main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Because Commander Sato would have laughed in his face. Also, the Interdictors probably don't exclusively stop ships, which brings to mind hilarious imagery of space whales being pulled from hyperspace.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    vncredleader and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    OMG. Stealing that so.much.

3. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    WAYS TO RUIN THE ENDING OF STAR WARS: REBELS

Databank Entry:

Lothal became a symbol of freedom and justice in the galaxy as well as resistance to the Empire. As a result, it soon became one of the richest and most prosperous port planets in the Outer Rim territories as well as a center for construction of new starships for the fledgling New Republic. As a result, they renamed the planet after the Battle of the Fuel Depots region and it became known thereafter as Hosnian Prime.

:)

vncredleader, Vialco and mnjedi like this.
  4. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    So, apparently the reason why a lot of WEG stuff showed up in Rebels was not because Filoni was a fan (how could he be, he didn't write it himself lol@Ashoka). Filoni in fact didn't know much of it. It was because Sam Witwer was constantly referencing the stuff to him, in his office. Basically that guy from BSG who voices Maul is responsible.

Voltron64 likes this.
  5. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Yeah, Sam is a huge nerd. He game mastered a Star Wars RPG with the cast of Rebels recently on twitch. It was hilarious. I can't find the first session unfortunately.

Kylun, mnjedi, Vialco and 1 other person like this.
  6. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    He's often on the Order 66 podcast, which is probably the best produced and resourced Star Wars RPG podcast out there. They're constantly getting FFG devs on the programme, and Witwer has guested a number of times.

Their latest episode is about the book Dawn of Rebellion, the first sourcebook FFG have produced which sits across all 3 of their Star Wars roleplaying games. It reminded me of the good of Rebels (most of it),

as well as sadly the bad:

[​IMG]

and the ugly:

[​IMG]

7. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Sam's one of the few sci-fi idols I have left. He's such a kind person, humble, down-to-earth and genuine. I hope one day I get a chance to meet him in person. What a great guy. He does all this out of his love for the franchise, on his own time.

Slater, kalzeth, Voltron64 and 3 others like this.
  8. Sigismund

Sigismund Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 16, 2018
    [​IMG]
    I had no idea he was in BSG *looks him up* holy ****, he was that guy

Ender Sai likes this.
  9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    He played a corpse in Walking Dead pilot episode also. Showrunner Frank Darabont intended to return to him in Season 2 and do a whole episode from his POV but that didn't quite happen.

10. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    Small bit of information for you. The Leia Chronicles Forces of Destiny book which covers three Leia stories (ewok escape, a bounty of trouble and imperial feast) adds a bit more info about Heras role at Endor.

When Han goes to meet Hera , he congratulates her on the victory commenting that she did well 'up there' suggesting she was in the space battle of Endor as opposed to the forest battle.

Usual rules of adaptations apply of course as it's not actually mentioned in the episode, but I think this tidbit can be taken as fact for now.

RaptorMusic likes this.
  11. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    [face_tee_hee]

...Man, random old thread rereads can be so fun. Especially when they involve kicking Jello when he's down.

12. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    lol holy crap

13. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    The prophecy has been fulfilled!

Daneira likes this.
  14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    [​IMG]

vncredleader and Ulicus like this.
  15. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    This review on the final season is pretty good

16. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015

That guy has a cringeworthy voice for a youtuber. And if he only liked 10 out of the 75 episodes of the show why is he bothering to make Rebels videos at all? Because he wants those clicks?

RaptorMusic likes this.
  17. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    1 He’s only a kid besides which, I don’t think a person can help how there voice sounds.
    2 He says at the start that he wasnt going to but was asked to do a video

18. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    So basically he just wants the clicks. Anyways I quickly looked over his channel and a good number of the videos he puts up our videos saying 'Why this sucks or why that sucks'. We all know that people can get a following on YouTube over being a negative nancy but if I am gonna even think of bothering to watch a video of one of those types of people I at least want them to be bearable to listen to (maybe not for their content but for the charisma they have).

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  19. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    He's replying to the assertion from his followers that he should give the last ten episodes a try, even though he didn't like all the previous ones -- why would ten good episodes off-set seventy-five bad ones, is his argument. He says he doesn't like anything about Rebels, so he doesn't even like ten episodes.

But yeah. Not a great review. The formation of the Rebellion isn't interesting subject matter? It should be gritty? No thanks.

20. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Having watched every single episode of Rebels, I'm going to say we didn't really get the formation of the Rebellion. The Force Unleashed covered that better, and I never would have thought I'd be saying this when the show premiered years ago.

The show was about Kanan and Ezra, and the Rebellion stuff was literally background. We never even got Dantooine base, a formal founding of the Rebellion, or even Mon Mothma and Bail Organa interacting with each other. How can this show be called the formation of the Rebellion?

The official arc of the show, saving Lothal, literally ended up being a non-Alliance operation...

Rennzwerg and fett 4 like this.
  21. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    I don't think it was ever intended to be, nor did the production team call it that as far as I can recall. But it's using that setting, that era, which is fully open to the raft of stories Rebels told over its run, from Rebellion-oriented ones like Secret Cargo to the more tangential, weird stuff like Legends of the Lasat.

Besides, I reckon elements like the Declaration of Rebellion and the Dantooine base could work their way into future material, possibly deliberately so in order for Rebels to concentrate on the story it set out to tell (same with Hera's part in the Battle of Scarif, for instance).

22. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Because "Rebels" =/= "Alliance to Restore the Republic" Still, the formation of the Alliance is very much a part of the show. There isn't a single event which can be called the birth of the Alliance, because it began back during the Clone Wars. Ryloth and Onderon had some of the first organized Rebel Cells which went on to fight against the Empire. Clone Wars era Republic Senators who later were Imperial Senators openly expressed their misgivings about the Chancellorship accumulating excessive powers. Those were the building blocks. It didn't start after Sheev declared himself Emperor.
    "Rebels" is the story of a single crew and we see through this lens how the Alliance forms over time. This single crew was involved with, even initiated some of the most important events that led to the gathering of forces we see in Rogue One. That's not giving them too much credit, these were important moments in Star Wars canon. I think the most important moment in the show was in Season 1, when Ezra broadcast his message that challenged Rebels in all corners of the galaxy to work together rather than fight alone. Bail Organa, the leader of the nascent Rebel effort, agreed with Ezra and that's what kicked the formation of the Alliance into overdrive. That was the catalyst. Bigger factions (Phoenix Group, Massassi Group, etc...) were formed in the months that followed and they converged over Dantooine where Mon Mothma called upon them all to join her. The rest is Star Wars history.
    Season 4 was the ending to the story being told about that single crew in this context, that's why the epilogue brushes over the events of the Original Trilogy like it's nothing important.

23. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    This was a show about Rebels, not the Rebellion.

Basically, a bunch of side characters and their perspective on the Galactic Civil War.

Which I think works far better than politics.

YMMV.

24. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    I thought TFU meshed a good story about Starkiller while also tying in the founding of the Alliance. The only hiccup being Bail Organa being outed as a Rebel, which breaks continuity.

Fallen Jedi Master and fett 4 like this.
  25. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Well they didn't really mesh it so much as make Starkiller the founder of the rebellion and their symbol his family crest.

Darth_Duck and Ghost like this.