main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Definitely Not Improved Even More Horrible Than The Last Two Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015
    IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  2. Demsa Aztor

Demsa Aztor Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2016
    Has anyone seen some article from NY Daily News (don't know how reputable this thing is) about someone claiming to be an insider saying that .. wait for this... TA DA!!! Yoda will return to Ep. 9.

3. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    This appears to be the article:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...loved-character-yoda-return-article-1.3932491

I doubt that the Daily News has actual information since Yoda's appearance is one of the easiest to hide. Yoda doesn't leak. :)

Lee_ and Satipo like this.
  4. Demsa Aztor

Demsa Aztor Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2016
    You make a good point... we will see.

5. Doom_Buggy

Doom_Buggy Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 2, 2016
    I don’t believe the Yoda rumor. Why would they use Yoda to visit Rey as a FG instead of Luke? She doesn’t know Yoda & I can’t see JJ Abrams passing up the chance to use Luke to try to please the audience.

Mungo Baobab likes this.
  6. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I could see Yoda returning (with other FG) at some point in 9, but I agree - he's not going to be the primary contact with Rey - that will be Luke.

7. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    Yeah, I can't see Yoda being Rey's 'primary Force Ghost contact'. For one thing, Yoda would have to introduce himself to Rey, which wouldn't be a particularly compelling or economical use of screen time. And there's no emotional connection there, which makes all the set up they'd have to do to make this work seem like a lot of work for relatively little pay off.

8. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    It would be quite funny if Rey is speaking to Luke and then Yoda appears, to which she asks "What's that?" with a look of shock.

9. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Totally agree. That said, maybe Luke will give Rey some information that will confuse and/or upset Rey and as she's trying to sort it out Yoda shows up and helps clarify things? Maybe Yoda could serve as an impartial third party that could help Rey understand what Luke has said and done? Maybe there are things that Luke can't bring himself to tell Rey and so Yoda shows up and is all, "this is why Skywalker is acting cryptic. I'm here to tell it to you straight."

rorow1 and Mungo Baobab like this.
  10. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    Yeah, that would be a creative way of including him. As you say though, I think that you'd need Luke's involvement in order to make this work. Yoda just showing up on his own seems odd to me.

Satipo and The Regular Mustache like this.
  11. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    I've been saying since TFA, and nobody seems to believe it, but there will be NO Human Force Ghosts in any Disney Star Wars movie. They don't want to take the chance of it being banned in China. China doesn't "allow" portrayal of human spirits in their films, and often ban or censor foreign films that do.
    Yoda isn't human. He is good to go in the China market.

12. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    It will be the trio returning, but this time Luke will be with them- Anakin, Obi, and Yoda. Like the end of ROTJ, only with Luke.

Well, it COULD happen.....

"Acting cryptic, young Skywalker may be. Straight I will be with you, Rey."

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  13. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    That would be extremely silly. Force ghosts -and human force ghosts- are parts of SW identity. That would be a disappoitment if Disney chose that path for marketing reasons. Honestly i can't see that happening but it's such a crazy world so who knows. Are you sure about what you are saying? 100% sure of this "rule"? There must be a lot of movies with human ghosts that were released in China? Anyone else has any idea on this subject? Any banned movies because of this???

EDIT: ok i checked it and now i remember i've already heard about it before. But Coco wasn't banned it seems....anyway....maybe force ghosts are different enough storywise/symbolically-wise from your typical earth ghost so that it wouldn't be problem? And wouldn't be seen as "ghosts" in the traditional sense?
    But Frankly, if JJ was told not to unclude any human force ghost because of that, that would be a very unwise decision to say the least.

14. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    If that;s the case, I reckon they would just Gandalf the White Luke then.

15. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    I've taken a good long break from SW after watching TLJ in the theaters, so I'm not up to speed on any rumors. Any chance of a certain card playing scoundrel finally making his appearance?

16. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    My strange issue with Yoda and Rey is that Rey already has a small alien strong with the Force as a guide: Maz. And I think that relationship needs to come back around in IX.

Maz said she's no Jedi (so she can't help Rey there) but she *knows the Force* and is over 1000 years old? Maz pointed Rey on this path whereas Rey and Yoda haven't even met.

cwustudent likes this.
  17. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Yoda and Obi-Wan have both already spoke to Rey, during the force vision in TFA. Are people forgetting the dialog in Rey's vision?

So Yoda appearing visibly to her in 9 would not be that strange. Yoda clearly has been watching and knows Rey in TFA and TLJ. And through the Force she'd surely be able to sense who he is when he appears to her.

Maybe they go the Yoda talks to Rey and Luke talks to Kylo route in 9.

18. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Maybe it's a Luke and Yoda scene?

Frank Oz had mentioned somewhere (can;t recall now) that when asked about IX, he said Yoda would have to be CGI... that Puppet Yoda required too much rehearsal.

19. afrojedi

afrojedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2015
    It just doesn't seem like two people who are one with the Force should need to have conversations with each other.

20. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    Actually, I think that Obi-Wan was the only one who spoke directly to Rey. The others were echoes in the Force. Kind of like how Ezra heard all these echoes in the Force in the um time travel Rebels episode. But my point was Maz vs. Yoda, and I fear too much Yoda and too little Maz. Yoda was Luke's guru. Maz is Rey's.

cwustudent likes this.
  21. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I don't know............."When 900 years old YOU reach, hold it as long YOU will not!" :p

...But seriously...

I hope this isn't true, it seems better if Yoda only appears in TLJ. To Luke-cos he was Luke's mentor. To me that just seemed fitting.

22. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Director Ava DuVernay just tweeted this, with this picture. Is this real? How has no website picked up on this yet? She posted it about thirty minutes ago. Is she directing Episode 9 now?:
    Happy to share this historic news. A black woman directing stories in a galaxy far, far away. First unit director #JJAbrams. Second unit director @VictoriaMahoney. #StarWarsE9 #StarWars

[​IMG]

Senator Wan, Lost_Hope and oncafar like this.
  23. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    So if she is not 1st or 2nd unit director, she is the main director? And this is for IX? I seek 'yes' to all these questions.

24. NileQT87

NileQT87 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    That just says she's 2nd unit. That's not the main director. That's still J.J. Abrams. The main director typically does all the major scenes. 2nd unit often does non-closeup location filming or scenes the main director is too busy to do. Sometimes those shots are quite famous (like Han coming out of Carbonite was 2nd unit--but that film was partly ghost directed by Lucas in place of Marquand anyway), but often times it's the in-between or non-major stuff.

25. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    Oh it's about Victoria not Ava. Got it. I don't know what unit directors are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.