main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars: Resistance

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-resistance-set-for-fall-debut
    [​IMG]

This fall, welcome to the Resistance!

StarWars.com is thrilled to announce that production has begun on Star Wars Resistance, an exciting new animated adventure series about Kazuda Xiono, a young pilot recruited by the Resistance and tasked with a top-secret mission to spy on the growing threat of the First Order. It will premiere this fall on Disney Channel in the U.S. and thereafter, on Disney XD and around the world.

Featuring the high-flying adventure that audiences of all ages have come to expect from Star Wars, Star Wars Resistance — set in the time prior to Star Wars: The Force Awakens — will feature the beloved droid BB-8 alongside ace pilots, colorful new characters and appearances by fan favorites including Poe Dameron and Captain Phasma, voiced by actors Oscar Isaac and Gwendoline Christie, respectively.

The series was created by renowned Lucasfilm Animation veteran Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels); executive-produced by Athena Portillo (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels), Justin Ridge (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) and Brandon Auman (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles); and art-directed by Amy Beth Christenson (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels).

“The idea for Star Wars Resistance came out of my interest in World War II aircraft and fighter pilots” said Filoni. “My grandfather was a pilot and my uncle flew and restored planes, so that’s been a big influence on me. There’s a long history of high-speed racing in Star Wars, and I think we’ve captured that sense of excitement in an anime-inspired style, which is something the entire team has been wanting to do for a long time.”

Marc Buhaj, senior vice president, Programming and general manager, Disney XD, said, “Our colleagues at Lucasfilm have created a compelling narrative for an untold moment in the Star Wars galaxy, and we are excited to partner with them again on this new original series. Star Wars Resistance will bring viewers across generations an engaging story with heart, humor and both new and familiar characters.”

In addition to Isaac and Christie, the voice cast includes actors Christopher Sean (Days of Our Lives), Suzie McGrath (East Enders), Scott Lawrence (Legion), Myrna Velasco (Elena of Avalor), Josh Brener (Silicon Valley), Donald Faison (Scrubs), Bobby Moynihan (DuckTales), Jim Rash (Community), and Rachel Butera (Tammy’s Tiny Tea Time).

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Ah, that fresh new thread smell!

So glad to have a post-ROTJ show, and about the Resistance to boot.

3. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    Donald Faison, Bobby Moynihan and Jim Rash? Colour me intrigued.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

4. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Ah, makes sense why Donald Faison was at the Rebels series finale event. Very ballsy of him to give Filoni a hard time knowing what we know now.

Voltron64 and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  5. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    It seems like pilots will be the focus instead of Force users this time but since Filoni is still heavily involved, I fully expect to see some familiar TCW/Rebels characters popping up here and there (Hera!:D).

Kylun, Voltron64, spicer and 4 others like this.
  6. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    Kazuda Xiono is the main character. I can't wait for the complaints about their adventures being filler and how they're dragging us away from some formation of the resistance story that was never promised.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

7. GFFAwakens

GFFAwakens Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 24, 2015
    As much as I am dying for a continuation of the Ezra and Thrawn story, this looks really cool. The new art style seems fun as well. Looking very forward to this.

8. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Would have preferred Rouge Squadron instead of this. With 5 years of Galactic Civil War and the military strength the Rebellion had compared to the Resistence, I prefer that era when it comes to stories about pilots.

9. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Knowing Filoni, Kazuda Xiono is going to come across some unexpected purrgils and the wreckage of an old Star Destroyer on one of his missions. I'd say maybe early Season 2 after the establish the new cast.

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    There’s a possibility this will be either hand drawn or digital 2D. That’ll be very interesting. LFL has refined their CG skills and it’s exceptional for space battles, but I’m excited for the potential for expressiveness that hand-drawn offers.

Plus, important things like costume changes and capes.

11. nancipants

nancipants Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 16, 2017
    Ah, TFN, never change.

I'M SUPER EXCITED FOR PILOTS.

Revanfan1 and The_Forgotten_Jedi like this.
  12. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    The true question is, will we ever see Snoke on this series? Or will his face be offscreen and we just see his hands stroking his cat, saying "I'll get you next time, Kazuda... next time!"

Probably Jacen Syndulla will be on this show as a pilot to spare him from the fate of being Luke's student...

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  13. nancipants

Nov 16, 2017
    My hope is that Jacen isn't Force sensitive at all. It would be an interesting change/development that Force sensitivity isn't ALWAYS inherited.

14. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Kind of disappointed it is set in a specific time....I would prefer an anthology that tells stories throughout the entire saga period from TPM to Ep IX. They could have finished some of the TCW stories, followed up on the Ghost Crew, and even given us stories about Luke, Han, Leia, etc...

15. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    If they can work in young Ben Solo and his classmates, they can do for him what TCW did for Anakin: make his fall more believable and understandable.

Old ezra could feature as a deep cover agent in the unknown regions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Forces of Destiny.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  17. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    My general apathy towards the ST era dulls my enthusiasm for this. Still more Star Wars on TV is allways good.

Fingers crossed for Agent Terrx and Admiral Sloane. Maybe the Eclipse too.

18. nancipants

Nov 16, 2017
    If this is focused on the Resistance, wouldn't it be after Kylo's fall?

19. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    ....Wow, this looks well crafted to my tastes.

I have to admit, my first thought was "is that an E-Wing"? Looking again, the wings are wrong, but it does look similar at least.

20. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    That title image has a bit of a... Naboo vibe to it. Not that I think it suggests anything about the plot, but that yellow-and-blue really reminds me of Star Wars: Starfighter. An anime style is interesting, and considering Star Wars's roots with Japanese cinema it feels right. Donald Faison and Jim Rash are the icing on the cake, too.

Great image... but I hope Thrawn shows up much earlier than this, in order to give us a new canon Thrawn Trilogy in some form. I don't want him to sit out the entire Civil War and New Republic era.

21. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I assume you mean, Ben's fall. And the answer is, I guess it depends. When does Leia break away from the New Republic to form the Resistance. What was the catalyst? Rumors of Starkiller Base? Rumors of Snoke?

22. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Kylo's fall was never conclusively dated I believe... In Bloodline, there's no indication he's evil yet, just that he's off training with Luke. The Resistance is founded in Bloodline. While everyone assumes Kylo turns right after Bloodline, this may not be the case. There's a gap of years (6 years by press release, 4 years by book itself) between Bloodline and TFA during which Kylo can turn.

They could even bring Luke and his students in to help out in the first season or so, only to have the temple destruction occur in season 2 or 3.

23. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Will be interesting how much this show will play into the Poe comic currently going on. Sounds like it is going to take place prior to the Poe comic as this will be about gathering info about the First Order while in the Poe comic the FO is already a known threat and they are mainly trying to track down Tekka.

Voltron64 likes this.
  24. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    I'm hoping they'll bring in some characters from the Poe comic. Porting characters from the page to the small screen seems rather obvious, but I can't remember if it's been done yet, which is kind of ridiculous. The comic built up a set of pre-TFA Resistance pilots... hopefully they'll make an appearance here.

Funny that they choose to refer to Moynihan's work on Duck Tales and not SNL.

25. nancipants

Nov 16, 2017
    I said what I said dot gif

I really, really, really, hope they don't address the temple massacre/Kylo's fall in an animated show. Especially when they're focusing on a main character Resistance pilot.

26. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Jess Pava and Snap Wexley are movie characters as well so there is probably a good chance they will make an appearance. Probably shouldn't expect much more than cameos (or one off episodes) from the likes of Poe, Jess, and Snap though.