main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Questions you would like to ask Lucas

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by darklordoftech, Apr 13, 2018.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Are there any questions you would like to ask Lucas?

I want to ask him if Darth Bane creating the Rule of Two coincided with the "extinction" of the Sith or if the Banite Sith openly existed for some time.

Dagobahsystem and Tosche_Station like this.
  2. LukeLives

LukeLives Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2018
    How many flannel shirts, do you own? And could your beard beat up chuck norris' s beard? .....and many questions about Disney's approach and direction to Star Wars.

3. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    Why couldn't you have insisted that a cartoon was shown before every Star Wars movie on general release in perpetuity?

I remember when short films (often a cartoon) shown before a main feature was being phased out in the late 70s and early 80s. Lucas and Spielberg both had cartoons shown before Star Wars and then ET but it quickly died after that.

4. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    On the ANH Tantive IV film set Dave Prowse (as Vader) - according to the earlier screenplay - said that the ship "carried the crest of Alderaan". Now, these scenes were shot last and after all the Yavin IV footage with the pilot helmets etc. had been shot.

So in case that line would have survived (and been redubbed by James Earl Jones) somebody might have asked Lucas about that particular crest and I'd be curious if his answer would have been: "That's the one you see on Luke's pilot helmet (which was a gift from the princess)"

Tosche_Station likes this.
  5. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Why couldn't Leia have been a Senator and Jedi in training? I would have loved to have seen her wield a lightsaber.

6. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    He's already answered that in the movies themselves as Yoda not only knew about the Rule of Two but very specifically said "Always two there are. No more, no less." This would make no sense if the Rule of Two were adopted in secret then the Jedi couldn't know about it. The Sith have long been adversaries that only had a master and apprentice. Bane's legacy of that rule was long known to the Jedi (as seen in the Yoda arc in TCW).

In the new canon (and the EU before that) they get it completely wrong. In the visual dictionary for TLJ they say that Sidious and Vader were the culmination of the line of Bane and the Rule of Two from one thousand years previously AFTER the Sith had vanished.

They tied the destruction of the original Sith legions to Bane and the Rule of Two being something down in secret. Which means that Bane couldn't be known for establishing it and the Jedi wouldn't know about it and after 1,000 years would expect many more than two Sith into the dozens, hundreds or thousands.

In the TPM novel Lucas actually has the larger group of Sith fall apart very quickly and the Rule of Two established by Bane went on for thousands of years by the time they vanished.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  7. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Is there any way you can buy back Star Wars?

8. lookameatbag

lookameatbag Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2014
    How would you do the ST?

9. Plan741

Plan741 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 22, 2015
    Ditto. What did you have planned for this segment of the series? I know it wasn't for sure a series of movies that painstakingly remind us of the films that immediately preceded them. I know there was a deliberate story in there that moved the narrative along in. So far we've got a mess with no real direction.

10. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I know, but I want the world to hear it from GL's mouth.

11. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    What was his plan for the ST

Who is his favourite character

12. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Did he create the name "Darth Bane", or did Terry Brooks come
    up with it?

Dandelo likes this.
  13. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Can I see the original cut of Anakin's turn? :p

And maybe is the specifically 13 year gap between the lightest film (TPM) and the darkest film (ROTS) in any way symbolic.

14. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Where does "Darth" come from?

darklordoftech likes this.
  15. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    If you could go back in time, would you still sell your creation?

Visivious Drakarn and Lulu Mars like this.
  16. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Who is your favorite fan? *wink wink*

Seriously, though: Have you made any of those arthouse movies you've been talking about? Could I see one?

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  17. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Why did Boba and Zam have to die so soon in the films? :_| :p

What were your plans for the ST?

May we have the OOT on blu ray?

18. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    Who are the Whills ?

darklordoftech likes this.
  19. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    Obviously his plans for the ST are a given (but there's almost no way he would answer).

Other than that, I'd probably want to ask him about Leia remembering her mother while Luke doesn't, and whether there really was any intended significance to baby Leia's eyes being wide open while baby Luke's are closed at the end of ROTS.

Shaak Ti likes this.
  20. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    What was it like filming in a real desert?

Deliveranze likes this.
  21. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Whether he was sad that his and Dave Filoni's plans for TCW were never completed, and what he thought of the show as a whole.

22. Dellow Felegate

Dellow Felegate Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2018
    What were the OG plans for 7,8,9 ?
    And why didn't you wait until TCW was completed to sell the company? 2 more years, George, that wasn't an eternity.

Shaak Ti and darkspine10 like this.
  23. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    My understanding was that for some sort of tax reasons Disney was willing to pay significantly more if he sold then. Again, I can't really blame George. He's at that point in his life where he can't be sure he'll be alive for even another decade. He just wanted to cash out and get as much money as he could to finally move on from Star Wars and live out the rest of his life the way he wants to.

Kind of sucks for those of us who wanted to see his Star Wars story continue, but I'm happy for him.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    Darthman92 likes this.
  24. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I wouldn't really ask him anything at this point. It is all behind him, just as he wanted it to be. If I had the privilege of meeting George, whom I consider an idol of mine at this point, I would simply thank him for everything that he has contributed to cinema, tell him that his work means the world to me, and end on the note that I am so beyond excited for his museum to open.

Ok, maybe I lied... maybe I'd also slip in a little question and ask him if he ever did make any of his small art films in private.

25. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    What are your spiritual beliefs? Give as essay.

Moff Hylldar likes this.