main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V SOLO: A Star Wars Story (untagged spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Just my $0.02..but I think Jyn and Cassian should have survived...not unscathed...but able to heal and have other stories.

Instead of standing there watching the blast approach you either have them running and taking Krennic's shuttle or a U-Wing with a handful of survivors picks them up and just makes it out.

Revanfan1 and AusStig like this.
  2. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Wouldn't that require them to be speedsters?
    "I'm Jyn Erso, and I'm the fastest woman alive."

3. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Actually with the World Between Worlds now canon from Rebels, Jyn and Cassian have a canon way of surviving if needed. They already pulled this trick with Ahsoka.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  4. cookeycat

cookeycat Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2016
  5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Something's going on in the background...
    On the wall, there's some sort of... propaganda?

6. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I almost wish I hadn't read backwards for context because this made me laaaaaaaaaugh.

7. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I actually kinda don't want a young Han Solo trilogy. One is enough. I want their to be a bit of mystique to Han's past. A lot of blury stuff.

8. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    I think it's safe to assume that most of his twenties were, indeed, blurry. Mine certainly were, until one day when I was twenty-nine I found myself day-drinking in a dive bar next to a big hairy guy when an old man came up to us and asked if we could take him, some kid, a butler and a garbage can into outer space. That... that was the day I knew I had to turn my life around.

9. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    If they are doing something in the vein of the Daley books...individual adventures set before ANH then I am 'fer' it..if they are trying to do the Crispin trilogy where we get every moment of Han's life then I am 'agin' it.

Valin__Kenobi likes this.
  10. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    They're not doing any of it, are they? Alden's just contractually obligated to show up if they need Han for a scene or two in some future film. Him having a multi-picture deal doesn't instantly equate to "Han Solo Trilogy". Sam Jackson had a, what, nine-picture deal for Marvel? It wasn't like every film revolved around Nick Fury, and there were plenty of films without him.

But if the Kenobi stand-alone happens and, hey, they need to cut away to Jabba berating some smuggler punk for dropping his spice shipment, they've got Alden on contractual speed dial.

EDIT:
    This again? We never saw Ahsoka die, and in fact we saw her walking away from the encounter. We've seen a super-nuclear blast consume Jyn and Cassian, which is about as definitively dead as you can get. Ezra didn't change the past, or the future, or anything. He always saved Ahsoka, and Jyn and Cassian always got Tarkin'd.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    Daneira and Jedi Princess like this.
  11. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Then this is the song for you :cool:

12. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    I don't think they will waste 2 minutes of screen time on one of his contractual appearances.

Tarkin'd...[face_laugh]^:)^

13. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    But that's my point -- I think people are blowing it out of proportion. It seems like a pretty standard contractual clause for an actor in a franchise. It doesn't mean they've got two sequels planned, just that they're covering their bases if they need Han to show up again somewhere. And once he gets to his third appearance, they could negotiate a new contract for further appearances. It's not like they've got three wishes and that's their lot.

Also, to go back to the Nick Fury example, several of his appearances were exactly that: two minutes of screentime that fulfilled one of his nine contractual appearances.

Valin__Kenobi likes this.
  14. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Obviously they need him for a supporting role in the upcoming Lando film series.

15. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015

Yeah that's true. I didn't think that. It could just be two cameos.

16. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    The WBW isn't even necessary. Jyn and Cassian survived by the sheer power of their hatred, and they'll be walking corpses a la Darth Sion and Darth Githany in the future. :p

kalzeth and MercenaryAce like this.
  17. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Yeah, if we go all the way up to Han walking into the cantina in ANH it will look super weird if he has Alden's face going into the cantina and Harrison Ford's inside.

Claire1976 likes this.
  18. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    Ooh, morphing!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Han will get plastic surgery at the last minute to hide from Jabba.

Yunzabit and Valin__Kenobi like this.
  20. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Well, the canon so far has Tagge escaping the Death Star as it blows up, Phasma escaping a trash compactor and then Starkiller Base, Darth Maul able to find and attach cyborg legs onto his torso after falling a few hundred feet, Ahsoka being saved from death because an owl helped guide Ezra through a time portal... it's not like an unrealistic escape would be new.

kalzeth likes this.
  21. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    That is why I made the suggestion of the U-Wing picking they up....kind of like how they got out of Jedha.

22. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Was Tagge's really unrealistic? From Aphra's story in FACPOV it sounds like he left the Death Star sometime before the Battle of Yavin to investigate the rebel base on Dantooine, not a Teh Roxxor shockwave-riding escape. I thought that was a reasonable out, though I could understand a counterargument like "Did the Dantooine assignment really require someone so high-ranking? Did it really need to be him?" So, hmm... at least it wasn't a last-minute bail-out? But I'm just being fussy and agree with your other examples, Maul's especially.

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    This is an amazing mental image. Tagge riding one of those space skateboards like on the Jetsons. On a shockwave.

24. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    I would expect no less flashy stylishness from a Tagge. Even one as dour as Cassio. Flamboyance is in his blood. It has to break through from time to time.

I should probably say something on-topic... I can't wait to see that Star Destroyer in the space-storm corridor on the big screen. What visuals are you folks most looking forward to?

Barriss_Coffee and Nom von Anor like this.
  25. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    You know that scene of everybody lined up and Han unclipping his holster? I want to see Han in an Old West gunfight.

We may not have Gallandro, but at least give me this.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    Ulicus , Revanfan1, Vthuil and 5 others like this.