main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Fairly new fan

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by MyMotherTalzin, Apr 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyMotherTalzin

MyMotherTalzin Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2018
    Hello to all!

I'm Jada and a fairly new fan to Star Wars.

I credit the new female-centric ethos of the new saga for that. It's wonderful to see women in power for a change. Long may it continue. Though I suspect I'm going to get a lot of flak from the white fanboys about that!

I've just started watching through the Clone Wars series too and am really enjoying that. I look forward to Rebels after that too as I've heard good things!

My favorite character is Padme. She's such a badass in the Clone Wars. I like Rose too, I hope we get more of her.

Least favorite? Poe. Sexist cocky fly boy, everything that is wrong with modern male leadership.

Controversial take? Kylo Ren is so overrated. Like what has he actually achieved? Killed his father, lost to Rey (despite his supposed training), and just generally sulks and expects everything to be handed to him on a plate.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Welcome! It’s always good to get new fans of this franchise. As a white fanboy I am also happy that Star Wars has become more representative of real life. Anyway I can’t wait to get into further discussion with you.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me or anyone else.

Prime Jedi likes this.
  3. MyMotherTalzin

MyMotherTalzin Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2018
    Haha thanks! Feel free to ask anything in a PM.

I'm going to post more on threads in time.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    Welcome to you from the Dark Side, @MyMotherTalzin . I love the Clone Wars era. So many cool story arcs and I agree; Padmé is very cool. Anything Clone Wars you want to discuss, give me a yell. I always enjoy a good discussion on that era. :)

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Glad to have already met you in the gaming forum, @MyMotherTalzin ! Folks here know I'm certainly partial to the strong, independent female characters of Star Wars; especially from the Clone Wars era ;)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Lady Belligerent likes this.
  6. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    Hello there Jada and welcome to the forums from New Zealand - I hope you will enjoy it here :)

7. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Welcome! I'm and original fan and I love Poe, could be an age thing :p ;)

8. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    No you wont, and if anyone tries to they will have to deal with a moderator. We dont tolerate any of that on the JCF. You will always have a home here on these forums to express your views without the fear of being bashed.

Oh, and welcome aboard! :)

9. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello! Okay...Kylo overrated? :eek: He wins just with his brooding and those epic meltdowns. :p

Please let me know if I can help out in any way. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.