrial adenocancrinoid 2 grade. Result to the best hospital in Amsterdam where a treatent began. I almost lost my life when during the laparascopic operation to remove the last lymphnode the right femoral artery was nicked. 2,5 minutes to open my belly plug the fountain and get me some new blood. I survived but that last darth-sucker had some malign cells and now I have to endure chemo and radiation. But it can be cured.

My question: can someone take over the OC database until the end of the year?

14. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    @earlybird-obi-wan, oh my gosh, that’s incredibly scary; I’m really sorry to hear that, but I am glad you’re all right and still with us! @};- I would be more than happy to take over the OC Revolution thread while you recover. Take good care and hang in there. <3

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  15. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Oh no! How terrifying! I’m so glad to hear that you’re doing better but I’m sorry to hear you’ll need to chemo and radiation. I’ve been there and it’s not fun. Just remember that you can always find friends and support here. ❤️

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  16. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Oh my goodness! I'm sorry also sorry to hear this. I am glad you are okay and recovering. I am praying for peace and healing. :)

17. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Sorry to hear what you have been through!

I too, am glad to have you still with us.

Try not to think that you have to go through this alone; we are here for you to vent at, and talk to.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  18. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Earlybird, I'm so sorry. :( I have not been through this myself, but a family member was and it's a nightmare.

divapilot and Findswoman like this.
  19. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Oooooh, earlybird! I'm so sorry about this! Take good care of yourself, get better soon, and know that we're all looking forward to witnessing the power of this fully operational OC sock when you're ready to take it back [:D] @};-

20. OCDatabaseSock

OCDatabaseSock Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 17, 2004
    Findswoman, I appreciate it greatly if you will take over until the end of 2018. The mods will have a password I hope.

brodiew, Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  21. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    I'm sorry to hear about everything that's happened, earlybird. Take it easy, and I'm sending good thoughts you're way.

Findswoman likes this.
  22. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    @earlybird-obi-wan, I'm so glad that they were able to fix the error in surgery and that the remaining cells are treatable. That is all way too close, and having to do chemo and radiation too is a lot of things to deal with. That is a truly crappy situation and I wish you were not going through it. Best wishes for everything to go well in further treatment and recovery. @};-

23. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    As others have written, I'm sorry to hear you have been going through all this, @earlybird-obi-wan. But I'm glad to hear that the situation can be treated, and I hope for the best for you in recovery.

Findswoman likes this.
  24. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Hello @Findswoman! I was wondering if you were agreeable to posting the challenge I noted above. Do you have any plans of your own as the interim Sock?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  25. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Hi! Yes, I liked that idea very much, and am indeed planning to officially post it soon as a noncompetitive mini-challenge type of thing. So far my plans as interim sock are to continue the current (competitive) OC challenge to the end (it's due May 31) and the go from there; in this thread the winner of the challenge is typically the one who chooses the next challenge. But I am turning over in my mind some ideas for some other competitive mini-challenges and/or discussions, and I am always open to suggestions. :)

Ewok Poet and brodiew like this.